Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken Sticks — The New Pandemic

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Broken Sticks sounds like a hockey podcast with 6 listeners
    It's actually a good name for some type of thing like that, right??

Just a note though...I checked out the Blackhawks/Blue Jackets game last night....I hope someone has a fireplace!!

I'm so busy watching Kane, Dubrincat and the rest, that I guess I really never noticed how many sticks break during a game...holy shit balls!!

By the way, Laine looks great with Columbus!!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    CCM still uses the Tacks name/product line. I just think kids don't care about brands now a days.
    I think people care about brands, but Bauer is now the go-to, where CCM hasn't been that in decades.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Back than I used any stick I could get my hands on,now I have the $$$ can't get on the ice,I think tiger woods might have the same problem I have ,shattered ankle ,foot
    Last edited by lefty9; 02-24-2021 at 11:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I think people care about brands, but Bauer is now the go-to, where CCM hasn't been that in decades.
    When specifically talking about sticks, I think this is the case. CCM skates are still solid and well thought of. TRUE hockey sticks have been the real rage lately for the youth hockey players my son's age (15). I don't know anything about them but that is the brand that seems to be talked about the most lately.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    When specifically talking about sticks, I think this is the case. CCM skates are still solid and well thought of. TRUE hockey sticks have been the real rage lately for the youth hockey players my son's age (15). I don't know anything about them but that is the brand that seems to be talked about the most lately.
    Yea, Marner I believe has been using True for some time and they are inexpensive for the top of the line compared to Bauer (over $100 difference).

IMO kids still use the gear their favorite player wears. I was a huge Kovalev fan growing up and used Innovative (now Warrior) fiberglass shafts with Easton blades because that's what he used. Later on I still used Bauer shit because Patrick Kane did. At that point it was less about idolizing/immitation and more about fandom. With so many choices, I'm just gonna go with what's good enough for my favorite player. Even taped my stick like he did, because why not? Who cares? LOL.

Yea, Marner I believe has been using True for some time and they are inexpensive for the top of the line compared to Bauer (over $100 difference).

IMO kids still use the gear their favorite player wears. I was a huge Kovalev fan growing up and used Innovative (now Warrior) fiberglass shafts with Easton blades because that's what he used. Later on I still used Bauer shit because Patrick Kane did. At that point it was less about idolizing/immitation and more about fandom. With so many choices, I'm just gonna go with what's good enough for my favorite player. Even taped my stick like he did, because why not? Who cares? LOL.
    I did that too!! I used to tape my sticks like Mario!!

Speaking of Kane...Pete, did you see his Spin-a-rama goal the other night??? Holy shit!! The guys on NHL (Patrick Sharpe ironically) were calling it "Savard-esque"!!!

...must be something in the water in Chicago!!!

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    I did that too!! I used to tape my sticks like Mario!!

Speaking of Kane...Pete, did you see his Spin-a-rama goal the other night??? Holy shit!! The guys on NHL (Patrick Sharpe ironically) were calling it "Savard-esque"!!!

...must be something in the water in Chicago!!!
    Best American-born forward ever, possibly the best American-born player ever.

Oh man, so agreed!!!!

I got the hockey package this year just to make sure I can get some Hawk time in....also have to see my favorite magician, Nate MacKinnon!!!

I'm railroading my own thread but fuck it!! Kane and Mac are worth every penny!! LOL

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Agreed. One guy I was always jealous the Rangers didnt have.

Guy is a beast.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran

idk... no chance I would have worn a JOFA helmet growing up.

Banned Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    my son's first was Jofa

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    ...or that Robbie Ftorek spaceman thing he wore!!!!

Those fuckers were ugly as hell, those JOFA's.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    I bought the helmet that Messier had (Cooper ?) even though I liked the CCM better because it didn't have that bulbous protrusion in the back.

Quote Originally Posted by CBrowningPI View Post
    I bought the helmet that Messier had (Cooper ?) even though I liked the CCM better because it didn't have that bulbous protrusion in the back.
    I had the Cooper with the visor at first. It was kinda heavy, so I actually did run the JOFA for a bit. I looked like a fucking spaceman, but those were the lightest helmets ever.....even when I added a shield!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    ...or that Robbie Ftorek spaceman thing he wore!!!!

Those fuckers were ugly as hell, those JOFA's.
    Was it the helmet or Robbie that was ugly ?
    "Meet me later in the gymnasium, next to the dumbbells... you'll know me, I got a hat on."
    Curly

Quote Originally Posted by paddynyc View Post
    Was it the helmet or Robbie that was ugly ?
    BOTH, Paddy!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12