• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bitetto Brotherhood

Phil

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between Hajek, Bitetto, and others like them is irrelevant. We're talking about shades of gray to differentiate bad players. None of them are NHL players.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

This Hajek hate is just too much. Not sure why he's shit on so much. He's definitely an NHL player. Maybe not a top pairing guy (or maybe he is, he did well with Trouba last season). Why are we writing off a 23 year old? The guy has been playing well and even producing points lately. Quinn definitely has a hard on for him. Just leave him in there.

This Hajek hate is just too much. Not sure why he's shit on so much. He's definitely an NHL player. Maybe not a top pairing guy (or maybe he is, he did well with Trouba last season). Why are we writing off a 23 year old? The guy has been playing well and even producing points lately. Quinn definitely has a hard on for him. Just leave him in there.

It's not "hate," it's measured evaluation. He provides almost no offensive contribution and has exceptionally poor possession numbers despite a high offensive zone start differential. In other words, he can't contribute to the team's scoring, and when he's on the ice, the play is generally stuck in his end of the ice.

As to why I would personally write him off? Because I haven't seen an inkling of promise since the team acquired him and there are players with higher upsides available who I'd much rather give the opportunity to prove it.

It's not "hate," it's measured evaluation. He provides almost no offensive contribution and has exceptionally poor possession numbers despite a high offensive zone start differential. In other words, he can't contribute to the team's scoring, and when he's on the ice, the play is generally stuck in his end of the ice.

As to why I would personally write him off? Because I haven't seen an inkling of promise since the team acquired him and there are players with higher upsides available who I'd much rather give the opportunity to prove it.

Completely fair that there are prettier horses to ride in the pipeline, and I agree completely with that logic.

Out of curiosity however, if there was not such a wealth of talent to give a fair look to(Jones, Robertson, Reuanan, etc...), would you be so quick to discard him if your next best options were something like Bitteto, Marc Staal, the corpse of Jack Johnson? Or would you be amenable to keeping him around another season to see if he continues to develop or at the very least wait for another better option for the 3rd pair?

Completely fair that there are prettier horses to ride in the pipeline, and I agree completely with that logic.

Out of curiosity however, if there was not such a wealth of talent to give a fair look to(Jones, Robertson, Reuanan, etc...), would you be so quick to discard him if your next best options were something like Bitteto, Marc Staal, the corpse of Jack Johnson? Or would you be amenable to keeping him around another season to see if he continues to develop or at the very least wait for another better option for the 3rd pair?

Absolutely not. I'd be saying the opposite: see what you have. Ride him. If it doesn't work, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Hajek is going to be a perfectly fine bottom 4 defender for the entirety of his career. He might run into a coach who helps him become a solidly second pair guy.

He's fine. We're just in a spot where he's like the 11th best defender in the system long-term, even if he's 6th on the current squad.