• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#23) Rangers at Pittsburgh Penguins // Road Warriors: Whhhhhhhhhhat a Rush!

Phil

Kinkaid played 2 periods and you see him challenging for the starter job?

Sure its all up for grabs who wants more. Georgie is average and Igor does not look like last year and he had some drama on the groin explosion. So who wants it more ? Like I said in my earlier post sick of a .500 team under this guy. You have to beat the teams in front to get in the playoffs and this team is not hungry enough

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You hardly had to be a soothsayer to see this kind of game coming for Georgie, which is why Kinkaid should have started.

With everything else that has been going on, Howden has been too minor an issue to post about, but really, this is like the coach's son on a Little League team. Couldn't Blackwell have played center and Howden have been scratched? Has he developed one iota since October 2018?

Zib was fortunate when the goalie gave him way too much space on the short side on the goal, but it spurred him on and he had some energy for a while, at least until he missed a tap in at the end of second period.

Ok, a stinker in the third game in four days. Let's see how they adjust Tuesday night. The Penguins are just not an impressive team, and the way the season series has gone with them is really irritating.

You hardly had to be a soothsayer to see this kind of game coming for Georgie, which is why Kinkaid should have started.

With everything else that has been going on, Howden has been too minor an issue to post about, but really, this is like the coach's son on a Little League team. Couldn't Blackwell have played center and Howden have been scratched? Has he developed one iota since October 2018?

Zib was fortunate when the goalie gave him way too much space on the short side on the goal, but it spurred him on and he had some energy for a while, at least until he missed a tap in at the end of second period.

Ok, a stinker in the third game in four days. Let's see how they adjust Tuesday night. The Penguins are just not an impressive team, and the way the season series has gone with them is really irritating.

To put it mildly. That SO loss after leading 3-1, another one goal loss after leading 2-1, the OTL after leading 4-3...Rangers were in a position to have won all 3 of those games and should've. And then today's stinker...for fuck's sake, they better win a way to get the W on Tuesday. PIT ain't even that good.

Ok let’s get this out of the way. No way Kinkaid should have started. And this is coming from a dude that lived one town over, had mutual friends, etc. That’s just hindsight talking. We are talking about a guy that hasn’t played for quite a long time. Having said that, he was awesome. It’s too bad the rest of the team thought scoring the first goal.

This just shows how far we are for various reasons. Sucks too because I still , to this day, think this is a year we NEED to make the playoffs.

Ok let’s get this out of the way. No way Kinkaid should have started. And this is coming from a dude that lived one town over, had mutual friends, etc. That’s just hindsight talking. We are talking about a guy that hasn’t played for quite a long time. Having said that, he was awesome. It’s too bad the rest of the team thought scoring the first goal.

This just shows how far we are for various reasons. Sucks too because I still , to this day, think this is a year we NEED to make the playoffs.

Yeah, you can't start Kinkaid for last night's game...agreed. There's no basis for it; Georgie just came off a win against NJ, and he's rested because Shesty had played pretty much every game before he went down with the injury. Kinkaid hadn't even seen the ice this season. People would be calling for Quinn's head (even more!!) if Kinky started!!! ...god forbid Kinky had a bad game, and Quinn started him, ugh!! Quinn'd be getting the guillotine!! :rofl:

NOW we can play Kinkaid!!!! ...and should! ...a lot!!!!

Georgiev looked like shit the last several games. He made some really good lateral stops on a couple of plays, but he lets in too many softies. Reminds me of Carter Hart!!! (sorry, I had to ;))

He's been losing his angles, looks behind him on every shot (nice scouting RMC!!), plays breakaways like a 3rd grader, and has let too many long shots beat him by being buried back in the net too far.

He's slow to play the puck on dump in's, and seems to have shitty communication with his defenseman behind the net.

I hope Georgie has some extra padding in his ass, because he's about to be picking splinters out of it riding the bench!!! I felt very comfortable with Kinky in there last night! It's only one game, but he's played pretty well in his past NHL days...he has a lot more experience, and could very well contend for the starting role in my opinion....especially if Shesty turns out to be "fragile".

Panarin could have been the difference maker in this game. He's had his personal time but he needs to start playing now. Everyone's been backing him up and he's being paid a shit ton to play hockey so get him back in pronto before this season is too far out of reach.

Always thought it was funny when I saw people on Twitter thinking we could get good assets for a goalie with a career .892 save % and 2.93 GAA

Georgiev for Bracco. The trade is one-for-one.

In all seriousness, he's Valiquette reborn. It's either a shutout or a four goals on six shots and a 6-2 loss.

Georgiev for Bracco. The trade is one-for-one.

In all seriousness, he's Valiquette reborn. It's either a shutout or a four goals on six shots and a 6-2 loss.

I was honestly thinking this same thing. He will have a great game, and then the next one is shit, an then back to playing a great game. Vally is the perfect goaltender to compare him to.

Kincaid kept them in the game and Igor has competition. Again Quinn’s inability to adjust and the Pens will kill you on the odd man rush all the time. Let’s see how he adjust his game plan for the next game vs the Pens

Igor has competition, lol? He got off to a slow start. Since Jan 28th he's top 5 in the league in SV% and GAA.

If Kinkaid ends up in a position to compete for a starter (or even 1A/1B) role, then the Rangers have a major issue on their hands and might as well give up on this season and start a proper search for a legitimate goalie.

Panarin could have been the difference maker in this game. He's had his personal time but he needs to start playing now. Everyone's been backing him up and he's being paid a shit ton to play hockey so get him back in pronto before this season is too far out of reach.

im thinking the same. where the fuck is Panarin? The accusations were BS, come back and play for your team. stop beating off to your girlfriend's hygiene products.

is he really? that's awesome. ...and there i was worried about Kinkaid..lol

Shesty's goaltending has been pretty fine, CC....that's not the issue. He's "fragile", or so it seems.

Dude, did you see him after he "slightly" pulled that groin? I thought he got fucking shot in the dick from the rafters or something!! LOL

Hank would get freight-trained by Ovechkin, and jump back up like he had a spring in his ass! It's a bit different with Igor; we have to get him a pretty good supply of "Stay Free" pads :rofl:

Kinkaid would be a very good backup, especially for the rest of this season, and next. His contract and talent are a good bargain.

Georgiev has one year left on his contract. That might make him tradeable, but he's just not a tremendous player, and I don't think he'd be a starter for any team in the NHL right now.

Shesterkin is fine. He gives up one softy a game but usually makes a handful of saves he shouldn't.

Georgiev on the other hand has one decent game followed immediately by an implosion.

If the Rangers want to take a stab at the playoffs, Igor should play close to the remainder of the games.