• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#17) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Exorcising Mika Zibanejad

Drew a Penalty

I get this, but he's not being punished for making a mistake.

He's literally not doing anything in the ice. Total non factor. Invisible.

Do the little things Blackwell does and get his PP time. MAKE the coach play you.

He's not doing that. He's coasting.

So is/was Mika...

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laff is never running a PP, he’s a shooter. I certainly see your point and can’t argue some some if, I just think a PP is a chance to have him let loose a little, not have to worry about D zone coverage and assignments etc. He can just let rip. He hasn’t earned it and you are correct in saying that, 100%, I just think it’s gonna take an awful long time for him to do that with limited minutes not utilizing his skill set. But the powerplay is 1 for 2 and that’s why I’m not a coach lol. Maybe tonight he can make something happen with 1st line minutes.

Lafreniere has always been a playmaker first. He's supposed to be a top talent. He should be capable of running his own unit. You can blame the "scrubs" around him for his shortcomings but they're the ones actually getting the puck and doing something with it while he's often off with his stick above his waist drifting.

Lafreniere has always been a playmaker first. He's supposed to be a top talent. He should be capable of running his own unit. You can blame the "scrubs" around him for his shortcomings but they're the ones actually getting the puck and doing something with it while he's often off with his stick above his waist drifting.

Like I say I don’t disagree with a lot of this but I don’t see a kid running a PP unit this early, and the ‘scrubs’ have definitely earned it but we are a sub .500 team so there is a limit to how far they are taking you. As a coach you have to try and get the best out of Laff and part of that is putting him in spots to succeed, PP being one of them. Has he earned it, no, but you use the same logic as Mika, you keep putting him out there to get him going (granted he has earned that over the past few years).

I guess I just tune in to see more opportunity for the potential Rolls Royce we have and I’m not seeing much opportunity (or productivity to your point), so perhaps I’m just reaching.