• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Sabres GM Kevyn Adams Evaluating Ralph Krueger Amid Team's Woes

Phil

"It's just flat-out not good enough. I'm angry. I'd hope all of you are angry. I'd hope all our fans are angry. Because that means you care, and that's a good place to start," Adams said. "I've been empowered by [owners] Terry and Kim Pegula to fix this, and that's what I'm going to do."

One widely speculated fix would be to fire Krueger, who has gone 36-43-11 (.461) since taking over the Buffalo bench last season. He is the team's sixth head coach since 2012.

Adams said Krueger, like everything else around the team, is being evaluated as the season continues. Adams says he's looking at decisions that would impact the Sabres in the short term and long term, but that the belief the players have in Krueger is something he has had to balance in his evaluation process.

"We're very honest with each other," Adams said. "He understands the situation that we're in is unacceptable, that it's flat-out not good enough."

There has been speculation about whether Adams could even make the decision to fire Krueger, given the managerial structure of the organization and the power wielded by owners Terry and Kim Pegula over hockey operations. But Adams said he has "full authority" on hockey decisions, although he speaks with "Terry and Kim about everything."

The other big discussion topic was Eichel, the 24-year-old franchise player who is struggling through his worst goal-scoring campaign in six NHL seasons, with two goals in 19 games. Eichel does have 16 points.

Adams wouldn't confirm if Eichel is playing through an injury.

https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/31012125

Evaluate ownership.

I've just come to believe that the Sabres are right and truly fucked until the Pegulas sell. And it's almost unfair - they've honestly not been poor owners, but it's almost implausible that they've been this bad for this long with this much behind them.

I've just come to believe that the Sabres are right and truly fucked until the Pegulas sell. And it's almost unfair - they've honestly not been poor owners, but it's almost implausible that they've been this bad for this long with this much behind them.
They're control freaks and micro managers.

They have been poor owners. Constant meddling is terrible leadership. Being willing to spend money willy nilly isn't a virtue when you constantly spend it stupidly. It's an indictment of judgement. There's clearly no big picture vision any of them have that's worth a damn, because it's just been an endless parade of GMs, coaches, and personnel, with nary an even mild change in outcome.