• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#15) Rangers @ Philadelphia Flyers // Smoking That Lemon Kevin Haze

Drew a Penalty

[emoji168] on a pig. Winning the skills comp doesn't change what we we subjected to for 65 mins which was a another steaming pile of shit. This team is scary bad especially the top six right now the huge majority of the season.

100%. It's same shit but somehow they squeaked out a win this time. In no way did they deserve this win but I guess you take it. What's it going to take to get this team going? None of the previous wins have and they were at least more decisive.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who?

Lol

nej

Thank you

No he didnt, few good chances in OT, Kakko and Bread scored in SO win.

I got to see the shootout. Weird to not get ALF some time but he didn't have a great game either. At this point though I'd like to get our future some real experience with room

It’s sad that Fox is going to retire early in his career. Plays 30 min per game.

:lol:

He’ll be fine. This won’t go on forever.

Ugly ass win but I’ll take it. Anything that lightens the mood in the room is good. Especially for a team going through all kinds of pain right now.

Now 3-7-5 in regulation. Nice performance by Bread while probably hurting. First line did not generate a scoring chance, let alone a goal, against a depleted team. We're obviously not going anywhere as long as that persists. This game was rock bottom for Zib (perhaps until next game).

Kreider and Strome lame stick fouls in the offensive zone. Just waving their sticks around. At some point, it's on the coaches if this does not stop.

Sometimes I think the Flyers could field a team of anemic midgets and they would still get grubby goals with half the team sitting on the goalie against us. I would have been surprised if the 6-5 sequence did not end in such a goal.

A win's a win I guess. Certainly at this point.

You can only beat what's in front of you etc etc, but that wasn't any better than previous games - and against very poor opposition as well.

It's the Flyers though, so I'm taking that all day long. Hopefully it can kickstart a little something.

The Rangers winning the skills competition to take the extra point still doesn't mask the prior 65 minutes that was basically more of the same. It was really nice to see Kakko hit twine in the shootout. He's been playing well and the points haven't come, so that was very rewarding. I certainly won't complain about beating the Flyers either way. I'm getting more and more concerned about Zibanejad. I mean, it has to be COVID, right? It's happened in other sports where it took quite some time for people to "get back" from it. It could be that coupled with a conditioning issue. He can't even handle passes or skate and stay on his own two feet right now.

Is it time to start getting concerned about Lafreniere? I'm actively hunting for him on the ice and still struggle to find him. I turn on NHL Network this morning and see Tim Stutzle doing this: [video=youtube;q68z-N4em4w]

Just once I'd like to see some signs of the high end skill. If we've seen it this year, I've already forgotten about it. Obviously, these issues pale in comparison to Zib right now, but I'm starting to get concerned.

Laffy is gonna be fine, Kev. Don't sweat it, man...I'm watching the kid learn from the ground up...it'll make him appreciate where he came from when he's a perennial 50 goal scorer! I'm just enjoying the ride watching him grow right now...no expectations, just watch the thrill of the chase.

To me it's entertaining to watch them learn...they'll get there!! You'll see.

I'd love to just tank this fake half season because there's no point to it anyway and we suck so might as well take advantage. It's much less painless than sucking for 82 games.

Exactly, this is never going to be considered a legit season so no pressure on winning/playoffs etc... just focus on getting the kids some experience against NHL level talent.

Is it time to start getting concerned about Lafreniere? I'm actively hunting for him on the ice and still struggle to find him. I turn on NHL Network this morning and see Tim Stutzle doing this: [video=youtube;q68z-N4em4w]

Just once I'd like to see some signs of the high end skill. If we've seen it this year, I've already forgotten about it. Obviously, these issues pale in comparison to Zib right now, but I'm starting to get concerned.

I am concerned.

Look at the videos in this article (you can ignore the text, it's irrelevant):

https://theathletic.com/1713841/2020/10/06/pronmans-scouting-report-why-alexis-lafreniere-is-a-top-nhl-prospect/

Obviously he's doing those things against a variety of lesser opponents, but we're not even seeing him try what made him special at the NHL level. He's a JAG - a dump and chase machine.

Maybe he's too afraid of making a mistake, maybe he can't think the game fast enough yet, maybe he's too afraid of getting his head taken off. There's absolutely nothing encouraging about his play right now. The sky is not falling - we saw Kakko have a horrendous rookie season and he looks much improved after 15 games. But at least Kakko was putting up some points - Lafreni?re has 0 regulation points!!!

He scored a goal ,and it looks like a bad one for the goalie,but it wasn't an high skill and play

The Nolan Ryan call was the highlight of the night.

Same!

He scored a goal ,and it looks like a bad one for the goalie,but it wasn't an high skill and play

Can we at least get one of those at this point as a sign of good faith from Laf? Not going to get greedy and ask for the 5G and 9pts.

Yes it's very early, no it's not the end of the world, no it doesn't make him a bust but he's invisible most nights along with many others.

Laffy is gonna be fine, Kev. Don't sweat it, man...I'm watching the kid learn from the ground up...it'll make him appreciate where he came from when he's a perennial 50 goal scorer! I'm just enjoying the ride watching him grow right now...no expectations, just watch the thrill of the chase.

To me it's entertaining to watch them learn...they'll get there!! You'll see.

Agree with LAF gonna' be fine. You get to see some things here and there pointing to skill and 'seeing the game well' but he does appear lost in a sea of players too often for us to be happy. It will not always be this way.

Anyone else need a Chiropractor after watching Kakko and Panarin's snap-sniper-shots in the shootout? Holy cow! Those were awesome snipes for the win.

Zib? I read some of the comments in this thread and agree he's off but last night's game seemed to have much better skating legs. He was getting places quickly, no? The timing on the one-timers is not good; neither for Panarin - man those were some ugly 'swing-and-a-miss' attempts from the circle.

Fox is unfreakingreal. The guy is so solid, so smart with his positioning. What do I wish for? A better slap-shot from the point, more often. But heck, if he gets it done wristing 'em in, who cares?

Build off the win on this long and winding road ahead. Patience my friends.