• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#17) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Exorcising Mika Zibanejad

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wonder if the 1st overall pick scores there but why would we put him on the top PP, who does that, puts the future of the franchise on the top pp unit when your seasons over anyways.

This is just BRUTAL coaching.

The season is basically over, we're missing Panarin, Kakko and Chytil and STILL NO LAFRENIERE ON THE PP1? That has to be a joke. A freakin' career journeyman plays instead of the future of this franchise.

Seriously, there's no excuse for that.

wonder if the 1st overall pick scores there but why would we put him on the top PP, who does that, puts the future of the franchise on the top pp unit when your seasons over anyways.
This is just BRUTAL coaching.

The season is basically over, we're missing Panarin, Kakko and Chytil and STILL NO LAFRENIERE ON THE PP1? That has to be a joke. A freakin' career journeyman plays instead of the future of this franchise.

Seriously, there's no excuse for that.

Can't possibly be that he's played like shit and the only thing he would have done to deserve PP1 time is be drafted first?

Nah... That can't be it.

Can't possibly be that he's played like shit and the only thing he would have done to deserve PP1 time is be drafted first?

Nah... That can't be it.

Honestly? I dont give a shit.

He still plays over Blackwell on the PP in a fucked season. He's a 1st overall, amazing talent. I dont care if he's played like shit in 15 games. Give him time and the right circumstances to succeed.

5v4 is not the same as 5v5 anyway. If you want someone to gain confidence, you give him PP time. Not 10 minutes a night playing with scrubs. Then he will keep playing like shit.

I get that Blackwell has been good considering he’s a scrub but that doesn’t make him actually good.

Lafreniere is the most skilled player in the lineup after fox and Mika. Put him on the god damn powerplay.

I'd rather he earn it than be gifted based in draft status.

He's actually sucked and doesn't deserve PP time.

Honestly? I dont give a shit.

He still plays over Blackwell on the PP in a fucked season. He's a 1st overall, amazing talent. I dont care if he's played like shit in 15 games. Give him time and the right circumstances to succeed.

5v4 is not the same as 5v5 anyway. If you want someone to gain confidence, you give him PP time. Not 10 minutes a night playing with scrubs. Then he will keep playing like shit.

Agree to disagree. He's gotten more than enough icetime and opportunity.

I'd rather he earn it than be gifted based in draft status.

He's actually sucked and doesn't deserve PP time.

Being devils advocate, as I can see both sides, it’s hard to improve without more ice time. So it’s kind of a catch 22 IMO. Is he going to drastically improve playing 3rd line minutes (prior today) with limited PP time?

My view is always stay in your lane. Blackwell is a third line player at best. He will have peaks and troughs, but that’s what he is. Lafreniere, albeit not in the NHL to date, projects as top line talent. You have to allow him to make mistakes and mature but he can only do that playing top quality minutes with other talent in the organization. There comes a point where they leash tightens but that’s years away at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Agree to disagree. He's gotten more than enough icetime and opportunity.

Agreed. Lafreniere hasn't shown that he can use the skills he's supposed to have yet. He'd slow down a powerplay that has struggled enough this season. He's already not taking over on the second powerplay unit where, aside from Buchnevich, he's the guy. It's not as though Laf has been without opportunities with skilled players this season, he just looks exactly the same wherever you put him. Dude needs to figure his shit out. He's demonstrated his skills for all of about a minute through this entire season. The rest hasn't been noticeable or just looks lazy.

Agreed. Lafreniere hasn't shown that he can use the skills he's supposed to have yet. He'd slow down a powerplay that has struggled enough this season. He's already not taking over on the second powerplay unit where, aside from Buchnevich, he's the guy. It's not as though Laf has been without opportunities with skilled players this season, he just looks exactly the same wherever you put him. Dude needs to figure his shit out.

Laff is never running a PP, he’s a shooter. I certainly see your point and can’t argue some some if, I just think a PP is a chance to have him let loose a little, not have to worry about D zone coverage and assignments etc. He can just let rip. He hasn’t earned it and you are correct in saying that, 100%, I just think it’s gonna take an awful long time for him to do that with limited minutes not utilizing his skill set. But the powerplay is 1 for 2 and that’s why I’m not a coach lol. Maybe tonight he can make something happen with 1st line minutes.

Being devils advocate, as I can see both sides, it’s hard to improve without more ice time. So it’s kind of a catch 22 IMO. Is he going to drastically improve playing 3rd line minutes (prior today) with limited PP time?

My view is always stay in your lane. Blackwell is a third line player at best. He will have peaks and troughs, but that’s what he is. Lafreniere, albeit not in the NHL to date, projects as top line talent. You have to allow him to make mistakes and mature but he can only do that playing top quality minutes with other talent in the organization. There comes a point where they leash tightens but that’s years away at this point.

I get this, but he's not being punished for making a mistake.

He's literally not doing anything in the ice. Total non factor. Invisible.

Do the little things Blackwell does and get his PP time. MAKE the coach play you.

He's not doing that. He's coasting.