• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#17) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Exorcising Mika Zibanejad

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard assignment given how depleted this roster is; about what you might expect. Gonna need Igor to steal some games for this team to have any shot at sniffing a playoff berth.

I thought this was going to happen as well. Losing two teammates like Panarin and Miller can have an effect on the locker room, but that led to Kreider and Zibby stepping up.

As for Igor, he's good with the stick, which can be used for deep passes across the ice. He might not be the one that can steal you a game, considering he can give up some bad goals (similar to Hank), but we'll see what happens.

It also wasn't Igor's fault that we're taking terrible penalties, thus hampering our offensive upside, and are prone to giving up to give up prime scoring chances.

With the depleted roster, this would have been a fine time for Howden, Gauthier and Lemieux to step up. That sure didn't happen.

Yeah, if I'm a goalie, I'm expecting Zib to make that move onto his backhand.

Laf just doesn't know what to do when the play comes his way. It seems like being in an environment where he's not dominant talent-wise over the opposition for the first time has turned his world upside down. I hope he's not reading the French speaking press.

A lot of the guys put on a spirited effort tonight.

Valiant effort, shot ourselves in the foot with all those penalties and a classic too many men on the ice penalty to end the game. We can't be our own worst enemy on Friday against Boston, considering who the Bruins have on the first line.

Personally, players were trying to overcompensate considering we were missing some pieces (Panarin, Miller), leading to some of those boneheaded penalties.

Lots of bad penalties last night for sure...and it's not like they were "good" penalties. Like when you yank a guy down who's got an open net, or a "stick up for your teammate" penalty. They were too many men, and delay of the game shit....and those are not the right types of penalties to take. I like penalties that "leave a mark"!

Lots of gutty efforts, and I gotta say even though I've been riding Kreider pretty hard lately, the guy brought it last night, and has been fairly noticeable the last several games. Lets just hope he can turn the corner and maintain it for a little while longer...I'm gonna be positive with him here, Keirik!!! Gosh darn it!!! LOL

Yeah Hayes' goal was a softy, but Shesty played his ass off I thought...He's kind of a rookie too, and that's gonna happen to goalies. The effort and talent are there with Shesty and I think he's going to be just fine moving forward.

I was pissed Miller wasn't playing last night and I gotta admit I wasn't feeling too hot about that defense lineup, but fuck it...they gave it a game effort.