• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jacob Trouba Suffers Broken Thumb; Out 4-to-6 Weeks

Phil

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Physical presence? Oh you mean how he takes himself out of the play (often times missing the hit, at the worst times to throw the body? Yea def worth 8mil.

I liked Pionk when he was here too lol

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

To make it worse, hit wise Trouba and Pionk arent even hugely far off from each other. Last year Trouba had 173 hits and Pionk had 165. This year is 48 for Trouba and 38 for Pionk. Not claiming Pionk is a bruiser or anything but he’s not exactly a push over either.

Trouba went from being overpaid by 1.5M annually the second he signed the contract, to being overpaid by about 3-3.5M annually. The Rangers banked on progression at his age, and instead we saw no progression last year (he was just solid not great) and have only seen regression this year. I was expecting a step forward this season, but we got two steps backward. And he's wearing an A, which is a joke.

Trouba went from being overpaid by 1.5M annually the second he signed the contract, to being overpaid by about 3-3.5M annually. The Rangers banked on progression at his age, and instead we saw no progression last year (he was just solid not great) and have only seen regression this year. I was expecting a step forward this season, but we got two steps backward. And he's wearing an A, which is a joke.

All true, but losing their second-most important defender for a month and a half in a 56-game season is an absolute disaster. Especially when they're already in a losing spiral. This is rapidly looking like another lottery year.

Yeah, I don't care for Trouba, but to act like this is addition by subtraction is pretty crazy. We're already playing Anthony Bitetto, Brandon Smith, and Libor Hajek, now we're looking at those three plus Jack Johnson.

Yikes.

Can they not give Schneider a run of nine games, or is that not allowed?

Yeah, I don't care for Trouba, but to act like this is addition by subtraction is pretty crazy. We're already playing Anthony Bitetto, Brandon Smith, and Libor Hajek, now we're looking at those three plus Jack Johnson.

Yikes.

That's not really what's best for his development long-term.

Well. Shit. I didn't even see what happened.

I hope they call someone up instead of trotting out the has-beens.

I saw what happened....Trouba and Kreider got in a purse swinging incident in between the 2nd and 3rd periods. Trouba's bra slipped while he swung and missed Kreider, and strained his shoulder!! :rofl:

Really? To give the kid a short run, with no expectations? I don't see the harm at all. No different than Chytil, and he's more advanced than Chytil was.
With the team in its current state, I can't imagine that depressing locker room being a good place for him to be right now. Especially where according to some players, losing his tolerated and doesn't make other players angry enough.

The fact that Trouba was due for a big contract made it a very bad deal. As I mentioned in another post, if you were to waive him, no one would pick him up. We gave up a first rounder and Pionk for a guy no one would take for free. That said, he's a lot better than whoever we call up from the taxi squad, and now DQ has failure insurance.

Yikes.

I'd rather not, honestly. At this point, just embrace the suck. The season is all but lost. I don't want anyone coming in now trying to fix that who matters in the bigger picture.

Since the trade; Pionk - 86 games, 7 goals, 50 assists, $3 million annual salary. 12 points this season.

Trouba- 83 games, 7 goals, 22 assists, $8 million.

Pionk may never be the physical presence of Trouba but....jeez...that looks fuckin' terrible. Gorton has inherited Sather's unique ability to overvalue other team's defensemen and overpay them.

those are sickening

Since the trade; Pionk - 86 games, 7 goals, 50 assists, $3 million annual salary. 12 points this season.

Trouba- 83 games, 7 goals, 22 assists, $8 million.

Pionk may never be the physical presence of Trouba but....jeez...that looks fuckin' terrible. Gorton has inherited Sather's unique ability to overvalue other team's defensemen and overpay them.

Thanks a lot for this depressing news ugh. Pionk has been really thriving in WPG. And like Stralman, never quite figured out why they felt a need to dump him.

Thanks a lot for this depressing news ugh. Pionk has been really thriving in WPG. And like Stralman, never quite figured out why they felt a need to dump him.

They were trying to get bigger, tougher, harder to play against and were sold a case of sandpaper toilet paper for 6x thr price and its not even 2 ply.

There was even one or two here suggesting he should wear the "C" going into the season during one of those discussions. Think about that for a second. I believe he's here for the long wrong so I guess we better get use to it, unless his wife/gf decides she wants out :)

There was even one or two here suggesting he should wear the "C" goin into the season during one of those discussions. Think about that for a second. I believe he's here for the long wrong so I guess we better get use to it, unless his wife/gf decides she wants out :)

i think there was talk of giving him the "C" when he was just traded