• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#21) Rangers at New Jersey Devils // Covid-River Rivals III: Pandemic Warriors

Phil

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanna punch myself in the face and kick myself in the dick for saying it, but totally agree.

It's ok to indulge in your wants once in a while. I encourage you to do so here ;)

Like his groin was invaded by protestors but he should be OK because they didn't have guns... [emoji16]

Right after he got taken out by a player armed with hockey pants :thumbs:

I don't want to be that guy, but the question of Shesterkin's durability yet again comes into play. He gets hurt a lot. Remember that when we discuss getting rid of Georgiev.

Does he? He only missed time when they got into a car accident. Right? The playoff situation was fraud.

It's ok to indulge in your wants once in a while. I encourage you to do so here ;)

Right after he got taken out by a player armed with hockey pants :thumbs:

Should've know you couldn't just let the goodwill flow.

1st time getting hurt in a hockey game and he has durability issues. Jesus Christ.

He missed the first 2 games against the Canes in the playoffs in August because of a groin injury he suffered during one of the exhibition games. Might be a groin injury again 6 months later. I believe these are easy to re-injure, if it is a groin injury and the same leg.

Combined with a small workload in his Russia career. Only natural to start wondering what the chances are he stays healthy for or can handle starting 60 something games.

Silver lining is two fold.

1. We can just depend on our goalie to win for us (whether Quinnless takes this as we take it ot them balls to the walls or we we just attack without trying to win 1-0)

2. Get to see just how much Georgiev is as an NHL goalie wither for us, or for another team via trade or whatever. Personally I believe in him hardcore and everyone else should as well.

I think Georgiev is fine overall and Kinkaid is a serviceable backup, so the team could be alright. It's obviously not ideal, but they have goaltending. It sucks because Igor was starting to look a little more comfortable and they would have been out of the game early if it wasn't for him. They did play better in the second and third periods, but the garbage starts continue to rear their ugly heads. That first period might have been one of their worst played periods of the season. Huge rebound, though, and Kreider has been their best forward this season. Hopefully the offense has gotten some more confidence and Lafreniere continues to shine as well.