• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Brent Seabrook "Unable to Play," Announces Abrupt Retirement

Phil

So Phil sort of explained this to me the other day but I still need clarification.

So his cap hit stays unless they exceed the cap, in which then it goes into LTIR so that thry can still function under the cap limits technically?

So Phil sort of explained this to me the other day but I still need clarification.

So his cap hit stays unless they exceed the cap, in which then it goes into LTIR so that thry can still function under the cap limits technically?

CF actually has a huge FAQ on LTIR alone: https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

It's really complicated, but generally speaking, players placed on LTIR aren't actually giving you back their cap hits unless you need it because you've spent over the cap.

read some articles this morning where he talks about some days where he couldn't walk at all because his hip was so f*cked up. He made the decision that being a Dad and being able to do some normal things with his family was his only goal going forward.

CF actually has a huge FAQ on LTIR alone: https://www.capfriendly.com/ltir-faq

It's really complicated, but generally speaking, players placed on LTIR aren't actually giving you back their cap hits unless you need it because you've spent over the cap.

In essence though, the only time it would really be important is when exactly you do need it so I guess unofficially it still helps every team that isn’t actually cash strapped in the first place.