Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Panarin Taking Leave of Absence Amid 2011 Abuse Allegations; Political Hit Job?

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Also buch

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    In response to what you quoted, so did Karpotsev. .

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I doubt that, no. It's probably more so said coach looking to curry favor with Putin by disparaging someone who should fall in line like Ovie.
    That’s what I was figuring. So why the time away from team? Has to have been so,egging else not being said like some sort of family threat

Quote Originally Posted by lefty9 View Post
    Doesn't he have to quarantine for him.to get back here
    Yeah he would. 14 days I believe. Quite possible he would have to quarantine there too but who knows with Russia.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    I'd imagine more like two months specifically due to quarantine and travel. That's more than a month alone right there.

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

HNIC BSBH Legend
    I doubt he's going there himself to do this...

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Am thinking the same thing, would be shocked if he's heading back there.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I doubt he's going there himself to do this...
    I would hope not

He still owns two places in Russia I believe and bought his grandparents and mom apartments next to each other in his home town I think

For anyone that wants to see his interview with subtitles itís here. An hour long.
    The Putin stuff starts mostly at 19 and change minutes. Goes on until around 35 or so minutes.

Some other stuff he talks about is that he drinks in the offseason, partied it up pretty good here and there during the offseason where his gf stays with her parents so he can nurse a hangover alone, regrets lying to some nhl teams in the past when he said he was taking English lessons but instead was playing PlayStation, and as kids in boarding school they used to steal wallets and phones to buy ice cream and chocolate lol.

He seems like a really down to earth guy. Even if you donít want to watch it, I recommend everyone go to the 52:20 mark and just watch the last 7 minutes on why and how he ended up here. Very cool and it sounds like he 100% only wanted to play specifically for the Rangers even though he was getting better offers. Even names the team that his gf wanted him to choose that was offering more money (itís not the Islanders). Very cool. I hope this all works out for him and I sincerely hope he isnít out a long time. We need him. .

Banned Junior Division
    Frolik was not Russian but Czech. Just saying

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/...ng-...-speaking-out/

I think the most important thing is this article is that Larry states that this didn't come from Putin. It was the ex-coach going rogue in an effort to suck the balls of Putin and the Russian hockey federation. If that's the case hopefully there's no real threat to Artemi or his family and this blows over way sooner than if Putin was directly or even indirectly involved.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division Winter's Avatar
    I'd imagine more like two months specifically due to quarantine and travel. That's more than a month alone right there.

never if he flies to Russia and they find a little "Cannabis" in his bag -- he and his agent and family would be complete fools to allow him to travel to Russia if a campaign to smear him is ongoing.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Frolik was not Russian but Czech. Just saying
    Lmao and he wasn't even a Ranger... I meant Frolov. My bad.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Boomer show says Panarin asked for two weeks

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Slava Malamud on with Boomer/Gio now.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/...ng-...-speaking-out/

I think the most important thing is this article is that Larry states that this didn't come from Putin. It was the ex-coach going rogue in an effort to suck the balls of Putin and the Russian hockey federation. If that's the case hopefully there's no real threat to Artemi or his family and this blows over way sooner than if Putin was directly or even indirectly involved.
    2022 Winter Olympics is scheduled for next January/February in Beijing, China. The NHL no doubt wants to access the China market, and has said players will be allowed to go, assuming they can work it in as an all star break. But is any of that plausibly going to happen? The Tokyo 2020 summer games were delayed until 2021 and then cancelled altogether. Some players and teams understandably are going to be very leery of going to China post COVID.

Nazarov may be trying to get in good with a Russian hockey federation for an Olympic tournament that may never happen at all. Sounds like this is very personal, a grudge.

At the time of the supposed incident, Panarin was a teenager and not viewed as much of a prospect. Highly unlikely he had $40K lying around to pay off cops in what is in fact a foreign country, Latvia.

THAT BOY GOOD BSBH Prospect
    https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/ranger...-speaking-out/

A well-positioned source with knowledge of the political dynamic in Russia told The Post that this spurious attack against the 29-year-old native of Korkino was not a direct retaliatory governmental measure against Panarin but rather Nazarov going rogue.

?\_(ツ)_/? BSBH Prospect
    Time for Jack Johnson to make himself useful and expose himself to COVID to get the games for the next 2 weeks postponed

Regards,

Patrick Bateman

Sent from my iPhone

For the second time, this thread has NOTHING TO DO with DeAngelo. Stop using it as a sounding board to complain about him or what happened to him. This thread is about Panarin, Putin, Navalny, etc. Let's at least try to keep it on the tracks.

If you wish to discuss DeAngelo in an honest way, open a thread on it. Don't hijack someone else's.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    For the second time, this thread has NOTHING TO DO with DeAngelo. Stop using it as a sounding board to complain about him or what happened to him. This thread is about Panarin, Putin, Navalny, etc. Let's at least try to keep it on the tracks.

If you wish to discuss DeAngelo in an honest way, open a thread on it. Don't hijack someone else's.
    my posts had nothing to do with deAngelo. Stop assuming.

My posts were much more relevant than people talking about Russian players sucking in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    my posts had nothing to do with deAngelo. Stop assuming.

My posts were much more relevant than people talking about Russian players sucking in NY.
    Your posts were taken to be about DeAngelo, as that's immediately what stemmed from them, ergo they were removed. Though you're right about the conversation about Russian players in New York not being relevant, it was a blip, and is already a dead branch in the evolution of the thread.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast