• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#20) Rangers vs. Buffalo Sabres // Operation Get Jacked III: Eyes on Eichel

Phil

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a win...fuck it...Yeah it wasn't pretty but there's a couple of things that stick out:

Kreider should definitely use the defenseman as a screen WAY more often. I hardly ever see him score a goal that way anymore; usually it's in front of the net, which is great, we need that too, but fuck it! Shoot the damn thing on goal when you have that chance with the D man in front of you!! That was a total snipe; upper corner, glove side!!! That was Messier-like! More please, CK???

Buch was all over the place, especially in the first period, and his becoming so versatile that he can be used in pretty much any situation is definitely a major plus. He's coming into his own a bit more of late.

Even Joe Mich saw Chytil ran outta gas last night in the 3rd. That's ok though, I was ok with his play last night; He came out flying and then "game shape" kicked in. No worries with him...he'll be better each night he plays I think.

Shesty's ability to play the puck on dump in's is incredibly valuable. Just his ability to stop those "wind-around" dump in's behind the net and hold it up for our defenseman is such a big advantage. It's a whole lot easier to play the puck that way, than having a forechecker following you at top speed, ready to make you a hieroglyphic on the boards as soon as you play the puck.

Oh yeah, and he WILL score one day!! I almost pissed myself when he took the shot last night with the empty net....but it'll happen one day!! He handles the puck so well....reminds my of Hextall a little bit!

Shesterkin needs to make one half more saves/game to get in to elite company, but he's the best puck handling goaltender I've ever seen, which is especially start given that we're coming off employing the worst puck handling goaltender I've ever seen, that didn't have to switch hands, anyways.

Laf has scored his last two in the blue paint, which is promising because a) he’s not that big and b) we have nobody who’s any good there unless you want to count Kreider, which I don’t, and c) because there’s nothing better to talk about

I was watching Eichel all game and he did not impress me at all. Just sayin’

The entire team looks like they've just given up. I find it really hard to assess anything related to the Sabres this year just like it was next to impossible to assess the Red Wings last year, or the Sens a few years back.

Shesterkin needs to make one half more saves/game to get in to elite company, but he's the best puck handling goaltender I've ever seen, which is especially start given that we're coming off employing the worst puck handling goaltender I've ever seen, that didn't have to switch hands, anyways.

I actually said to my wife last night that he lets in a goal every game when he starts playing cocky rather than confident.

She didnt understand or care.

The entire team looks like they've just given up. I find it really hard to assess anything related to the Sabres this year just like it was next to impossible to assess the Red Wings last year, or the Sens a few years back.

Skinner was noticeable all game, so was reinhard. Why give up a ton for him?

FYI - I'm not sitting in the seat next to you at the game. I picture you swinging fists left and right watching the action and I don't need to get caught by a right hook.

You're sitting on my left, Big guy!!! :rofl:

I'll have a beer in my hand...no swinging!!! ...unless it's empty!!! LOL

Skinner's contract may be almost as bad as Parise's! LOL

Parise's contract is bad, but there's a good deal of mercy in that deal right now. For one, after next season, Parise is due just 4m over three seasons. After making 94M prior, you have to think he's done. What's more, in a flat cap league where revenues are suppressed, his contract may actually have value as a "trade and buy out" thing - there are a few teams that would probably not bat an eye at spending 3m and getting nearly 7m in cap for the subsequent 3-4 years - if enticed, of course. In the worst case scenario - Minnesota's really got nobody else to give a big deal to. Kaprizov is due after this season, but isn't offer-sheet eligible yet. Greenway's due after next season. They're both already covered in the cap space Minny has anyway.

Skinner's on a full NMC for 6 more seasons after this one at 9m and got scratched for three straight. It is a flat-out unmovable contract - undeniably the worst in the NHL.

Parise's contract is bad, but there's a good deal of mercy in that deal right now. For one, after next season, Parise is due just 4m over three seasons. After making 94M prior, you have to think he's done. What's more, in a flat cap league where revenues are suppressed, his contract may actually have value as a "trade and buy out" thing - there are a few teams that would probably not bat an eye at spending 3m and getting nearly 7m in cap for the subsequent 3-4 years - if enticed, of course. In the worst case scenario - Minnesota's really got nobody else to give a big deal to. Kaprizov is due after this season, but isn't offer-sheet eligible yet. Greenway's due after next season. They're both already covered in the cap space Minny has anyway.

Skinner's on a full NMC for 6 more seasons after this one at 9m and got scratched for three straight. It is a flat-out unmovable contract - undeniably the worst in the NHL.

I didn't realize the intricacies with Parise, I was just sickened when I looked at Skinner's deal, G. Skinner's is "god-awfulble" (that's a cross between awful and terrible! ;)).

...speaking of Greenway, I would absolutely LOVE to be able to get him somehow!!! He's going to be an RFA as well after next season.

there are a few teams that would probably not bat an eye at spending 3m and getting nearly 7m in cap for the subsequent 3-4 years - if enticed, of course.

Precisely the kind of teams he would not waive his NMC for.