• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#16) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Let's Get Weird

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very. Whole team was solid and a lot of important things happened today. ALF score, ziby score, kreider score.....couldn’t script it better 3 guys that really need to get going

yep. Just need a Panarin on every line and and few mins shooting at an empty net to get guys going.

Solid effort though all kidding aside.

Painful listening to Sam and Joe talking about the grinders getting PP time because they deserve it, and miss the real reason...which was to not rub in the win by putting the best players out there in a 3 goal game with a minute left.

I seem to recall a coach doing that (putting his top scorers out on a PP) once in a blowout game and it resulted in a brawl.

Props to Q for giving our grinder guys PP time. He hasn’t had much opportunity to do that this year.

Yes, well done.

He'd have been within his rights to throw out the guys who've been struggling, too...Not like the PP has been on fire and Laf, Z, Kreids could use the confidence. But those bottom 6 guys deserved some time.

Sing "The Candy Man," and just substitute the word "Bread" for the the word "Candy" throughout.

Hmm, I might have been disappointed if you had told me that after 16 games, Zibby would have a goal and an assist against empty nets and a goal and an assist against goalies.

I can't believe the blanket that we threw over such a top offense in the third period. If you saw something in the Philly game that presaged this performance, you've got a far keener I than I do.

I seem to recall a coach doing that (putting his top scorers out on a PP) once in a blowout game and it resulted in a brawl.

Was Keenan. And it was against the Canucks. It resulted in Sergio Momesso swinging his his stick like a golf club at Kocurs feet, in which Kocur jumped out of the way. It escalated to the benches yelling and poking sticks above the glass that separates the benchs. Those two teams had more background that season, than people remember.