• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#14) Rangers vs. New Jersey Devils // COVID-River Rivals

Phil

Locker room is falling apart. Looks more and more like they alienated it when they threw locker room favorite Tony DeAngelo on the garbage heap. There's no more heart, no more fight in them.

At least before when somebody was bad Tony was there to mock them for it.

Yeah, the problem was that he was also awful. So an awful mocks awful, awful gets slapped for it.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Locker room is falling apart. Looks more and more like they alienated it when they threw locker room favorite Tony DeAngelo on the garbage heap. There's no more heart, no more fight in them.

Yeah thats not really true. There were 3 fights in the game against Capitals, today Kreider dropped the gloves against a scrub.

There's fight, there's just no plan or system.

Its strange that the best players so far are players that's not known Quinn for more than a couple of months (Blackwell, Rooney, Miller).

Yeah thats not really true. There were 3 fights in the game against Capitals, today Kreider dropped the gloves against a scrub.

Its strange that the best players so far are players that's not known Quinn for more than a couple of months (Blackwell, Rooney, Miller).

Fighting hardly wins hockey games.

I just can't get over how awful Zibanejad is. He had a shift where he literally tripped over the puck twice, and got in the way of a pass a third time. It's just not seemingly the same person. It's baffling.

Night and day compared to last year

I don't necessarily expect body language to be great after a crappy loss, but Quinn just looks totally lost and defeated. There's also a good possibility he's lost at least half the locker room too.

Quinn looked terrible last night, but not sure how he lost the locker room. Post game on TV with Valley, he mentioned the compere level of the skilled players not being there.

I'm not really sure what's going on in with Zibanejad especially. Is it COVID? It has affected other athletes in other sports for awhile, depending on the person. That's the only thing I can think of because I highly doubt he has forgotten to play hockey overnight, which is what it looks like at times.

I used to say the same thing about new player's with AV. They come in charged up and playing a different style of hockey, only to be pushed down and out of the lineup until they "get it".

I'm not really sure what's going on in with Zibanejad especially. Is it COVID? It has affected other athletes in other sports for awhile, depending on the person. That's the only thing I can think of because I highly doubt he has forgotten to play hockey overnight, which is what it looks like at times.

Agreed, but also remember he figured out how to play hockey overnight.

didnt he get married over the summer? maybe he stopped getting laid

• Like 1

OK, now this is funny. LOL!

DeAngelo: can't win with him (cause he gives up a goal 75% of the time he's on the ice), can't win without him.

As far as Strome playing good last night. He was the leader in +/- with a -3 and went 2-10 on faceoffs for a whopping 17%. Playing 2 good shifts does not make for the playing well moniker. When Howden is your best center of the night, you will most likely lose that game.
That's what happens when you judge the game by the box score.