Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Fire DQ, Hire Brucey B, ????, Profit!!!

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    1) This season is a wash
    2) they’re not going anywhere.
    But are we wasting ELC contract time on this washed season? Send em down . They aren't learning anything from this coach. That locker room must be like a frikken morgue. Bring the young core together in the A and under a different coach and see if they create their own culture.

Senior Member Junior Division
    Quote Originally Posted by BlairBettsBlocksEverything View Post
    Just by the basis of being top picks, pretty much every high pick starts off in a losing situation early in their career.
    Yet, they come in and are THE go to guys and are allowed to make mistakes.

There's a difference between a losing situation and a losing environment. This team should be way better than what their record is and much better than what the eye test has shown.

There's no energy in anything they do. Shestyorkin showed a little bit of that energy in the latest loss. Miller was showing it in most games prior to his injury. Fox had some poise. Lemieux is a sparkplug that doesn't spark this bunch of lifeless players..

Good Canadian Boy BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dude View Post
    But are we wasting ELC contract time on this washed season? Send em down . They aren't learning anything from this coach. That locker room must be like a frikken morgue. Bring the young core together in the A and under a different coach and see if they create their own culture.
    Laff is not AHL eligible iirc.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    First things first. This Rangers mess — the overall record and the throwup that was Tuesday’s 5-2 loss to the Devils — falls at the feet of the head coach and his staff.

It simmers on the bench during the game, between periods, and boils after the game, into the night and the following morning, through meetings, through video sessions, through practice … and even through media Zooms.

If David Quinn could have prevented what happened on the Garden ice Tuesday — a putrid effort resulting in a putrid performance — he would have. But he couldn’t and didn’t, and that lands on him.

Second, let’s stop the talk of a coaching change after 14 games. This isn’t George Steinbrenner. This isn’t stupidity-and-panic time, which I think a change would be. If the record were 1-13-0, and if Tuesday’s game was a typical one for the first quarter of this 56-game season, then, yeah, perhaps that’d be enough already.

But it wasn’t typical. That doesn’t make it any more or less acceptable. But the Mission Statement here is clear and should remain so, and I’m sure Rangers president John Davidson and general manager Jeff Gorton understand that. This year isn’t a championship-or-bust season. It’s not even a playoffs-or-bust season, simply because it can’t be. No, 2021 is a season about development more than any of the two previous rebuilding seasons, because now some of the kids are here, and more will be arriving in a bit, and the eye has to remain trained on that.

Thus there is no reason to fire the teacher that Quinn is and has been since he arrived. Has he been perfect? Absolutely not. Have kids developed? There is no question that they have. Kaapo Kakko, Adam Fox, Ryan Lindgren, K’Andre Miller, even Julien Gauthier has come along lately, and just as recently Libor H?jek. Alexis Lafreni?re lags behind, but you’d have to be blind to think he hasn’t learned a lot of lessons for a teenager. You can stretch it further to Pavel Buchnevich and the player he has become, and Tony DeAngelo, even, at least as a player and despite the baggage that got him booted off the team.
    “As a coach, you always feel like it’s on you,” Quinn said. “It’s just a sickening, sickening feeling. Unless you’ve been coaching, it’s hard to explain. The hard part of this profession is when things go well, you don’t think you have much to do with it, and when things go bad, you think you have everything to do with it. That’s certainly how I felt last night, personally.

“The thing that you’ve got to keep in mind: You know, you’re sitting here, and you’re going over the schedule, and when you look, it was such an outlier (Tuesday) night. And, listen, I know what our record is. I know what our record is. Nobody’s happy with it. But effort hasn’t been our problem. Competing hasn’t been our problem. And it was (Tuesday), and it was an outlier. Obviously, we were all pissed off last night — no one more than I was. You’ve got to let the dust settle. We’ve got to corral our emotions here, and we’ve got to move past and make sure that it doesn’t happen again.
    Quinn was asked if Zibanejad’s and Chris Kreider’s veteran status gives them more leeway in terms of being demoted, as Buchnevich was Tuesday.

“No. They’ve run out of that veteran-status ticket that they’ve had,” Quinn said. “I have liked part … we all talked about Mika’s game after the first Bruins game. There certainly was a lot more of what the Mika Zibanejad we know we’re going to need. I thought Chris was more physical (Tuesday). Listen, we’ve talked about it an awful lot the first part of the season here. We need a little bit more out of everybody, not just certain guys. Those two guys are certainly a part of that, and they know that and no one’s working harder to get out of it than those two guys. So it’s not for the lack of caring or effort. Sometimes you can get in your own way, and sometimes it happens at this level.”
    “Teams are expecting us to make that extra pass because we can do it,” Strome said. “But when things aren’t going well you need to simplify. I think oftentimes the answer is a lot more simple than we think.”

That’s how the Devils piled up their victory on the Rangers, despite having not played the previous 15 days and practiced once. They got some bounces, for sure. But even there lies a lesson.

“Puck luck is a byproduct of doing the right things over and over again,” Quinn said. “It’s getting inside, throwing pucks — I mean look at the two goals (the Devils) scored. The second and third goals. They’re throwing a puck from the corner towards the net, it goes off of us and goes in. They get a puck to the right point, there’s no hesitation. They wrist it to the net, they tip it, it goes in. We don’t do that enough. You do that 20-25 times in a game and you’re going to get a ‘lucky’ bounce. That’s not luck. That’s a byproduct of keeping it simple and doing those types of things that allow you to get that ‘lucky bounce.’ We’ve got to incorporate that more into our game. Too often we want to pass the puck into the net. In this day and age, you’ve got to get inside and you’ve got to understand when it’s time to be simple and throw pucks and have people there where you will get those bounces and when it is time to make plays. We’re still fighting that.”
    https://theathletic.com/2394862/2021...rce=dailyemail

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quinn and the Rangers were dealt another big blow Tuesday into Wednesday when it was announced that Jacob Trouba — their alternate captain, a rising leadership figure, and first-pair defenseman — will be out four to six weeks with a broken thumb he suffered in the second period.
    Is Carp doing shrooms?

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by So Nashty View Post
    Is Carp doing shrooms?
    What part of that is untrue? He's an alternate captain - that's evident. He's a rising leadership figure - there's been quite a bit on his mentorship of K'Andre Miller among others. He's one of our first pair defenseman.

Seems on point.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post
    What part of that is untrue? He's an alternate captain - that's evident. He's a rising leadership figure - there's been quite a bit on his mentorship of K'Andre Miller among others. He's one of our first pair defenseman.

Seems on point.
    If hes a leader and a first pair defenseman then this team is in a lot of trouble

HNIC BSBH Legend
    If hes a leader and a first pair defenseman then this team is in a lot of trouble
    Out of all the things in that article, you're hung up on the way they described Trouba?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Out of all the things in that article, you're hung up on the way they described Trouba?
    Because everything else is pretty spot on lol.. sad but spot on.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Because everything else is pretty spot on lol.. sad but spot on.
    Hear you. He's at best a 2nd pair guy, overpaid by about $3M.

But, moving on....

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Hear you. He's at best a 2nd pair guy, overpaid by about $3M.

But, moving on....
    Yea, I mean I don't mean to keep harping on much I dislike the guy but he gives you nothing to root for.

Curious to see how they play the next month or so without him. Hoping JJ is out the entire time too.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    It only took a couple of days after he got hurt for me to completely forget that Jack Johnson was a part of this organization. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    It only took a couple of days after he got hurt for me to completely forget that Jack Johnson was a part of this organization. lol
    Welcome back to the nightmare

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Carp is an absolute mouthpiece. Might as well be on the Rangers payroll. He absolutely refuses to criticize the organization.
    Can’t take him seriously at all.

I’m sure he’s devastated.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213