• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Could Gary Thorne Return as ESPN's NHL Voice?

Phil

I hope not. I got off the boat on Thorne when he went berserk about Bourque winning the Cup in 1996 to the exclusion of any consideration that it was the Avs that won and there were 20 other guys on the team.

Reading about this, it's not clear what you will need to do to get every Rangers game, which, if you do not have access to MSG, you can get through a combination of NHL TV and NBC Sports Channel.

I hope not. I got off the boat on Thorne when he went berserk about Bourque winning the Cup in 1996 to the exclusion of any consideration that it was the Avs that won and there were 20 other guys on the team.

Reading about this, it's not clear what you will need to do to get every Rangers game, which, if you do not have access to MSG, you can get through a combination of NHL TV and NBC Sports Channel.

Dude, c'mon. Did you not understand the significance of that moment? you might be the only person I've heard not excited about Thorne. That Bourque call is an all time call.

• Like 1

Dude, c'mon. Did you not understand the significance of that moment? you might be the only person I've heard not excited about Thorne. That Bourque call is an all time call.

seriously that was one of the NHL's most iconic moments in their history and was the biggest storyline of the whole playoffs.

also it was '01 not '96