• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#17) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Exorcising Mika Zibanejad

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Rangers aren’t remotely in the same position as Montreal. The Canadiens had expectations going into the season, if they were largely unwarranted. Their management put together a more competitive roster and wanted results. Compare that to the Rangers who came into this season with no expectation beyond growth. JD went on record stating that he doesn’t see playoffs as an expectation.

In fairness we were a better team last year than Montreal was and we got the 1st overall pick as well. I think the expectation thing is just because specifically we didn’t publicly ask more of this roster. I think that was a huge mistake

Way to go Kreids! Earn that vacay until Easter!

BTW, is it really so hard to understand why Blackwell gets more ice than Laf?

Would anyone want Laf to get more ice if he wasn't a 1OA? He's been trash and outperformed by 4th liners. Completely invisible.

Prove me wrong.

Would anyone want Laf to get more ice if he wasn't a 1OA? He's been trash and outperformed by 4th liners. Completely invisible.

Prove me wrong.

You’re absolutely right. ALF has more natural skill but hasn’t learned yet how to effectively be an NHL player yet. Blackwell is playing for his career out there and it shows. Earned every minute of his time.

Prove me wrong.

it's not for me.

Laf's invisible as you said. He'll be fine in time.