• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fire DQ, Hire Brucey B, ????, Profit!!!

Hear you. He's at best a 2nd pair guy, overpaid by about $3M.

But, moving on....

Yea, I mean I don't mean to keep harping on much I dislike the guy but he gives you nothing to root for.

Curious to see how they play the next month or so without him. Hoping JJ is out the entire time too.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I haven't seen this thread around for a while,

Wonder if Quinn has grown on most fans in here

Nope. Still the same guy. It’s not as much as him growing on us as it is learning how to be a consistently successful nhl coach. Hopefully it doesn’t take 3 more years.

There was really never much to complain about. Consider they were missing, at various points of the season:

1C (Zib)

1 LW (Panarin)

2 RW (Kakko)

3C (Chytil)

2D (Trouba)

1G (Shesterkin)

Dealt with ADA drama, COVID protocols, etc. I don't really see anyone doing a much better job given the hand that was dealt.

My only complaint right now is continuing to reward invisible player(s) with ice time i.e. Kreider and keeping Kravtsov, who is visible every shift, on the 4th line with Howden and Rooney. There's no reason Kreider's play is acceptable for the past month, yet he gets plenty of ice time alongside Zibanejad.

Otherwise, all things considered, we've had a good season under Quinn. The kids are starting to come alive too.

My only complaint right now is continuing to reward invisible player(s) with ice time i.e. Kreider and keeping Kravtsov, who is visible every shift, on the 4th line with Howden and Rooney. There's no reason Kreider's play is acceptable for the past month, yet he gets plenty of ice time alongside Zibanejad.

Otherwise, all things considered, we've had a good season under Quinn. The kids are starting to come alive too.

To his credit, he's cut back well on Kreider's ice time in the last few games. He's down 3 minutes from his average - give/take - over the last four games.

Still indifferent on Quinn. Still have the same general concern/issues with Lafreniere/Kakko production.
Same. If they fired him tomorrow, I wouldn't care (depending on who they brought in), I just find the complaining and things that get blamed on him to be a little ridiculous.

I’ll never understand how you can be as hot/cold as kreider usually is.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreider didn't get on the stat sheet but his net front once again gave them a goal from Strome a couple of games ago. He's got the intangibles that led the Rangers to signing his deal. Besides being their goal leader.

Same. If they fired him tomorrow, I wouldn't care (depending on who they brought in), I just find the complaining and things that get blamed on him to be a little ridiculous.

No disagreement here. He's way too polarizing for someone so inconsequential.

Yup... Don't love the guy, don't hate the guy.. He's just kind of here. He's strangely both a whipping post for some groups, and the absolute right guy to others.. In reality, he's a coach of a team that wins less than half the games it plays, and that's what I look at.

Yup... Don't love the guy, don't hate the guy.. He's just kind of here. He's strangely both a whipping post for some groups, and the absolute right guy to others.. In reality, he's a coach of a team that wins less than half the games it plays, and that's what I look at.

Its not like I love the guy,but his record is 89 wins 80 loses that's above half the games they play,not too bad for a rebuilding team

Its not like I love the guy,but his record is 89 wins 80 loses that's above half the games they play,not too bad for a rebuilding team

Technically it's worse when you count the overtime and shootout losses as actual losses, which I do. But, the points are fair. Probably my two main gripes of these Quinn teams is that more often than not, the team still looks unprepared to start most games, and a lack of adjustments during games most of the time. Those are coaching issues. I don't know if I bought the narrative that maybe he lost the locker room during the whole ADA thing or just in general. If they did, it really doesn't seem like it now as they could be poised to go on a good streak to close out the season like they did last year.

Last season, before the COVID shutdowns, they were playing some of the best hockey in the NHL and were a must watch team.