• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

The Rangers should have the necessary cap space to accommodate Vitali Kravtsov if, as expected, he is recalled from his loan to KHL Chelyabinsk when his team’s run is up in the KHL playoffs that commence Wednesday, The Post has been told.

The 21-year-old winger, selected No. 9 overall in the 2018 draft, finished with 24 points in 49 games after scoring his 16th goal in Friday’s regular-season finale.

There has been no official declaration from either the Rangers or Kravtsov’s camp about either’s intentions following the end of Chelyabinsk’s season, but a call to New York should be anticipated barring an unforeseen development.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/28/vitali-kravtsov-expected-to-join-rangers-soon/

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean.. cool hes a good prospect and all but I highly doubt he helps the rangers any more than kakko/laf are right now.

That's not even the point. The Rangers aren't making the playoffs this year. Kids like Kravstov should be playing games over some of the guys currently on the roster - even if those guys are playing okay.

My concern is that Kravstov did not gel with Quinn last time around. I really don't want to hear about how Kravstov needs to play defense.

That's not even the point. The Rangers aren't making the playoffs this year. Kids like Kravstov should be playing games over some of the guys currently on the roster - even if those guys are playing okay.

My concern is that Kravstov did not gel with Quinn last time around. I really don't want to hear about how Kravstov needs to play defense.

Kravtsov needs to play defense. What good is scoring if you're giving it back every time?

• Like 1

Kravtsov needs to play defense. What good is scoring if you're giving it back every time?

Been over this a million times by now, but IMO: you give players confidence that they can play at this level first, then you teach them how to do it better. They get confidence by playing their game and potting a few goals, getting a few points. Don't stifle what they have before their careers even begin.

I want to watch exciting hockey. And to me, exciting hockey is really about 6-7 players playing well: Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller, Fox, Chytil, Shesterkin and eventually Kravstov. I don't want to watch Kravstov dump and chase for 9 minutes a night. Id rather watch the team lose and these players play an exciting game than watch them go .500 (or worse) which is what they're doing now.

• Like 1

Yeah man, the guy's gotta know how to defend in the NHL...no doubt.

Look at the old Russian 5 in Detroit back in the 90's; Those fucking guys could lock down the Maffia out there, and then turn around and pull a rabbit out of their ass on offense. Federov was arguably one of the best defenders in the league...He even won the Selke in '94 and '96! Larionov and Kozlov were no slouches either!

There's a reason that team won the Cup 3 times....and having guys like Federov out there that can defend is a vital reason.

No player should be above knowing how to defend in my book!

Been over this a million times by now, but IMO: you give players confidence that they can play at this level first, then you teach them how to do it better. They get confidence by playing their game and potting a few goals, getting a few points. Don't stifle what they have before their careers even begin.

I want to watch exciting hockey. And to me, exciting hockey is really about 6-7 players playing well: Lafreniere, Kakko, Miller, Fox, Chytil, Shesterkin and eventually Kravstov. I don't want to watch Kravstov dump and chase for 9 minutes a night. Id rather watch the team lose and these players play an exciting game than watch them go .500 (or worse) which is what they're doing now.

Then go watch the Oilers and count the trophies in their trophy case since 1990.

Run and gun hockey is crazy fun. It never wins championships, and I'd much rather have all of those players looking to Patrice Bergeron or Anze Kopitar as role models than playing like the Harlem Globetrotters. If that means they look like third liners for a few months in their first season or two, so be it.

Then go watch the Oilers and count the trophies in their trophy case since 1990.

Run and gun hockey is crazy fun. It never wins championships, and I'd much rather have all of those players looking to Patrice Bergeron or Anze Kopitar as role models than playing like the Harlem Globetrotters. If that means they look like third liners for a few months in their first season or two, so be it.

*years*

Okay, thanks for the tips.

i agree. let the rookies find their game in the NHL and then teach them to play defense. once the team is ready to be taken to the next level, then i'd worry about 'defense wins championships'

Yeah man, the guy's gotta know how to defend in the NHL...no doubt.

Look at the old Russian 5 in Detroit back in the 90's; Those fucking guys could lock down the Maffia out there, and then turn around and pull a rabbit out of their ass on offense. Federov was arguably one of the best defenders in the league...He even won the Selke in '94 and '96! Larionov and Kozlov were no slouches either!

There's a reason that team won the Cup 3 times....and having guys like Federov out there that can defend is a vital reason.

No player should be above knowing how to defend in my book!

they had Bowman. we will need "Bowman" at some point too

By not making the team as a 19 year old?

• Like 1

they had Bowman. we will need "Bowman" at some point too

They learned how to play Bowman's "Left Wing Lock"...which was not very well known by Russian players....they had to learn it though.

Sure, they had Bowman, but those guys had talent that could be carried over to build another player!! :rofl:

By not making the team as a 19 year old?

Wasn't there a bit of a rift with regards to the message given to him when he was sent down and did not make the team? I thought I remember reading a translated interview with Kravtsov later where he said he was told they don't view him as a bottom 6 player and that's the only opening that was on the team at the time. He sounded salty about not making the team over players like Brendan Smith. I'm not sure where that leaves him on a fully healthy squad here even now other than the bottom 6 though, which goes against what he was apparently told.

Wasn't there a bit of a rift with regards to the message given to him when he was sent down and did not make the team? I thought I remember reading a translated interview with Kravtsov later where he said he was told they don't view him as a bottom 6 player and that's the only opening that was on the team at the time. He sounded salty about not making the team over players like Brendan Smith. I'm not sure where that leaves him on a fully healthy squad here even now other than the bottom 6 though, which goes against what he was apparently told.

He was an immature teenager. Got scratched/benched multiple times in Hartford. Went back to Russia for a minute got sent down by his KHL club. Then back came back in December and was reportedly a different player. Only reason he went back to Russia this year was COVID and the cap bonus situation.

You're right. For some reason I took the article in a "hes coming to help" sort of way. Not enough coffee for me this morning my apologies.

Where do you slot him though?

Kredier- Zib- Buch

Panarin-strome-Kakko

Laf-Chytil- Kravtsov?

Gauthier-Howden-Blackwell

(rooney, lemieux as the spares)

I mean a bit soft but talent is there I guess.

You're right. For some reason I took the article in a "hes coming to help" sort of way. Not enough coffee for me this morning my apologies.

Kredier- Zib- Buch

Panarin-strome-Kakko

Laf-Chytil- Kravtsov?

lines look good to me, accept i'd switch Howden with Rooney.

if those lines tick, we're set

Kredier- Zib- Buch

Panarin-strome-Kakko

Laf-Chytil- Kravtsov?

Thats it right there.

I’d add in sitting the D more regularly to see what Reunanen has to offer.

This season is over. Time to grow, not play PDG and Rooney

Thats it right there.

I’d add in sitting the D more regularly to see what Reunanen has to offer.

This season is over. Time to grow, not play PDG and Rooney

I play 27 y.o. Rooney over 22 y.o. Howden every day of the week. What exactly does Howden bring to the table? Howden, at his best, is Kevin Rooney. Rooney at his worst is still better than normal Howden.