• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#19) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Looks Like Bear's Back on the Menu

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NYR had a lot of good time in the offensive zone and instead of shooting and going to the net, decided to go back to that shitbag perfect pass nonsensending in nothing. That's how you get down 3-0. Bruins have 2 nothing special goals off point shots ricocheting like ping pong balls. It's not that hard, unless you're stupid. Why this team forgets such basic stuff is really inexplicable.

Am I the only Hajek fan? Let him skate and create with the puck. Why they want to make him strictly a stay at home guy, is Quinn, Quinning as usual.

I’m not seeing it with him yet, but you rarely see any very young guys do anything under Quinn so it’s hard to tell if it’s the player or how he’s being asked to play.

Am I the only Hajek fan? Let him skate and create with the puck. Why they want to make him strictly a stay at home guy, is Quinn, Quinning as usual.

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan but I do think he’s capable of more. I don’t think they’re trying to force him into a stay-at-home role so much as they they’re trying to get him to be defensively competent first. He hadn’t been. He’s showing more confidence and showing more slick edge work of late. He’s just not as quick to the game as some of the more defensively inclined types the Rangers already have. To blame his slow start on Quinn is extreme. Quinn has enough faults. Where has he stopped literally any of the other defensemen from thriving offensively if they’re adequate elsewhere? There are limited spots on the PP and Hajek is still easing in as a third pair. It’s not like there’s anyone who should be playing above. Seems like a non-issue to me. Let a kid who’s clearly still developing continue to develop into his role.

Rangers just can't sustain any sort of offensive zone pressure or puck possession today. Complete defensive clinic by the Bruins, it's men against boys out there.

LoL, I m pretty sure I saw a Bruin player come into the zone 1 on 4, flub the puck and still maintain the zone for his team. This team is lifeless today. Again.