• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Broken Sticks — The New Pandemic

Ozzy

Yea, Marner I believe has been using True for some time and they are inexpensive for the top of the line compared to Bauer (over $100 difference).

IMO kids still use the gear their favorite player wears. I was a huge Kovalev fan growing up and used Innovative (now Warrior) fiberglass shafts with Easton blades because that's what he used. Later on I still used Bauer shit because Patrick Kane did. At that point it was less about idolizing/immitation and more about fandom. With so many choices, I'm just gonna go with what's good enough for my favorite player. Even taped my stick like he did, because why not? Who cares? LOL.

I did that too!! I used to tape my sticks like Mario!! :rofl:

Speaking of Kane...Pete, did you see his Spin-a-rama goal the other night??? Holy shit!! The guys on NHL (Patrick Sharpe ironically) were calling it "Savard-esque"!!!

...must be something in the water in Chicago!!! :rofl:

I did that too!! I used to tape my sticks like Mario!! :rofl:

Speaking of Kane...Pete, did you see his Spin-a-rama goal the other night??? Holy shit!! The guys on NHL (Patrick Sharpe ironically) were calling it "Savard-esque"!!!

...must be something in the water in Chicago!!! :rofl:

Best American-born forward ever, possibly the best American-born player ever.

Best American-born forward ever, possibly the best American-born player ever.

Oh man, so agreed!!!! :thumbs:

I got the hockey package this year just to make sure I can get some Hawk time in....also have to see my favorite magician, Nate MacKinnon!!!

I'm railroading my own thread but fuck it!! Kane and Mac are worth every penny!! LOL

• Like 1

Yea, Marner I believe has been using True for some time and they are inexpensive for the top of the line compared to Bauer (over $100 difference).

IMO kids still use the gear their favorite player wears. I was a huge Kovalev fan growing up and used Innovative (now Warrior) fiberglass shafts with Easton blades because that's what he used. Later on I still used Bauer shit because Patrick Kane did. At that point it was less about idolizing/immitation and more about fandom. With so many choices, I'm just gonna go with what's good enough for my favorite player. Even taped my stick like he did, because why not? Who cares? LOL.

idk... no chance I would have worn a JOFA helmet growing up.

I bought the helmet that Messier had (Cooper ?) even though I liked the CCM better because it didn't have that bulbous protrusion in the back.

I had the Cooper with the visor at first. It was kinda heavy, so I actually did run the JOFA for a bit. I looked like a fucking spaceman, but those were the lightest helmets ever.....even when I added a shield!