• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackwell comes out. If you're not willing to take him out, don't bring Kravstov over.

Yeah, blackwell's been great but guess what? He's not a part of this team's future. The Rangers are a .500 team. They can't score goals. They're not making the playoffs. If the Rangers want to give their former #9OA pick a real chance he needs to play more than 4th line minutes and that means moving the trash heap players out of the way.

Agreed. That's been the frustrating part for me with DQ. We aren't winning, and the right players havent soaked up what should be additional ice time so they can play.

So play him 6 mins on the 4th line? That's not better than 20+ mins in AHL.

I think it's best to get used to Quinn, his system and expectations. That's going to help more than playing time. He left the bubble and went to his KHL season. He's been playing this entire time.

I agree in principal, but you gotta give him a taste here, or you risk poisoning the well, again. Or, just don't bring him over.

Agree with not bringing him over. I don't see how time with Howden and Brodsinski helps him LOL.

Agree with not bringing him over. I don't see how time with Howden and Brodsinski helps him LOL.

He'd be playing those minutes his first games in the NHL any way. Let's get it out of the way now so he can get bigger minutes next season.

Blackwell comes out. If you're not willing to take him out, don't bring Kravstov over.

Yeah, blackwell's been great but guess what? He's not a part of this team's future. The Rangers are a .500 team. They can't score goals. They're not making the playoffs. If the Rangers want to give their former #9OA pick a real chance he needs to play more than 4th line minutes and that means moving the trash heap players out of the way.

I don't agree with this at all. No one should be gifted ice time based on draft position.

What purpose does playing 6 minutes a night serve? On a losing team? That can't score? I don't see any reason to even bring him here if that's the case.

Well that I agree with. That's why I was saying to go to the AHL (or not come over this year). Come to camp next year and earn a spot. Maybe beat out Kakko for that #2RW spot. Maybe trade Buch and let the RW chips fall where they may.

I agree, but that’s not really how this team is operating.

I don't agree with this at all. No one should be gifted ice time based on draft position.

I don’t know about “gifted”, but as a rebuilding team with a lot of young talent that needs to develop it probably shouldn’t be that black and white.

For example, you might say Blackwell deserves his place on pp1 (he does), but there’s an argument that it would be in the Rangers long term interest to use this opportunity to groom Lafreniere there. It would be a different story if the Rangers were contending, but they’re blatantly not.

I don't see why they can't bring him over put him in the lineup and see what happens. By the time he gets here the line combos will have changed 100 times again. He will be played on the fourth line and also on the first. I would expect results would then determine what minutes he earns.

The guy who should come out of the lineup is Howden. In fact they should send Howden to Russia to get Kravtsov and "forget" to bring him back.

I don’t know about “gifted”, but as a rebuilding team with a lot of young talent that needs to develop it probably shouldn’t be that black and white.

For example, you might say Blackwell deserves his place on pp1 (he does), but there’s an argument that it would be in the Rangers long term interest to use this opportunity to groom Lafreniere there. It would be a different story if the Rangers were contending, but they’re blatantly not.

I don't think you want Blackwell and Lafreniere playing similar roles on the PP. Laf isn't the rebound guy - he's more the distributor and the triggerman.

The point writ large stands - yeah, ideally, you want your kids getting that precious time, but it's also got to be time that's really useful. I loved watching Laf out on the ice at the end of that Buffalo game - THAT'S the sort of thing I'd be looking for here.

I don't think you want Blackwell and Lafreniere playing similar roles on the PP. Laf isn't the rebound guy - he's more the distributor and the triggerman.

The point writ large stands - yeah, ideally, you want your kids getting that precious time, but it's also got to be time that's really useful. I loved watching Laf out on the ice at the end of that Buffalo game - THAT'S the sort of thing I'd be looking for here.

Sure, but if you really wanted to get Laf some pp1 time with Panarin out you could do something like last years unit with Laf replacing Bread.

Agreed on the last point. That was really good to see.

I could argue it's in the Rangers best interest to show Lafrienere the effort and engagement required to get on PP1.

I could argue it's in the Rangers best interest to show Lafrienere the effort and engagement required to get on PP1.

You could. You could also argue that, with 5 points in 4 games, he's probably done enough to take preference over a journeyman who works real hard and is a great kid.

It's not a big deal though. It was just an example, and I'm quite happy with where Lafreniere is right now.

You could. You could also argue that, with 5 points in 4 games, he's probably done enough to take preference over a journeyman who works real hard and is a great kid.
You could argue that Laf learned by seeing Blackwell's effort what's required in the NHL, and how he moved up the lineup because of it ... Because let's be honest, Laf sucked for 15 games.

It's not a big deal though. It was just an example, and I'm quite happy with where Lafreniere is right now.

Same here.

You could argue that Laf learned by seeing Blackwell's effort what's required in the NHL, and how he moved up the lineup because of it ... Because let's be honest, Laf sucked for 15 games.

Same here.

I doubt he learned anything from Blackwell

The thing I like about him this season is that he scores a lot of different ways.

Didnt really see him going to the net and score rebounds a lot before, but he’s been good at that this season.

Like the way he play on the PP aswell, very dynamic and can move around in different positions, that will be useful when he gets over to New York.

Fox, Miller, Lundkvist, Panarin, Zibanejad, Kreider, Lafreniere, Kakko, Buchnevich, Kravtsov, (Strome, Chytil). Good luck finding the best PP setup with all that talent. Gonna have to rotate 3 different PP setups lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He's a playoff performer

He really is.

Got an assist on the tying goal late in the 3rd. Tip in front that got saved, but scored on the rebound. They lost now in OT.

2 goals and an assist in the first two games this season. 14 points in 26 playoff games as a teenager before this season.

If he can translate that to the NHL he will be a really valuable player.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk