• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Wine Thread

Albatrosss

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you posting CCCP - feels like it's been a while.

I'm partial to Chateauneuf du Pape with a thick a slab of good aged beef. Our go-to daily drinker is Apothic Red and the other varieties they offer including Dark or Inferno. I've been a WSJ Wine Club subscriber for a few years and have only had one, maybe two white wines that I have not liked out of over a dozen mixed cases of reds and whites. We'll go Hendrick's Gin some days too. My personal favorite is scotch in an Old Fashioned - the way my dad taught me to drink before heading off to college. While everyone was downing beers, I was the lone Dewar's & Soda guy. To this day, that drink reminds me of a party.

I'm partial to Chateauneuf du Pape with a thick a slab of good aged beef. Our go-to daily drinker is Apothic Red and the other varieties they offer including Dark or Inferno. I've been a WSJ Wine Club subscriber for a few years and have only had one, maybe two white wines that I have not liked out of over a dozen mixed cases of reds and whites. We'll go Hendrick's Gin some days too. My personal favorite is scotch in an Old Fashioned - the way my dad taught me to drink before heading off to college. While everyone was downing beers, I was the lone Dewar's & Soda guy. To this day, that drink reminds me of a party.

Apothic is great.

Post your favorite wines.

mine: every day wine would probably be Prisoner. its around $50 and very tasteful. Caymus is probably my all time fav. Sometimes i just polish off a bottle on my own in the evening.

Love Caymus, but if I go for a cheaper option I go with Hall coming in just about half the price.

Love my California cabs

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Never like Apothetic. Had it couple of times and for me.

I was a whiskey drinker up until couple of years ago, now im all wine

We get all of ours from a Finger Lakes winery called Hunt Country Vineyards. I'm a big fan of their Hunter's Red.

I really dug Konstantine Frank when we went Finger lakes couple of times. It was about $50 at a restaurant there, $25 at the winery, and about $12-13 at s liquor store in NJ

I?m with Frank. Chateauneuf is the king IMO. I?m big on Bordeaux, but love Gigondas. An old friend in my pub back home moved near Bordeaux for several years and built his home, gave me a good basic education in French wines (and I mean basic). Used to go on the ferry to Calais from Dover and I?d give him ?50 euros and he?d bring back a selection he thought I?d like.

We actually have a Chateauneuf we bought at a wine festival in Paris circa 7 years ago (funny story how we got tickets, met an Alsace vineyard owner drunk at dinner one night and he gave us free tickets, we?re not that posh). Been saving it for a special occasion and our 10 year anniversary is imminent as is our permanent residency in Canada so should be enjoying that bad boy soon. Had to get a buddy to fly it out here for us when they visited.

Big on Spanish and Italian, and although never dived into Napa I feel I?m missing out. My partners boss had one last xmas that was excellent. Also, living near Niagara, I don?t mind the local wines just feel there isn?t much to them. Do like an Inniskillin Pinot Noir though tbf.

Get the fuck outta here. We get Matua all the time and I've never noticed that. Gotta pick one up tomorrow now.

Rhiannon is another good red blend. Kung Fu Girl Riesling is good.

We used to love the Black Box Red Elegance, but that don't have it anymore. Now its called Red Blend and its not as good.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I’m with Frank. Chateauneuf is the king IMO. I’m big on Bordeaux, but love Gigondas. An old friend in my pub back home moved near Bordeaux for several years and built his home, gave me a good basic education in French wines (and I mean basic). Used to go on the ferry to Calais from Dover and I’d give him ?50 euros and he’d bring back a selection he thought I’d like.

We actually have a Chateauneuf we bought at a wine festival in Paris circa 7 years ago (funny story how we got tickets, met an Alsace vineyard owner drunk at dinner one night and he gave us free tickets, we’re not that posh). Been saving it for a special occasion and our 10 year anniversary is imminent as is our permanent residency in Canada so should be enjoying that bad boy soon. Had to get a buddy to fly it out here for us when they visited.

Big on Spanish and Italian, and although never dived into Napa I feel I’m missing out. My partners boss had one last xmas that was excellent. Also, living near Niagara, I don’t mind the local wines just feel there isn’t much to them. Do like an Inniskillin Pinot Noir though tbf.

Living the dream, bro!!!

Im thinking a week in Bordeaux this summer with all the wine stops. Covid or not

We’ve experimenting with more expensive whites but my wife still prefers Kim Crawfords. Im indifferent to whites. I prefer reds

She’s had Santa margherita? It’s a Pinot. On the expensive side but pretty top notch.

My problem with reds is I’m not a warm wine guy. I bet it and have had it. Hell in China I used to have tons on imports there because they were cheaper than imports here but still.