• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#19) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Looks Like Bear's Back on the Menu

Morphinity 2.0

LoL, I m pretty sure I saw a Bruin player come into the zone 1 on 4, flub the puck and still maintain the zone for his team. This team is lifeless today. Again.

That's the game in a nutshell right there. No fight or jump in the team at all today. They chip the puck into the zone and the Bruins just shrug them off the puck with ease and it's back up the ice.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn’t say I’m a fan but I do think he’s capable of more. I don’t think they’re trying to force him into a stay-at-home role so much as they they’re trying to get him to be defensively competent first. He hadn’t been. He’s showing more confidence and showing more slick edge work of late. He’s just not as quick to the game as some of the more defensively inclined types the Rangers already have. To blame his slow start on Quinn is extreme. Quinn has enough faults. Where has he stopped literally any of the other defensemen from thriving offensively if they’re adequate elsewhere? There are limited spots on the PP and Hajek is still easing in as a third pair. It’s not like there’s anyone who should be playing above. Seems like a non-issue to me. Let a kid who’s clearly still developing continue to develop into his role.

Well Quinn said something a week or so ago in the likes of "we wish Libor saw himself in the way we see him as a player". Which to me translates into "we want to change his playing style and he doesn't seem to agree with it". Hajek liked to shoot and carry the puck more than he was a defensive type. That was his game. Not that he was terrible in his own end, but he definitely had shown offensive instincts. In typical Quinn fashion, it seems he is concentrating on the players short comings, rather than using a player based on what they actually do good.

The PP is dog shit. Maybe instead of using Zib on the point in yet another variation of the same guys, maybe try this guy. Maybe try Gauthier up front?

There's a player not here anymore, who could be a prime example of Quinn holding a player back offensively. Only concerning himself with how bad that player was in his own end. Only finally when there was no other option did Quinn use him, and simply couldn't stop using him due to the results. Fast forward a few months and the coach couldn't wait to get that player out of the lineup and off the team.

Hajek showed good progress to start LAST season season. Enough to play along side Trouba on the top pair. (Again likely due to no other option). Got injured. Hasn't gotten a real chance since...

I don't give Quinn much credit for developing anyone. Because he is reluctant to use youngsters unless he is forced to, due to no options. Jack Johnson being here is likely for Quinn's comfort of needing to use alsoran types over giving time to kids. The guy had and still has zero reason for being on this roster over a BUNCH of younger options. None of which are surprise players.

Quinn holds every young player back offensively. It's not just a defenseman thing. Laf, Kakko, Gauthier and anyone else. He'd rather give big minutes to AHL lifers or vets who don't belong in the league anymore over offensively gifted players at ANY position.. Pretty plain as day if you ask me.

Well Quinn said something a week or so ago in the likes of "we wish Libor saw himself in the way we see him as a player". Which to me translates into "we want to change his playing style and he doesn't seem to agree with it". Hajek liked to shoot and carry the puck more than he was a defensive type. That was his game. Not that he was terrible in his own end, but he definitely had shown offensive instincts. In typical Quinn fashion, it seems he is concentrating on the players short comings, rather than using a player based on what they actually do good.

The PP is dog shit. Maybe instead of using Zib on the point in yet another variation of the same guys, maybe try this guy. Maybe try Gauthier up front?

There's a player not here anymore, who could be a prime example of Quinn holding a player back offensively. Only concerning himself with how bad that player was in his own end. Only finally when there was no other option did Quinn use him, and simply couldn't stop using him due to the results. Fast forward a few months and the coach couldn't wait to get that player out of the lineup and off the team.

Hajek showed good progress to start LAST season season. Enough to play along side Trouba on the top pair. (Again likely due to no other option). Got injured. Hasn't gotten a real chance since...

I don't give Quinn much credit for developing anyone. Because he is reluctant to use youngsters unless he is forced to, due to no options. Jack Johnson being here is likely for Quinn's comfort of needing to use alsoran types over giving time to kids. The guy had and still has zero reason for being on this roster over a BUNCH of younger options. None of which are surprise players.

Quinn holds every young player back offensively. It's not just a defenseman thing. Laf, Kakko, Gauthier and anyone else. He'd rather give big minutes to AHL lifers or vets who don't belong in the league anymore over offensively gifted players at ANY position.. Pretty plain as day if you ask me.

DeAngelo had a career year under Quinn offensively. Full stop. I'm also not turning this into an argument about him. You can't tell me a player who was top 5 in D scoring last season was held back offensively. That wasn't the issue.

I remember that comment by Quinn re: Hajek because you posted it and I addressed it then. You can go find that post, I'm not trying to recreate it.

None of the Rangers defensemen have been held back offensively. Fox had 40 points as a rookie defenseman last season. He's still thriving. Miller gets time on the second powerplay unit and has had a few moments where he's carried the puck the full length to start a play. Lindgren has been engaging offensively and shooting more. I don't see an issue.

I don't like Quinn but this isn't an issue.