• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Panarin Taking Leave of Absence Amid 2011 Abuse Allegations; Political Hit Job?

Morphinity 2.0

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been afraid of something like this happening for months with his courageous and outspoken criticism of Putin. What is needed is unified outcry and support from other Russian NHL players, but I doubt it will happen. It would be great if at least one, namely Ovechkin, could step up.
  • Like 1

Well that's what I'm saying. If a girl walked up to him, slapped him and spit in his face, and he hit her back... What then?

This, what if it was a large bar fight and he was getting hit? What if this is semi-true, but it was a guy instead of a girl he hit and they are trying to make him look bad. Also, if this is true, why is it only coming out now and not earlier in his career when he was starting to blow up?

Agree. He's probably taking time away to get them out.

This as well, and I think this is the main reason. I hope the Rangers and anyone else can help him get them out of there.

I've been afraid of something like this happening for months with his courageous and outspoken criticism of Putin. What is needed is unified outcry and support from other Russian NHL players, but I doubt it will happen. It would be great if at least one, namely Ovechkin, could step up.

No no, that's not how it works. Unified outcry from guys who will be going back to Russia in 3-4 months is not going to happen. They're muzzled, man. So long as they are Russian citizens and not US citizens, they run a huge risk speaking out.

We don't really know that. For all we know he may have told the Rangers he wants to continue playing while working through this, but knowing all the attention and spotlight that would be on him, maybe it was Rangers management that said look this is pretty messy stuff, why don't you take some time off to deal with a few personal matters/concerns.

Silly questions; Riga in Latvia, which is a separate country, isn't it? They were part of the Soviet Union and are right there, but not legally part of Russia any more. Simple assault; is there no statute of limitations there? More confused than when I started reading this shit.

And if this turns out to be true about his past.....? Then what?

Im confident it won't come to that, and I think the Rangers making a strong statement outwardly saying its a fabrication is a good indication of that since I doubt they would make such a strong statement if they weren't sure. They'd do another run of the mill 'We are going to let the investigation play out' type of response that every sports team/public figure/whatever entity makes in these situtations

but if it did, then fuck Panarin

read something today where Ovi campaigned for Putin so thats probably not going to happen.

it's a serious situation. the Russians poison people at a drop of the hat. Putin's a complete horror show and wants to bring back the CCCP circa 1950.

read something today where Ovi campaigned for Putin so thats probably not going to happen.

it's a serious situation. the Russians poison people at a drop of the hat. Putin's a complete horror show and wants to bring back the CCCP circa 1950.

Didn't the Russian mob blackmail Ovy?