• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Igor Shesterkin is Day-to-Day with Mild Groin Strain

Phil

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't help but think about when Richter tore his groin in his second year. He didn't regain his form for... years.

I knew about the bad knee injuries he had late in career (I saw them happen), but I didn't know he had a bad groin injury early in his career. Hasek tore his groin and was out for months.

I knew about the bad knee injuries he had late in career (I saw them happen), but I didn't know he had a bad groin injury early in his career. Hasek tore his groin and was out for months.

He injured his groin in the middle of 91-92. He came back late, but was not the same. The following season was an unmitigated disaster, culminating with him being sent to the minors. He didn't recover until 93-94. 94 and 97 playoffs not withstanding, one could argue that he was at his most dominate pre groin, as he was a Vezina finalist that first year, something he never was again.

He injured his groin in the middle of 91-92. He came back late, but was not the same. The following season was an unmitigated disaster, culminating with him being sent to the minors. He didn't recover until 93-94. 94 and 97 playoffs not withstanding, one could argue that he was at his most dominate pre groin, as he was a Vezina finalist that first year, something he never was again.
He played on some awful teams, which is most likely why he was never nominated again.

I hopped up here to see if there was any update this morning. I watched this one at the bar, so there was no sound, and it looked like he hurt his back or something. I don't think the shot even hit him; I thought that's what it was at first, but after the replay it looked as if the shot went over the net.

I hope he's ok....he was playing so well lately, too!

This looked BRUTAL, but non-contact injuries are odd. Let's hope its a low-grade sprain and not a tear.

Should get an update today, yeah?

Edit - I suppose the hard truth of this is that the likely minimum absence is a few days to a few weeks - and a few weeks basically means he's done through the deadline. Injuries suck, but they suck particularly hard this year because missing four weeks means missing something like 16 games, and not 9-10

That breeze is the slight exhale.

I didn't want to write this earlier, but I get the impression that Igor is a bit of a drama-queen if you will. I'm hoping that's the case with this because it certainly didn't look good from his initial reaction.

I didn't want to write this earlier, but I get the impression that Igor is a bit of a drama-queen if you will. I'm hoping that's the case with this because it certainly didn't look good from his initial reaction.

you shouldnt have, kevin. you hurt lots of people's feelings