Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 81 to 97 of 97

Thread: Bitetto Brotherhood

  1. #81
    Senior Member Junior Division
    BlairBettsBlocksEverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,025
    Rep Power
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by josh View Post
    Glue guys and role players are different. They can be the same guy, but they are different labels.

    A glue guy example would be a Dan Girardi - he was a lockerroom personality, veteran, did the little things on the ice.
    A role player is Blair Betts. He goes, plays his defensive C role and kills penalty - not known for his leadership, off ice persona, or lockerroom presence
    im just happy someone said the name Blair Betts and it wasnt me lol
    __________________________________

  2. #82
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Slobberknocker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    2 feet south of the blueline
    Posts
    4,969
    Rep Power
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt View Post
    In my opinion the tda issue was handled poorly by everybody involved but that has nothing to do with bitteto other than giving him the opportunity. If any injury was the reason for opportunity nothing would be said we would just the players game. Up to this point his game has been surprising adequate. Nothing to get excited about but I’m also not desperately looking for his replacement. He’s the furthest thing from the problems this team has experienced
    welcome. good group here.
    Acqua in bocca

  3. #83
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,479
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    That's not true. The glue guys are often players who play lower down the lineup or are extras.
    Wouldn’t be a journeyman if he was “the glue”, dont you think?

  4. #84
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83,278
    Rep Power
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Wouldn’t be a journeyman if he was “the glue”, dont you think?
    Nope.

  5. #85
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,454
    Rep Power
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Wouldn’t be a journeyman if he was “the glue”, dont you think?
    No, being the glue guy here has nothing to do with his time in Nashville or anywhere else. Its because of what it means to him to be a Ranger. Being a Ranger, for Bitetto, intensifies all of the intangibles that make a glue guy.

  6. #86
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,479
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    No, being the glue guy here has nothing to do with his time in Nashville or anywhere else. Its because of what it means to him to be a Ranger. Being a Ranger, for Bitetto, intensifies all of the intangibles that make a glue guy.
    in other words, without Bitetto this team is last in the standings or fox and breadman wouldnt be racking up points, or Miller would still be in teh minors? i find it hard to believe. i think he's a good teammate but being the glue for the whole team is a reach.

  7. #87
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,479
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Nope.
    ok

  8. #88
    Senior Member Midget Division
    Long live the King's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    3,454
    Rep Power
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    in other words, without Bitetto this team is last in the standings? i find it hard to believe. i think he's a good teammate but being the glue for the whole team is a reach.
    How many times do I have to say it? Glue guy =/= MVP, leading scorer, and/or stud Dman. The glue guy impacts the culture of the team. We're talking Players' Player award, not MVP.

  9. #89
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,675
    Rep Power
    295
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    in other words, without Bitetto this team is last in the standings or fox and breadman wouldnt be racking up points, or Miller would still be in teh minors? i find it hard to believe. i think he's a good teammate but being the glue for the whole team is a reach.
    It is a reach but hey whatever gets people through the day. This team is pretty mu h in the same place with or without glue boy.

  10. #90
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,479
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    How many times do I have to say it? Glue guy =/= MVP, leading scorer, and/or stud Dman. The glue guy impacts the culture of the team. We're talking Players' Player award, not MVP.
    Player's Player award? how about the most handsome ranger? so without "the glue guy" Bitetto the team falls apart? we're talking about Bitetto here, in case you want to think about it again

  11. #91
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83,278
    Rep Power
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    Player's Player award? how about the most handsome ranger? so without "the glue guy" Bitetto the team falls apart? we're talking about Bitetto here, in case you want to think about it again
    Tough to say if you're serious or just trolling, you realize they do have a player's players award right? Fast won it multiple times.

  12. #92
    (╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    Keirik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    12,675
    Rep Power
    295
    ^
    Speaking of glue guys....

  13. #93
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,479
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Tough to say if you're serious or just trolling, you realize they do have a player's players award right? Fast won it multiple times.
    According to you everyone is a troll

  14. #94
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83,278
    Rep Power
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    According to you everyone is a troll
    Multiple people have explained the concept of a glue guy multiple times in this thread. It's also apparent if you listen to any of the hockey podcasts that these players exist, yet you continue to question it.

    Then you mock the players player award as if it doesn't exist... If you're not trolling, then I have no idea what else you're doing here, it's certainly not contributing to meaningful conversation.

  15. #95
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,479
    Rep Power
    146
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Multiple people have explained the concept of a glue guy multiple times in this thread. It's also apparent if you listen to any of the hockey podcasts that these players exist, yet you continue to question it.

    Then you mock the players player award as if it doesn't exist... If you're not trolling, then I have no idea what else you're doing here, it's certainly not contributing to meaningful conversation.
    I did not question the existence of a glue guy, I questioned Bitetto as being the glue guy. Pay attention.
    And right now you’re trolling me. When will you ever learn?

  16. #96
    HNIC BSBH Legend
    Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    83,278
    Rep Power
    715
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    I did not question the existence of a glue guy, I questioned Bitetto as being the glue guy. Pay attention.
    And right now you’re trolling me. When will you ever learn?
    If you think that's trolling then you need to go read the definition because you have no idea what it means.

    But you did manage to last like a day off the ignore list. Back you go.

    G'night.

  17. #97
    Banned Junior Division
    CCCP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    7,479
    Rep Power
    146
    lol...Thank god
    One less ..... to worry about

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •