• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jeff Skinner: Worst Contract in the NHL, Bar None

Phil

Skinner is weird, wouldn't surprise me if he became productive again, but that won't happen @ the five minutes of ice he gets.

It was always a Buffalo overpay, but there was a lifelong history of production there.

Right, but the problem is, he works in one direction with one gear. When that's not going (and it's not, right now), he offers you nothing else.

ADA's contract is currently the worst bar none.

Disagree. He's under contract for two years and can be bought out for pennies, relative to the flat cap. It's a wholly temporary problem. Skinner is a long-term anchor just dragging around the neck of the Sabres. Trouba's deal is the only thing all that comparable for the Rangers.

Skinner is weird, wouldn't surprise me if he became productive again, but that won't happen @ the five minutes of ice he gets.

It was always a Buffalo overpay, but there was a lifelong history of production there.

Maybe he'd be more productive playing with Eichel again, but I really don't think he'd get anywhere near worth the $9M price tag. This is a bad contract no matter how you slice it.

The rangers need to stop giving out these deals it’s start...... oh wait sorry thought it was the rangers since they’re usually the ones doing stupid things like this.

We have trouba so I don’t feel that bad for them

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

would be different if NHL stopped giving away guarnteed money contracts.

Right, but the problem is, he works in one direction with one gear. When that's not going (and it's not, right now), he offers you nothing else.

This is what they are saying about Cole Caufield. If he's not scoring, how exactly will he help.

Is there any chance this guy will get a fresh start somewhere else? We see guys sign massive deals and fold under the pressure all the time. He's not 3 goals in 43 games bad. I feel like he'd be an asset (at half the price) for another team.

Problem is, the Sabres are on the hook for half that for the next six years. I doubt they'd want to move him in the East if that's the case. They'd probably also want to look at the year-to-year cost of a buyout versus retention at that rate. With all those years, I almost think it might be less painful to simply buy him out.

Six years is a long time to pay someone to play against you. Might be a lot cleaner to just say fuck it, and buy your way out.

Problem is, the Sabres are on the hook for half that for the next six years. I doubt they'd want to move him in the East if that's the case. They'd probably also want to look at the year-to-year cost of a buyout versus retention at that rate. With all those years, I almost think it might be less painful to simply buy him out.

Six years is a long time to pay someone to play against you. Might be a lot cleaner to just say fuck it, and buy your way out.

I don't think this matters. They'd be lucky if anyone showed interest.

I'm not sure what a buyout looks like but I'd think it could be more beneficial to move him instead of having to pay him over the next 10+ years or whatever it is.

Would a team be interested at 7m instead of 9 with the right incentives? 6? 5? 4? I dunno. I feel kinda bad for the guy. He's not this bad.