• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Censorship II

BrooksBurner

The owner of the board says you do, in that section. Because anyone can have an opinion and if it's not supported by data it's not worth discussing.

and i guess this is where we disagree. i dont need to quote someone else when discussing my personal opinion on a subject. This isnt Bill Maher show.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and i guess this is where we disagree. i dont need to quote someone else when discussing my personal opinion on a subject. This isnt Bill Maher show.

You don't need to quote someone else, but if your opinion is that water is dry you better be prepared to discuss what's influencing that opinion. "Because I just think it is" isn't an answer LOL.

You want to keep running with this narrative be my guest. It’s clear no ones going to convince you otherwise.

If you’re that unhappy, you’re free to leave at any time.

thanks bro, all i needed is your opinion on this. i know that im free to leave, but that's not the point. i, as im sure most of us, want for this place to be better.

if you are so unsatisfied about my viewpoints, you are free to leave at any time too.

thanks bro, all i needed is your opinion on this. i know that im free to leave, but that's not the point. i, as im sure most of us, want for this place to be better.

if you are so unsatisfied about my viewpoints, you are free to leave at any time too.

:lol:

Responses like this just tell me how out of touch with this conversation you are. To think your opinion or presence here would affect me that much is laughable. I?m just fine here, thanks.

• Like 1

I think sometimes people are just assholes in threads. Repeating the same points in multiple posts, misrepresenting someone else's opinion, taking part of a quote out of context, ridiculing someone else's opinion, etc. Regardless of whether there is an infraction or not, sometimes it seems to carry over to future conversations.

I don't think there's a solution to people being assholes, unless you just choose not to engage with certain people, or let someone else have the last word.

Maybe it's not so important to be 'right' or rack up points in an argument?

• Like 3

:lol:

Responses like this just tell me how out of touch with this conversation you are. To think your opinion or presence here would affect me that much is laughable. I’m just fine here, thanks.

no, responses like 'if you dont like it, you can leave' in a thread on how to improve this forum is what shows how out of touch with this conversation you are.

• Like 1

but its not as simple as water is dry.

Nothing is as simple as that, I don't know what you want to hear. Just because you think you can show up with opinions and no factual data that shaped your opinion doesn't mean you can. The owner of the board wants more, so it doesn't really matter if you don't think you should have to do more LOL.

no, responses like 'if you dont like it, you can leave' in a thread on how to improve this forum is what shows how out of touch with this conversation you are.

Before I get a well earned infraction, lets take a quick trip down memory lane, okay Mr. "wants this place to be better."

this thread is a waste of time. Our opinions and complaints dont mean shit. This forum is for Phil's pleasure, not about its users.

i really feel bad for Dunny..lol

Instead of adding to the conversation, you decided to respond like a child and attack the forum owner. I'm aware Phil's an adult and doesn't need me to come to his defense, but I felt compelled to say something. He, along with other mods have taken the time to have countless conversations on what they can do to improve this place. Despite what you make think, we are fully aware we don't do everything right and are a constant work in progress. However your comments seem to imply you don't (nor maybe ever) have seen it that way. Which honestly is unfortunate because despite all our efforts it seems like the needle has barely moved (according to you) I could keep going on but you really don't care about any of that do you, Mr. "our opinions don't mean shit." You just want to rant and throw pot shots because you know, that "makes things better."

But anyway, to spare us from going in circles any further I'll say it once more:

0CRmzhi.gif

With that being said, I'll take my infraction now.

Before I get a well earned infraction, lets take a quick trip down memory lane, okay Mr. "wants this place to be better."

Instead of adding to the conversation, you decided to respond like a child and attack the forum owner. I'm aware Phil's an adult and doesn't need me to come to his defense, but I felt compelled to say something. He, along with other mods have taken the time to have countless conversations on what they can do to improve this place. Despite what you make think, we are fully aware we don't do everything right and are a constant work in progress. However your comments seem to imply you don't (nor maybe ever) have seen it that way. Which honestly is unfortunate because despite all our efforts it seems like the needle has barely moved (according to you) I could keep going on but you really don't care about any of that do you, Mr. "our opinions don't mean shit." You just want to rant and throw pot shots because you know, that "makes things better."

But anyway, to spare us from going in circles any further I'll say it once more:

0CRmzhi.gif

With that being said, I'll take my infraction now.

huh? i've been participating in this thread since it was started. i had about a dozen posts before you singled me out, you had 1. so lets not point fingers about participation. stop attacking me and contribute to the thread, or go away.

I'd rather some honesty about who's at fault. I won't name names, but I think it's obvious the common denominator around here in who escalates 90% of the disagreements on this board to a level that requires the mods to step in. The efforts to protect that poster are far and wide, but others shouldn't carry the weight of it as a response.

Your board, your rules, as you've said, but when posters are banned from hockey discussions without a small note of explanation, it stifles poster participation across the board. I just thought I can't be the only one this has happened to, and it deserved a discussion for the betterment of the board and a more enjoyable experience. I like to come here and talk about the Rangers with most everyone here, so I figured I'd bring it up.

I won't make another comment here unless prompted to. If I'm the only one speaking about it, then this thread will die anyway.

Edit: Never mind its not even worth it

Not if it's to vent about infractions you've received in the manner that got you infracted in the first place. You're certainly welcome to if you insist, but you'll just receive another one. Fair and only warning.

We're also already discussing this in a PM. If you'd rather do it publicly, that's fine, but I won't waste my time fighting with you on two fronts. Pick a lane.