• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Habs Fire Claude Julien, Kirk Muller; Name Dominique Ducharme Interim Head Coach

Keirik

Why? Did he hurt somebodies feelwings?

He's now instantly on tbe top of my list to replace Quinn.

Well they won 2 of their last 8 and 3 straight with a team that has high expectations.

I wouldn't replace Quinn with this guy right now. They have enough going on. They don't need a douchebag making it worse.

Maybe over the summer.

You want offensive hockey? Then Julien is not the guy for you.

Boston had many seasons as one of the highest scoring teams under Julien. If you're basing it off of Montreal results, they've hardly had any good offensive players during his tenure there. Who was the last legitimate first line talent they've had? Pacioretty maybe?

Julien is an excellent coach and a proven winner.

Boston had many seasons as one of the highest scoring teams under Julien. If you're basing it off of Montreal results, they've hardly had any good offensive players during his tenure there. Who was the last legitimate first line talent they've had? Pacioretty maybe?

07-08, 24th

08-09, 2nd

09-10, Last

10-11, 5th

11-12, 3rd

12-13, 13th

13-14, 3rd

14-15, 22nd

15-16, 5th

16-17, 13th, not a full season.

I didn't look up the rosters to see who was on these team, who may have been injured, etc but his team's offensive production have been sporadic at best.

Did they? I'd like to see the receipts on that.

Devils: boring. MTL: Boring. He won the cup with the Bruins but they were an absolutely stacked team that won game 7.... 1-0.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, because he's not. But if you want to see exciting hockey which most people here seem to want. This guy is not the answer. He's criticized for being stubborn, for playing the 4th line too much, for putting Corey Perry in the SO over some actually skilled players.

Sounds very very familiar.

Sounds like you're wanting change for change sake. Don't jump on the first guy who becomes available.

Exciting hockey is losing hockey. Exciting hockey is a euphemism for a shitshow.

I want structure, and I want a guy who has shown himself capable of doing more, with less.

I'd also prefer a guy from Blind River over a guy from Upper Fairfield Rhode Island Prepatory Academy, because the guy from Blind River is a hockey guy, and the other is someone who realized he couldn't play polo in the winter.

That may be a little unfair, or even inaccurate, but that's how I feel.

Did they? I'd like to see the receipts on that.

Devils: boring. MTL: Boring. He won the cup with the Bruins but they were an absolutely stacked team that won game 7.... 1-0.

I'm not saying he's a bad coach, because he's not. But if you want to see exciting hockey which most people here seem to want. This guy is not the answer. He's criticized for being stubborn, for playing the 4th line too much, for putting Corey Perry in the SO over some actually skilled players.

Sounds very very familiar.

Sounds like you're wanting change for change sake. Don't jump on the first guy who becomes available.

I'd like winning hockey and seeing a team that looks like they have a clue about what's going on. I think more people are in favor of that. The Rangers have a lot more talent to work with than the Canadiens, and I wouldn't be concerned about Julien coming in and making good things happen.

Picking an experienced coach with a Stanley Cup win under his belt is hardly change for change sake. It sounds like you're content with the status quo and overall lack of team progress around here.

"Lack of progress" is subjective. They're night and day different on the defensive side of the puck.

Fact is, if Zib was average, he brings Kreider with him, and we're looking at a different team. The only thing to complain about would be Lafrienere.

That's not to say don't replace Quinn, it's just to say don't expect anything from a new coach unless Zib makes a turnaround.

Exciting hockey is losing hockey. Exciting hockey is a euphemism for a shitshow.

I want structure, and I want a guy who has shown himself capable of doing more, with less.

I'd also prefer a guy from Blind River over a guy from Upper Fairfield Rhode Island Prepatory Academy, because the guy from Blind River is a hockey guy, and the other is someone who realized he couldn't play polo in the winter.

That may be a little unfair, or even inaccurate, but that's how I feel.

Julien hasn't proven that. He won the cup with a veteran Bruins team and stunk with a young MTL team.

I'm reading one thing here and reading another on the game threads and "fire quinn" and "hire boudreau" conversations. Do you want structure or do you want the young players to have free reign? Is exciting hockey losing hockey or are we losing because we're playing boring hockey that needs more excitement?

It's a tale of two conversations. I'm not saying it's just you, but Rangers fans in general.

We ARE playing "structured" hockey. The defensive structure of this team is incredible and the best it's been in years. It's not exciting though and it's frustrating to watch these talented picks be forced to play defense above all else. That's the sentiment I'm reading on pretty much every thread except this one where suddenly it's the opposite simply because Claude Julien is available.

• Like 1

You have me until "incredible". I think there's a good number of people here that don't think Quinn has any system at all at least that was a theme less than 10 games ago. So if system = structure there's a disconnect across the board.

I fall somewhere in the middle, I wouldn't mind a change being made however not sure Julien is the right choice and certainly not right at this time imo.

I don't give the talented picks a total pass for being completely invisible on the offensive side of the puck because they're being forced to play defense. I think that's way to simplistic to give them that pass. However certainly respect your opinion.

You have me until "incredible". I think there's a good number of people here that don't think Quinn has any system at all at least that was a theme less than 10 games ago. So if system = structure there's a disconnect across the board.

I fall somewhere in the middle, I wouldn't mind a change being made however not sure Julien is the right choice and certainly not right at this time imo.

I don't give the talented picks a total pass for being completely invisible on the offensive side of the puck because they're being forced to play defense. I think that's way to simplistic to give them that pass. However certainly respect your opinion.

And I'd argue that these people say the same thing about every coach when they don't like them. Just because they don't know what the system is doesn't mean it doesn't exist. It's clear as day that Quinn preaches and praises defense and that the Rangers have drastically improved in that area. That would not be the case if there was no system.

What expectations? Look at the roster lol.

Because of a playoff run last season for a playoffs they should have never been a part of. And yet they are 9-5-4 and in playoff position this season still. Nobody believes Bergevin's bullshit here do they? I don't know why they got rid of Julien, but he's an upper tier coach in the league.