• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Likely to Recall Vitali Kravtsov in Near Future

Phil

I don't "hate" him, I just don't think he's a particularly good hockey player. He's a pest? Meh. He's pretty ineffective as a physical presence. He runs his mouth a lot and gets into scrums here and there but he isn't dominating physically, isn't particularly punishing to play against and appears to have very little in terms of hockey IQ. He zooms around a lot but what does he actually achieve?

I think Rooney, PDG etc are much better players than him.

Took the words out of my mouth. Ineffective in the role he has. Doesn’t contribute in any other way. I’m convinced If his last name wasn’t Lemieux he would be in the AHL

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hoping we finally see Kravtsov tomorrow night. Thinking with Chytil and Laf since the other lines seem to be set for the time being. Gauthier sits.

I doubt it. Quinn made a comment yesterday about "I only said hi to him" followed by the usual "he's only had 1 practice".

The team didnt practice today, either.

What are they waiting for with this kid???

Is it a contract thing??? Like, he can't play too many games or he'd have to be protected???

If that's not the case, management actually thinks DiGuisseppe or Gauthier gives us a better chance to win than Kravtsov???

I was hoping to see this kid on Saturday!!! ...then Sunday????

I'm going Morph's way and not holding my breath!!!

I just have no hope with Quinn and young talented forwards. Fool me once, shame on me. Fool me twice, shame on you. But what about fool me 3, 4, 5, 6 times?

1st round picks 23 years old and under under Quinn: Howden, Andersson, Chytil (still a career best 23 pts, guys), Kakko, Lafeniere, Gauthier, Kravtsov, Lemieux

They went on a road trip and haven't had more than one practice. They want to introduce him to the system and integrate him properly via practice. It's not like KHL hockey is that dissimilar but ?\_(ツ)_/? .

System - defined as, sleep through the first 40 minutes, then play hard for 20, and lose another one-goal game? :rofl:

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!! ;)

Imagine adding a top 6 forward on deadline day, and then sitting them for two weeks until they can learn "the system" while dressing 4 AHL vets.

but that ignores that Kravtsov was in camp last season, was in Hartford with Knoblauch twice (playing the same system), was in bubble camp last summer...

No, I get it!! This season really matters, so we have to make sure we stick to the script!!! Getting a young player NHL experience is way down the priority list from....

....What is it we're doing this season, again??? I forgot!! But I drink a lot, so this kinda logic doesn't compute with me!! ;)

• Like 1

It seems like the Rangers have been almost trash when it comes to drafting/developing young forwards. LOL I really hope it doesn't continue or else a huge part of this rebuild will be a disaster.

The drafting has been really good (besides Andersson).

Last 1 rnd picks: Laf (no brainer), Kakko (no brainer), Schneider (looks like a good pick, still early), Lundkvist (looks amazing, love the pick), Miller (another amazing pick), Chytil (basically a steal at that point, not setting the league on fire, but nice value from a late 20's pick), Kravtsov (Love him as a prospect, dont like the idea of him with Quinn. His playing style gonna have him benched and on the 4th line a lot with this guy. Also a few good players taken after him that both at the draft and now seems like more "safe" picks, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Farabee, Smith. Even Miller and Lundkvist would go ahead of him in a re-draft atm). A lot of good picks in the later rounds aswell.

The drafting has been really good, the development of the young D's has been good so far (or is it just Fox being Fox and Miller having a decent season?). The development of the young forwards has been brutal, and DQ has to take most of the blame here. There's just no way so many high level talents just turns into dog shit in the same organisation in a few years without it being something really wrong in how the org handles them.

Its been pointed out a lot in regards to the captaincy that we dont see whats going on "behind the doors", but there's obviously something really wrong going on there in regards to developing young forward talent and it needs to be adressed RIGHT NOW if this team wants to go somewhere. The next 1-3 years will decide the future for this franchise. If Kakko, Lafreniere, Chytil, (Kravtsov) continue like this we're basically fucked.

The drafting has been really good (besides Andersson).

Last 1 rnd picks: Laf (no brainer), Kakko (no brainer), Schneider (looks like a good pick, still early), Lundkvist (looks amazing, love the pick), Miller (another amazing pick), Chytil (basically a steal at that point, not setting the league on fire, but nice value from a late 20's pick), Kravtsov (Love him as a prospect, dont like the idea of him with Quinn. His playing style gonna have him benched and on the 4th line a lot with this guy. Also a few good players taken after him that both at the draft and now seems like more "safe" picks, Wahlstrom, Dobson, Farabee, Smith. Even Miller and Lundkvist would go ahead of him in a re-draft atm). A lot of good picks in the later rounds aswell.

The drafting has been really good, the development of the young D's has been good so far (or is it just Fox being Fox and Miller having a decent season?). The development of the young forwards has been brutal, and DQ has to take most of the blame here. There's just no way so many high level talents just turns into dog shit in the same organisation in a few years without it being something really wrong in how the org handles them.

Its been pointed out a lot in regards to the captaincy that we dont see whats going on "behind the doors", but there's obviously something really wrong going on there in regards to developing young forward talent and it needs to be adressed RIGHT NOW if this team wants to go somewhere. The next 1-3 years will decide the future for this franchise. If Kakko, Lafreniere, Chytil, (Kravtsov) continue like this we're basically fucked.

But its only been two picks ,and they are both very young ,I wouldn't include kravtsov ,he hasn't played a game yet and Chytil has progressed well