• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#12) Rangers vs. Boston Bruins // Baxter vs the Bear

High and Wide

Lol I mean in fairness, I think at this point we all know each other and the history of our opinions

Hey man, did you catch that interview with Kreider?? Every time I hear him do an interview, I'm just waiting to hear, "Which way did he go,..... Which way did he go???". I hear Josh saying "All the tools and no toolbox!!"...so perfect!! ;)

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s all a conspiracy dude. It’s just blind hating. In fact, I rarely have my eyes open at all when I watch. I sense the game using various Jedi mind tricks.

Is your mind less boggled now? Or are the different opinions still too difficult to wrap your head around?

When the opinion is to always find negatives to harp on and never acknowledge positives then yes, that is difficult to wrap my head around. People that hold those types of opinions are usually never happy.

In this instance, it is impossible to complain about everyone's ice time. There are only so many minutes to go around, especially when factoring in time and score.

Not for nuthin' but how about Bitetto throwin' the mitts last night!!!! :cheers:

...thought I saw a few body shots land!!! Those are tough to connect though; those pants ride up pretty high! Gotta catch the rib area kinda high up, under the arms.

I get that you have to work your way up. Scoring a goal helps. I wish he gave a chance to ride that high. If he gives him more minutes next game so be it. Great. Think that moment is lost though to some extent and I’m a little surprised in Quinn there. As a former college coach, I bet that kind of concept he knows very very well, but failed to seize the opportunity.

Think he eluded to it as others said in his post game

I don't think the high from your first NHL goal is gonna wear off that quick. Since the game where he "forgot" to play Kakko, he's gone for 13:27, 14:13, 17:11, and 19:21. Kakko is playing well, generating chances, and finds himself pretty solid in the top 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gauthier on the 3rd line in the next game following a similar pattern.

I would not have minded seeing Goat get another shift or two after scoring his first nhl goal, see where that leads. His goal shift was 8 seconds lol. He’ll give him a turn or two on PDGs s not like Gauthier is REALLY a 4th liner anyway. He’s a 1st rounder that has offensive potential. If you aren’t rewarding him now, when the hell are you ever going to reward him?

we're arguing about Gautier. The whole Ranger Nation was surprised that puck went into the net and not in the stands. Not gonna argue or blame the coach for playing a scrub for one more or less shift.

Want to blame the coach? blame his decision for putting injured Panarin on the PP and on the point, nontheless, essentially risking the game where any bruin with half the chance would've had a shorthanded breakaway.

I don't think the high from your first NHL goal is gonna wear off that quick. Since the game where he "forgot" to play Kakko, he's gone for 13:27, 14:13, 17:11, and 19:21. Kakko is playing well, generating chances, and finds himself pretty solid in the top 6. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gauthier on the 3rd line in the next game following a similar pattern.

KK is playing well but i dont see him generating chances yet. not many, if at all, quality opportunities

When the opinion is to always find negatives to harp on and never acknowledge positives then yes, that is difficult to wrap my head around. People that hold those types of opinions are usually never happy.

In this instance, it is impossible to complain about everyone's ice time. There are only so many minutes to go around, especially when factoring in time and score.

Well I want aware you are on the heads of everyone here. Could it be just that some people don't agree with you?

Who is even doing what you're saying?

we're arguing about Gautier. The whole Ranger Nation was surprised that puck went into the net and not in the stands. Not gonna argue or blame the coach for playing a scrub for one more or less shift.

Want to blame the coach? blame his decision for putting injured Panarin on the PP and on the point, nontheless, essentially risking the game where any bruin with half the chance would've had a shorthanded breakaway.

I think that was done too lol. It's not blaming. It's just an example of where some, like myself, think it's an example of how hee doesn't even have a grasp on the actual game sometimes. Panarin injury another example.

I think that was done too lol. It's not blaming. It's just an example of where some, like myself, think it's an example of how hee doesn't even have a grasp on the actual game sometimes. Panarin injury another example.

Stop with sound criticisms and accept that this 4-5-3 team is firing on all cylinders under our fearless leader Quinn!

Gotta agree with this. Who should he have played ahead of?

Considering Panarin didn't play in the third, I think you find playing time for the guy who opened up scoring the 1st goal by going to the net. He did what we need the rest of the forwards to do. Quinn shifts players from wing to wing daily. . With you top guy down, you move players around.

This is the epitome of Quinn bullshit coaching. Quinn called him out in the media. The kid responded. Scored a goal.. Still doesn't get used despite an injured player.. And how the fuck does he NOT equate into a possible victory? How do you score the first goal and NOT possibly be a key in a victory? He doesn't score, they lose in regulation...

????

Buch has cooled off,

Considering Panarin didn't play in the third, I think you find playing time for the guy who opened up scoring the 1st goal by going to the net. He did what we need the rest of the forwards to do. Quinn shifts players from wing to wing daily. . With you top guy down, you move players around.

This is the epitome of Quinn bullshit coaching. Quinn called him out in the media. The kid responded. Scored a goal.. Still doesn't get used despite an injured player.. And how the fuck does he NOT equate into a possible victory? How do you score the first goal and NOT possibly be a key in a victory? He doesn't score, they lose in regulation...

????

Buch has cooled off,

How many more goals do you think he would have scored if he played 4 more shifts? He’s still who he is...a guy who got lucky the puck didn’t hit the crossbarr

How many more goals do you think he would have scored if he played 4 more shifts? He?s still who he is...a guy who got lucky the puck didn?t hit the crossbarr

I don?t want to put words in The Dude & co?s mouths, but I think the point they?re making is that it?s another example of Quinn?s inadequacies as an in game coach and how he often doesn?t practice what he preaches. Not that playing Gauthier higher in the lineup would necessarily return another 2 goals.

In his defence he might have been trying to balance his lines. Iirc he moved PDG up to replace Panarin and Gauthier up to the 3rd. In my mind the obvious solution there is to replace Panarin with Laf, and it kind of worries me that he didn?t do that. But then again he did take his place on the PP, so fuck knows really.

I don?t want to put words in The Dude & co?s mouths, but I think the point they?re making is that it?s another example of Quinn?s inadequacies as an in game coach and how he often doesn?t practice what he preaches. Not that playing Gauthier higher in the lineup would necessarily return another 2 goals.

In his defence he might have been trying to balance his lines. Iirc he moved PDG up to replace Panarin and Gauthier up to the 3rd. In my mind the obvious solution there is to replace Panarin with Laf, and it kind of worries me that he didn?t do that. But then again he did take his place on the PP, so fuck knows really.

Are there really inadequacies?

Zib was buzzing. Buch got more ice.

Kakko was buzzing, he got more ice.

Goat's linemates got 10-11 minutes.

He's an unfortunate casualty of game management. I've asked a couple times, and nobody's really been able to answer, which right wing should have gotten less time so Goat could get more? PDG? We discussed that, he only got more time because he replaced Panarin... And the person who should have was Laf, not Goat.

If goat keeps it up, he'll get more ice time. If he doesn't, I'm sure everybody will be blaming Quinn for squashing his dreams. :rolleyes:

I don’t want to put words in The Dude & co’s mouths, but I think the point they’re making is that it’s another example of Quinn’s inadequacies as an in game coach and how he often doesn’t practice what he preaches. Not that playing Gauthier higher in the lineup would necessarily return another 2 goals.

In his defence he might have been trying to balance his lines. Iirc he moved PDG up to replace Panarin and Gauthier up to the 3rd. In my mind the obvious solution there is to replace Panarin with Laf, and it kind of worries me that he didn’t do that. But then again he did take his place on the PP, so fuck knows really.

Let's take this from a coach's perspective.

You're in a tied game with 7 minutes remaining. Are you riding your top 6 trying to get that goal, or doling out ice time equitably?

Further, your top players who aren't hurt - Zib, Buch, Kakko, even Strome - are generating good chances. Again, are you going to think your top players are going to get you that goal, or are you thinking to lower your odds by getting your bottom 6 out there? When you hit that part of a pro game, your bottom 6 comes out for just enough to rest either your first or second line. No more, unless they've created a chance.

It looked like PDG and Laf took a few shifts in Panarin's spot. Even then, you want the rookie out there with 5 minutes left in the game and one mistake possibly meaning points lost in the standings? Nah. He's super talented, but you can't put that on Laf, or even Gauthier.

I'm not really sure where the complaint comes from here. Gauthier lost time to game script, for all intents and purposes.

• Like 1

How so? I agree with Quinn that he mishandled Gauthier's ice time. You don't. Take your beef up with him.
you realize both things can be true right? He could have manage the ice time as best he could during the game and then also say he wished he found the fourth line more ice time right?

Yeah, I I could have played them more, but I didn't. LOL.

you realize both things can be true right? He could have manage the ice time as best he could during the game and then also say he wished he found the fourth line more ice time right?

Yeah, I I could have played them more, but I didn't. LOL.

You are bending ass over backwards to defend your position.

If you really think Quinn went home and beat himself up over the fourth lines ice time, then I don't know what to tell you.

Still bending. All I repeated were Quinn's words. The irony here is I disagreed with Quinn's usage of Gauthier, and have for some time, but agreed with his own self-critique. You agreed with limiting Gauthier's ice time, but disagreed with Quinn that he should have played him more. The difference is I have been consistently pining for more ice time for Gauthier. Whereas you don't know which lane to pick.

Moving onto next game now ;)

Still bending. All I repeated were Quinn's words. The irony here is I disagreed with Quinn's usage of Gauthier, and have for some time, but agreed with his own self-critique. You agreed with limiting Gauthier's ice time, but disagreed with Quinn that he should have played him more. The difference is I have been consistently pining for more ice time for Gauthier. Whereas you don't know which lane to pick.

Moving onto next game now ;)

You were whining about Kakko icetime, and then whined when Kakko's icetime came and Goats expense.

Talk about not being able to pick a lane LOL. Again, there's only so much ice time.

But yes, move to the next game, you need to get a head start on whining about Quinn. Never too early!