Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 254

Thread: Fire DQ, Hire Brucey B, ????, Profit!!!

  1. #21
    Good Canadian Boy BSBH Prospect
    Art Panarini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,119
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Am I missing something?

    Bruce Boudreaux is a jackass. He's one of those coaches who succeeds only when his teams are stacked and even then success is only 82 games long. He has no history with rebuilding teams. He has no championship pedigree. In fact every time he's hired, I'm shocked.

    Also they're not gonna fire David Quinn when the team is actually looking good. They'll fire him when they're ready to make the playoffs/make a run and when that becomes the case, Boudreaux is last on my list.
    Huh? He made a name for himself being an extremely good AHL coach and literally every team he touches he turns them into an offensively good squad. He won the Jack Adams Award with a very young capitals team too.

    Do I think Bruce is perfect, or for that matter will win us a cup? No I do not. I think he will install a more potent offense and help get the young talent we have to come out of their shell.

    And Quinn absolutely has his job on the line. Maybe it?s not this off-season, but if he starts slow or similar next year, he won?t be here.

  2. #22
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,675
    Rep Power
    295
    I think this team never goes anywhere with Quinn at the helm. Honestly, if nothing else, I’d think the ADA debacle shows how little of a grip he actually has on things and what’s going on with the team. Let’s not even forget he’s gone, NOT because of Quinn, but because of Gortons ultimatum.

    I said it in another thread but I really would be very intrigued by Babcock. I know what his past is, but I also think he had enough time to rethink his legacy and coaches do evolve, like Torts sort of did. Not saying I’d definitely want him but he would really intrigue me for a guy with structure and commands respect
    Other guys?
    Boudreau
    Bylsma
    Sutter
    Gallant
    Hitchcock

  3. #23
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    92,115
    Rep Power
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    Am I missing something?

    Bruce Boudreaux is a jackass. He's one of those coaches who succeeds only when his teams are stacked and even then success is only 82 games long. He has no history with rebuilding teams. He has no championship pedigree. In fact every time he's hired, I'm shocked.

    Also they're not gonna fire David Quinn when the team is actually looking good. They'll fire him when they're ready to make the playoffs/make a run and when that becomes the case, Boudreaux is last on my list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    Yea, he was not good in Minny.
    The whole point of Boudreau is to unlock offense. Just like he did for countless players for the Wild, including who we were convinced was an utterly broken down Eric Staal, who went from 6 points in 20 games with the Rangers (0.30 P/GP) to 65 points in 82 games (0.79) and 76 points in 82 games (0.93) in back-to-back years under Bruce.

    Similar spikes? Mikhail Granlund from 44 points to a team-leading 69. Nino Neiderreiter 43 to 57 (4th on team). Charlie Coyle 42 to 56. Spurgeon went from 29 to 38. Dumba from 26 to 34. Even 34-year-old Jason Pominville went from 36 to 47.

    I don't have the numbers right next to me, but I'm willing to bet this is a fact everywhere he went. The reason teams hire him is to unlock offense.

    Now, look at Kakko and Lafreniere and tell me they wouldn't benefit immensely from playing for Bruce instead of Quinn. Same for Gauthier, Chytil, and others. This team is designed to play Boudreau hockey, not Quinn hockey. Quinn belongs coaching the current Wild squad with Fiala, Bjugstad, Greenway, Foligno, etc.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  4. #24
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    92,115
    Rep Power
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I think this team never goes anywhere with Quinn at the helm. Honestly, if nothing else, I’d think the ADA debacle shows how little of a grip he actually has on things and what’s going on with the team. Let’s not even forget he’s gone, NOT because of Quinn, but because of Gortons ultimatum.

    I said it in another thread but I really would be very intrigued by Babcock. I know what his past is, but I also think he had enough time to rethink his legacy and coaches do evolve, like Torts sort of did. Not saying I’d definitely want him but he would really intrigue me for a guy with structure and commands respect
    Other guys?
    Boudreau
    Bylsma
    Sutter
    Gallant
    Hitchcock
    This team, coming off of ADA, has absolutely no business courting Mike Babcock. They're living a PR nightmare, or were. They're not stupid enough to walk head-first into another. Everyone else, fine. Not Mike. His half life is still raging.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  5. #25
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,675
    Rep Power
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This team, coming off of ADA, has absolutely no business courting Mike Babcock. They're living a PR nightmare, or were. They're not stupid enough to walk head-first into another. Everyone else, fine. Not Mike. His half life is still raging.
    I can get that, but for the accountability and redemption of himself it would be an interesting interview. Of that list, I personally wouldn’t mind Bylsma for his work with a young Pitt and got immediate results.

  6. #26
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,069
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I just don't get any sense that Quinn is in trouble.

    He's the embodiment of everything this franchise loves. The anti-Canadian style, Prep School educated, upper crust, uber-principled, blue blood. They've been waiting for this guy. I think he's got a lot of leash left.
    If NYR were able to get Gerard Gallant, sign me up. Appears not to be the case . But Quinn to Boudreau, case of the devil you know.

  7. #27
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    92,115
    Rep Power
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I can get that, but for the accountability and redemption of himself it would be an interesting interview. Of that list, I personally wouldn’t mind Bylsma for his work with a young Pitt and got immediate results.
    The timing just doesn't work. You gotta land this plane first, and then drive a while to let everyone forget about the fact you nearly just crashed before opting to get up in turbulent air again.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  8. #28
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Bugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,069
    Rep Power
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    This team, coming off of ADA, has absolutely no business courting Mike Babcock. They're living a PR nightmare, or were. They're not stupid enough to walk head-first into another. Everyone else, fine. Not Mike. His half life is still raging.
    Point of comparison; even players who didn't like playing for Tortarella mostly respected him and even liked him as a guy(big exception being Gaborik). Babcock is really hated by a lot of people who played for him. Heck, is there anyone who has anything good to say about him?

  9. #29
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    92,115
    Rep Power
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Bugg View Post
    Point of comparison; even players who didn't like playing for Tortarella mostly respected him and even liked him as a guy(big exception being Gaborik). Babcock is really hated by a lot of people who played for him. Heck, is there anyone who has anything good to say about him?
    Nope, which is really telling. Even after his attempt to control his own narrative with that interview he did with Pierre LeBrun, not a single player has come out and defended him or had a kind word to say about him. It's either been wholly negative (and I mean really fucking negative) like Franzen, Leafs, etc. or silence.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

  10. #30
    Very Large Member BSBH Prospect
    Vodka Drunkenski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,419
    Rep Power
    196
    Rather have Gallant
    Hidden Content

    Let's Go Rangers!

  11. #31
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,675
    Rep Power
    295
    I mean I said I wanted Bylsma lol. Just threw other names out there and they’d be doing their diligence in at least interviewing Babcock along the way.

  12. #32
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,454
    Rep Power
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The whole point of Boudreau is to unlock offense. Just like he did for countless players for the Wild, including who we were convinced was an utterly broken down Eric Staal, who went from 6 points in 20 games with the Rangers (0.30 P/GP) to 65 points in 82 games (0.79) and 76 points in 82 games (0.93) in back-to-back years under Bruce.

    Similar spikes? Mikhail Granlund from 44 points to a team-leading 69. Nino Neiderreiter 43 to 57 (4th on team). Charlie Coyle 42 to 56. Spurgeon went from 29 to 38. Dumba from 26 to 34. Even 34-year-old Jason Pominville went from 36 to 47.

    I don't have the numbers right next to me, but I'm willing to bet this is a fact everywhere he went. The reason teams hire him is to unlock offense.

    Now, look at Kakko and Lafreniere and tell me they wouldn't benefit immensely from playing for Bruce instead of Quinn. Same for Gauthier, Chytil, and others. This team is designed to play Boudreau hockey, not Quinn hockey. Quinn belongs coaching the current Wild squad with Fiala, Bjugstad, Greenway, Foligno, etc.
    What about their 1st round picks in Kunin and Ericsson Ek. Did nothing for them.

    Panarin, Zib, Buch, Strome, ADA all just had offense unlocked career years under Quinn.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

  13. #33
    Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    Dunny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    16,826
    Rep Power
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    What about their 1st round picks in Kunis and Ericsson Ek. Did nothing for them.

    Panarin, Zib, Buch, Strome, ADA all just had offense unlocked career years under Quinn.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Good points.

    Who are we not getting offence from at a less than expected rate anyways? A 18 YO and a 19 YO, who are playing enough to control their own destiny.

  14. #34
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83,278
    Rep Power
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    Good points.

    Who are we not getting offence from at a less than expected rate anyways? A 18 YO and a 19 YO, who are playing enough to control their own destiny.
    Agree. The whole narrative that he's not playing young players enough is false.

  15. #35
    Moderator Bantam Division
    RodrigueGabriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Location
    DC Area
    Posts
    1,412
    Rep Power
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    The whole point of Boudreau is to unlock offense. Just like he did for countless players for the Wild, including who we were convinced was an utterly broken down Eric Staal, who went from 6 points in 20 games with the Rangers (0.30 P/GP) to 65 points in 82 games (0.79) and 76 points in 82 games (0.93) in back-to-back years under Bruce.

    Similar spikes? Mikhail Granlund from 44 points to a team-leading 69. Nino Neiderreiter 43 to 57 (4th on team). Charlie Coyle 42 to 56. Spurgeon went from 29 to 38. Dumba from 26 to 34. Even 34-year-old Jason Pominville went from 36 to 47.

    I don't have the numbers right next to me, but I'm willing to bet this is a fact everywhere he went. The reason teams hire him is to unlock offense.

    Now, look at Kakko and Lafreniere and tell me they wouldn't benefit immensely from playing for Bruce instead of Quinn. Same for Gauthier, Chytil, and others. This team is designed to play Boudreau hockey, not Quinn hockey. Quinn belongs coaching the current Wild squad with Fiala, Bjugstad, Greenway, Foligno, etc.
    Can we get him in as an assistant to coach the offense then? Better that than enduring the inevitable snuffing of the flame.

  16. #36
    Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    jsrangers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Seaside Park NJ
    Posts
    2,798
    Rep Power
    75
    or maybe it's just possible at this point in their careers it doesn't matter who the coach is the two top two draft picks aren't good good enough or ready to put up points and it's going to take time regardless of who's behind the bench. Some guys seem to have no problem putting up points last season under Quinn.

  17. #37
    Beer Leaguer Midget Division
    SaveByRichter35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Long Island
    Posts
    3,287
    Rep Power
    69
    I'd love to see what he could do with the Rangers offense but man, I don't know if I want that slob being one of the faces of the team. Whenever I see him all I see is his face covered in wing sauce or bbq sauce whatever it was during the Winter Classic 24/7 series.

  18. #38
    Good Canadian Boy BSBH Prospect
    Art Panarini's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    16,119
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by jsrangers View Post
    or maybe it's just possible at this point in their careers it doesn't matter who the coach is the two top two draft picks aren't good good enough or ready to put up points and it's going to take time regardless of who's behind the bench. Some guys seem to have no problem putting up points last season under Quinn.
    Again, in a vacuum, sure. But let?s look at this team. Show me the structure, show me the system. Because if you say you can, I?m calling you a liar. There simply isn?t one.

    This is not the environment you want to be developing two young, gifted offensive players. I expect guys like Panarin to wherever they go. That?s not unusual. The lack of growth from a guy like Kakko and the awful start by Laff is unusual.

  19. #39
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83,278
    Rep Power
    715
    To be fair, structure and system are defense
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Panarini View Post
    Again, in a vacuum, sure. But let?s look at this team. Show me the structure, show me the system. Because if you say you can, I?m calling you a liar. There simply isn?t one.

    This is not the environment you want to be developing two young, gifted offensive players. I expect guys like Panarin to wherever they go. That?s not unusual. The lack of growth from a guy like Kakko and the awful start by Laff is unusual.
    To be fair, structure and system are for defense. Offense should be free flowing. I don't put the fact that they're clueless when they have the puck on their sticks on Quinn.

  20. #40
    The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Phil in Absentia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    92,115
    Rep Power
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    What about their 1st round picks in Kunin and Ericsson Ek. Did nothing for them.

    Panarin, Zib, Buch, Strome, ADA all just had offense unlocked career years under Quinn.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk
    Eriksson Ek played 15 games and had 7 points in his first season (0.24) and then put up 29 in 62 (0.47). Kunin had 17 points in 39 games (0.35) and then 31 in 63 (0.49).

    Progress in both cases, and neither was a first- or second-overall pick.

    But I will say that Boudreau has historically done his best work with more veteran players. I'd expect to see near-career numbers out of Kreider, Strome, Buchnevich, Zibanejad, and Trouba more than anyone else.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella


    "Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •