• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#22) Rangers at New Jersey Devils // Covid-River Rivals IV: Pandemic Masters

Phil

Re: Quinn's comments regarding the goalie for tomorrow, no disrespect to Kinkaid, but the game is too important from a standings perspective to not start Georgiev again tomorrow. And with the light load he's had this season, he should be able to handle it.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ragged affair. Boy, was NJ bad. I'm not going to point out that this effort would not have beaten one of the better teams, because, in fairness, there's an element of playing to the level of the opponent, which in this case is bad.

Some nice play by Kakko. Miller gets more studly by the hour!

Need better work from Georgie while Sheshty is recovering from his near death experience.

Well rangers are winning great finally over .500 but let’s face it as they have played Buffalo and NJ. They should win these games. We now come into Pittsburg, Boston and Washington (50/50) so the 2nd period was all sloppy and the 3rd is to slow. They need to pick up the pace for the opponents coming up
Didn't they just beat Boston and Washington?

Yes, many improvements needed. But a lot of improvement in the can. Better fundamental D, more ballsy O. I knew Chytil was playing well, but I'm not sure I expected the impact he's had in the last 2. As Brooks said, he may well line up with Bread when he returns. Kakko was hungry. Can't wait until he gets a couple more games in rhythm. Much to look forward to.

How about this from Brooks? Maybe Hajek will kick Johnson out of the lineup. Gimme more!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Didn't they just beat Boston and Washington?

There have been some real stretches of turd play, but looking at the season as a whole when considering all the key injuries, other absences, and general lack of continuity I really do think the team has held up quite well- and that’s with some really iffy coaching decisions as a mitigating factor.

All Caught up. Overall sloppy early on but they looked good through the second and third. Still some work to be done but whatever. I really really hope this continues and we end up a playoff team. I don’t care what management says, I think this team needs to make that leap to earn a playoff spot this year.

All Caught up. Overall sloppy early on but they looked good through the second and third. Still some work to be done but whatever. I really really hope this continues and we end up a playoff team. I don’t care what management says, I think this team needs to make that leap to earn a playoff spot this year.
Underpromise and overdeliver. Always a good strategy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What a drive by Fox. Channeled his inner DeAngelo there.

Miller is just fantastic. He is getting better and better game by game. Amazing instincts on defense.

Chytil is seriously turning that corner. He may be better than we all imagined. Gotta give Quinn credit for this one forwards development, because he's looking more and more like a top 6 forward with every game played.

Can we see more Gauthier please? If this kid gets some confidence and trust from the coach, he could add that missing aspect of a player who uses his size to take the puck straight to the net, and can work the boards to tire out defenders. I don't know how, but the Rangers need to find more icetime for this guy.

Strome has quietly been a solid player again. Proving it's not all Panarin as his winger that boosted his game to a respectable level.

I don't know why some people are saying the Rangers are playing with 2 AHL D men. Cause Hajek is gaining some momentum and playing with purpose. His offensive play is really starting to make a difference. He's no all star at the moment, but this is another guy that just needs some confidence to play his game and add what he adds, which is a pretty decent 2 way game. I think that goal may open him up a bit and we will see a lot more shots from him. He's a decent passer too.

Can they please come up with a different game plan for Zibanejad? Enough of the off wing one timer. He's not hitting it. Try some set up for a tap in on the right hand side, or create some rushes for him to get some homerun passes for breaks to the net.. How you'd do that? I have no fucking clue lol, but this same set up is predictable and it isn't working. Revisit it after you jar him loose from this skid. He's a highly skilled player. You can do a lot more with him.

I know the Devils stunk, but this was the kind of game the Rangers needed. Seemed like a springboard game where players loosen up and gain confidence.

What a drive by Fox. Channeled his inner DeAngelo there.

Miller is just fantastic. He is getting better and better game by game. Amazing instincts on defense.

Chytil is seriously turning that corner. He may be better than we all imagined. Gotta give Quinn credit for this one forwards development, because he's looking more and more like a top 6 forward with every game played.

Can we see more Gauthier please? If this kid gets some confidence and trust from the coach, he could add that missing aspect of a player who uses his size to take the puck straight to the net, and can work the boards to tire out defenders. I don't know how, but the Rangers need to find more icetime for this guy.

Strome has quietly been a solid player again. Proving it's not all Panarin as his winger that boosted his game to a respectable level.

I don't know why some people are saying the Rangers are playing with 2 AHL D men. Cause Hajek is gaining some momentum and playing with purpose. His offensive play is really starting to make a difference. He's no all star at the moment, but this is another guy that just needs some confidence to play his game and add what he adds, which is a pretty decent 2 way game. I think that goal may open him up a bit and we will see a lot more shots from him. He's a decent passer too.

Can they please come up with a different game plan for Zibanejad? Enough of the off wing one timer. He's not hitting it. Try some set up for a tap in on the right hand side, or create some rushes for him to get some homerun passes for breaks to the net.. How you'd do that? I have no fucking clue lol, but this same set up is predictable and it isn't working. Revisit it after you jar him loose from this skid. He's a highly skilled player. You can do a lot more with him.

I know the Devils stunk, but this was the kind of game the Rangers needed. Seemed like a springboard game where players loosen up and gain confidence.

Nice post and agreed on most everything here.

For Zibanejad, I would concentrate on getting him confidence on the PP while we wait for him to break through at even strength. When Panarin is back, they should use a 1-3-1 with Panarin on the left boards and Zibanejad in between the dots. Funnel the PP through Fox at the point and Buchnevich or Kakko on the right boards. They can go one time to Panarin, one time to Buchnevich, or Buchnevich can feed Zibanejad for one timers between the dots. They need more options, period. Everyone knows they try to feed Panarin/Zibanejad on the left, or they try the little pass down to Kreider at the side of the net on the right side hoping for some stuff in try. It's predictable and not very good, and teams just shade Panarin/Zibanejad. On top of having too many rightys on the PP now, it limits the options even more.

Kakko

Chytil

Miller

Fox

So fun watching that group.

You've created a monster, big guy!!!

I'm really loving watching these kids...especially Laffy!!! I'm looking forward to Kravtsov, and Braden Schneider too!!