• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#12) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Baxter vs the Bear

High and Wide

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and that was with Panarin sitting(Except PP) so basically benched Gauthier and rolled 3 lines.
Who cares? Do you think Gauthier is the key to victory?

Our RW TOI

Buch 21

Kakko 20

PDG 11

Goat 7

Sorry, I don't see an issue with that.

Sure if you just find a way to complain about something after going head-to-head with the best team in the league.

All I did was point out that Gauthier got rewarded with zero ice time for getting a dirty goal like he's apparently been asked to do. I didn't realize we weren't allowed to chime in with additional points of analysis just because you thought they looked good tonight.

and that was with Panarin sitting(Except PP) so basically benched Gauthier and rolled 3 lines.

I just don't understand how this happens. Some people don't mind how Quinn uses players. I absolutely do. Theres no rhyme or reason to this guys decisions. I can understand some "my gut tells me" type of decisions here and there. But benching the guy who opened up the scoring, and possibly set the tone... Why? Fucking guy did what you bitched him out for not doing to the media, and you bench him. Our #1 overall pick, generational talent, looks like a lost, mind fucked, nothing.

I absolutely think this team can improve THIS season with a different coach. He's run his course. Time for a fresh start with an established coach.

PS Lindy Ruffs lame ass Devils look a bit more together than this bunch..

All I did was point out that Gauthier got rewarded with zero ice time for getting a dirty goal like he's apparently been asked to do. I didn't realize we weren't allowed to chime in with additional points of analysis just because you thought they looked good tonight.

You’re not saying anything wrong. Quinn is just clueless and over his head.

I wasn't listening, and missed that part. Does that negate the high stick pass?

It wasn't a high stick pass because while the stick was probably above the crossbar, it was not above the shoulder. There are two different rules. You can't score directly if the stick makes contact above the crossbar. You can't pass the puck with a stick that makes contact above the shoulder. Lemieux appeared to make contact above the crossbar but not above the shoulder, so it could go to another teammate who could score. If Lemieux made contact above the shoulder and it went to a teammate without the opposition taking possession, it would not have counted, but that is not a reviewable issue. Here, the while the puck hit an opponent, he did not take possession.

Bottom line. If it had gone in directly off Lemieux, it would have been no goal, but it was legal for him to direct it to a teammate above the bar but not above the shoulder.

• Like 1

A lot of good stuff out of tonight's game!! Pete listed most of it for sure.

Fox reminds me more and more of Brian Leetch every game. Zibby's back. I can feel that scoring vibe is there now...especially in the 2nd and 3rd period. I saw Zibby on the bench calling the cops on his cell, after Tukka robbed his ass blind!!! :rofl:

I have no complaints about going toe to toe with arguably one of the best teams in the NHL, and taking them to OT. That's a solid point! (I think Buch should've taken that shot though on the 2 on 1 in OT)

One last thing:

"Attention!....may I have your attention please!!!! If anyone finds someone by the name of Jacob Trouba, please return him to 4 Penn Plaza, and let him know the season has fucking started! Thank you!" ;)

It wasn't a high stick pass because while the stick was probably above the crossbar, it was not above the shoulder. There are two different rules. You can't score directly if the stick makes contact above the crossbar. You can't pass the puck with a stick that makes contact above the shoulder. Lemieux appeared to make contact above the crossbar but not above the shoulder, so it could go to another teammate who could score. If Lemieux made contact above the shoulder and it went to a teammate without the opposition taking possession, it would not have counted, but that is not a reviewable issue. Here, the while the puck hit an opponent, he did not take possession.

Bottom line. If it had gone in directly off Lemieux, it would have been no goal, but it was legal for him to direct it to a teammate above the bar but not above the shoulder.

Nice clarification. Thanks

What else did he do after the goal?

Look at the rest of our right wings ice time, I'm based on the way they played tell me you see something wildly wrong with it?

I can't believe David Quinn would find something to complain about (his own decisions) after going head-to-head with the best team in the league.
Quinn gave the same generic answer that he gave about Kakko 2 weeks ago LOL.

How much more time do you think Quinn could have gotten them? The fourth line right wing got the fourth most ice time. The two best right wings played 20 minutes. Are we really arguing over 2 minutes that could have went from PDG to Goat?

They're going to be nights where your 4th line pops in a couple, that doesn't mean you play them 15 minutes, especially at home where you get favorable matchups, there are situations to consider like zone starts and special teams. Looking back at a score sheet and saying "hey, somebody scored a goal, they should have played more" is reductive.

It's simply manufacturing another reason to be pissed at Quinn...Because they just played their most structured and best defensive game of the year so there's nothing there to complain about.

Good game.

The change in the defensive structure and play after Martin came in is very noticeable. Taking the Bruins to OT when the entire group of attacking talent are totally snakebit is pretty impressive in all honesty.

Feel a bit for Lafreni?re to be honest. He hasn't been great at all, but he's had 3 nice setups in 2 games and guys just can't score. The kid can't buy a point.

You?re not saying anything wrong. Quinn is just clueless and over his head.
I don't care if they fire Quinn tomorrow, but Jesus pick your spots to complain LOL.

Making the fourth line right wing...getting the fourth most ice time...

after the team played arguably it's best game since before the bubble last year...

As a hill to die on is a tough look.

I didn't get a chance to see the whole game but damn, why does it seem like the other team's goalies are making big saves (like the one on Zibs) and our goalie's haven't. I think that is the biggest thing that we got spoiled with Hank with. He always seemed to bail them out with that great breakaway save. Not blaming Georgiev here but that SH goal could definitely have been stopped. Even the one on Bjork would have been solid.

Good game.

The change in the defensive structure and play after Martin came in is very noticeable. Taking the Bruins to OT when the entire group of attacking talent are totally snakebit is pretty impressive in all honesty.

Feel a bit for Lafreni?re to be honest. He hasn't been great at all, but he's had 3 nice setups in 2 games and guys just can't score. The kid can't buy a point.

I honestly like the way they defend as well, Gravy. They seem to be playing some type of "Neutral zone pressure system" that kinda locks out puck carriers, making them have to either dump it in hard around, or beat a man with speed. With Shesty's ability to play "3rd defenseman" out there, it makes it a ton easier for D men to handle/retrieve the puck, and our defense is getting it away from trouble quicker and simpler, staying away from danger and turnovers.

I watched it again closely last night and they pretty much shut the B's down in the NZ. Aside from some odd coverage issues in our own zone, we were pretty good. ...but that's going to happen as they learn. I'm feeling pretty pleased with last night's effort. :thumbs:

I don't care if they fire Quinn tomorrow, but Jesus pick your spots to complain LOL.

Making the fourth line right wing...getting the fourth most ice time...

after the team played arguably it's best game since before the bubble last year...

As a hill to die on is a tough look.

but

It's almost as if, when you play better, you play more... [emoji848]

• Like 1

but
Yes, so maybe he will start getting more ice time now that he scored a goal. I don't necessarily care that it didn't happen in this game, which was the best game the Rangers have played since before the bubble.

I'm certainly not going to complain that the fourth line right wing got the fourth most ice time.

Who should have gotten less ice time so that Goat got more?

But, you go ThiNK tHe gAme.

He's always been the creator. I don't think you can pin it entirely on his linemates. Lafreniere isn't really getting the puck on his stick enough and doesn't make clear enough of an effort to. I get that he might be deferring a bit but on the third line, he's the guy. He needs to be the one making things happen and not hoping the puck might end up on his stick. With Kakko now engaged, Lafreniere looks like Kakko of old to me.

I don't think that's necessarily fair. He's getting in on the forecheck, he's backchecking, he's trying to play a bit physically.

Is he making things happen on EVERY shift, no. But last night he created several chances, that, if they were finished by better players (or we didn't run into prime Rask) we'd say he had an amazing game. He could have definitely had a couple of apples last night

That's all true.

At the same time Quinn says during the post game "I'm pissed at myself for not playing (the 4th line) them more".

I'm not dying on any hill over hockey but he's the one who does seem to understand how things work. The reasons you list Pete make sense in a lot of ways. Then this guy says what he did indicating he feels he dropped the ball. If he doesn't realize in game who should be getting more ice, especially a line in this case it could be he's in over his head.

That's all true.

At the same time Quinn says during the post game "I'm pissed at myself for not playing (the 4th line) them more".

I'm not dying on any hill over hockey but he's the one who does seem to understand how things work. The reasons you list Pete make sense in a lot of ways. Then this guy says what he did indicating he feels he dropped the ball. If he doesn't realize in game who should be getting more ice, especially a line in this case it could be he's in over his head.

Rooney played 12 and Lemieux 10:30. He is realizing in-game who should be getting more ice. I didn't look at any specialty teams time, but this is simply a case of Buch and Kakko deserving 20:00, and there's only so much time to go around. If we want to criticize Quinn on icetime, it's playing PDG over LAF when Panarin went down, which probably accounts for PDG getting 4:00 more than Goat.

Part of me feels like Quinn just says that so he doesn't have to explain himself to the media. He falls on his sword and we move on (well, most of us do).