• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

NHL, ESPN Reach Seven-Year U.S. Broadcast Deal

Phil

Pretty much this. I can't stand that company. I went from playing sports games almost all the time, to not having touched one in over 15 years.

I took a long break from the NHL franchise but on a while bought NHL 21. I enjoy it. I think for people who buy every year (I'm that way with FIFA) there isn't a noticeable difference between each year but after several year (probably an 8 year break for me) the game is pretty good.

having some competition between the two brands would be great though

I took a long break from the NHL franchise but on a while bought NHL 21. I enjoy it. I think for people who buy every year (I'm that way with FIFA) there isn't a noticeable difference between each year but after several year (probably an 8 year break for me) the game is pretty good.

having some competition between the two brands would be great though

Yeah, some competition couldn't hurt. I did play them annually but then I just got bored and wasn't happy with the product, so I stopped. I might get back into it soon enough because I do miss playing hockey video games sometimes. I started with the old SEGA titles, played even some non NHL licensed games on the NES and SNES. I haven't played the main franchise since 2004, so I'm sure it's a lot better. lol

Pretty much this. I can't stand that company. I went from playing sports games almost all the time, to not having touched one in over 15 years.

I still play it mostly because my friends do but the game can be infuriating at times.

Would just love to see another take on a hockey game at this point

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I think I read somewhere that the NHL.TV will be rolled into ESPN+.

This. And as with NBC, some games will only be available on ESPN+. So which ever other media company (NBC, Fox, CBS) gets the other part of the package will also make you buy their streaming service. Looks like all the cord cutting will wind up with you paying more simply to watch the games you used to get in your cable package.

This. And as with NBC, some games will only be available on ESPN+. So whichever other media company (NBC, Fox, CBS) gets the other part of the package will also make you buy their streaming service. Looks like all the cord cutting will wind up with you paying more simply to watch the games you used to get in your cable package.

I actually like ESPN+ and with hockey it'll be a lot better (plus cancelling the NHLTV for the season will save money)

The only downside is just wanting MSG and YES networks. I wouldn't need cable if I could just get those. Even just getting something like FUBO or Sling would be a wash with having to pay for internet anyway