• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bitetto Brotherhood

Phil

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was never a glue guy. That was just a feel good narrative to distract from the ADA debacle when they decided enough was enough. That whole “knows what it means to put the jersey on” crap was just invented because we wanted that feel good story. Hell, I can shit Ranger colored sparklers out there on the ice too if I got to dress for my hometown team but I’d still be shitting all over the ice. Just like Bitetto.

I mean holy shit, how do you, as an NHL coach, in the crunch time of the season in our biggest chance to round the corner in his own coaching era decide to play a guy that hasn’t seen an NHL game since late February? Then get away with it and decide....okay let’s go again!

By no means am I trying to say Bitetto is exactly why we lost. However, it just shows a small level of a larger incompetence by Quinn.

• Like 1

He was never a glue guy. That was just a feel good narrative to distract from the ADA debacle when they decided enough was enough. That whole “knows what it means to put the jersey on” crap was just invented because we wanted that feel good story. Hell, I can shit Ranger colored sparklers out there on the ice too if I got to dress for my hometown team but I’d still be shitting all over the ice. Just like Bitetto.

I mean holy shit, how do you, as an NHL coach, in the crunch time of the season in our biggest chance to round the corner in his own coaching era decide to play a guy that hasn’t seen an NHL game since late February? Then get away with it and decide....okay let’s go again!

By no means am I trying to say Bitetto is exactly why we lost. However, it just shows a small level of a larger incompetence by Quinn.

"Distract from ADA" is putting it mildly. It was more about going out of the way in order to vindicate the idea the Rangers are "better off without ADA" because certain factions of people didn't like his opinions and tried to make it like he wasn't a good hockey player regardless. Bitetto... glue guy...lol

• Like 1

Bitteto played pretty well previously and then was injured. After a lengthy layoff, he did not do well. DQ gave him a second game hoping he'd get his feet. He didn't. We can't afford to let him play his way back into shape, so that's it, and he almost certainly will not be back. We've seen plenty of worse coaching than this episode.

Bitteto played pretty well previously and then was injured. After a lengthy layoff, he did not do well. DQ gave him a second game hoping he'd get his feet. He didn't. We can't afford to let him play his way back into shape, so that's it, and he almost certainly will not be back. We've seen plenty of worse coaching than this episode.

This sums it up pretty well

He’s a 7th dman who hasn’t played in 2 months. We can’t afford to have him in. He’s better than what he showed these last two games but to jump in cold, right into a playoff race like this, it’s a recipe for disaster

The difference between Hajek, Bitetto, and others like them is irrelevant. We're talking about shades of gray to differentiate bad players. None of them are NHL players.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I disagree on this point.

The major difference being their age, as Bitteto is 30 years old and he is what he is, a fringe NHL 3rd pair defenseman who is likely not going to improve much past that. Hajek on the other hand may very well be the same thing who instead of being an AHL tweener, goes back and carves out a reasonable career in the Czech league. At times this season he has looked dreadful, and at other times has looked quite respectable and like he belongs playing a limited role on the 3rd pair. That is part of the development curve, getting minutes and showing people what you do with them.

The reality however is that there is no room on this team for him once the season ends, and he is likely flipped as part of a bigger deal similar to Neil Pionk or traded for like a 3rd round draft pick. Being only 23 though, whether he goes on and develops into a larger role and has an Anton Stralman like career is very much up for debate.

I'm talking about actual impact, not trajectories. I recognize the difference there, but I don't much care to harp on it for exactly the reasons you've outlined – there are better/more promising players ahead of him any way you slice it.

You know who's a distraction? ADA.

You know who needs to move on? You guys.

You know who doesn't care about ADA anymore? The rest of us.

Really???? Dude the SECOND anything ada comes out you are literally one of the first people to respond lol.

Every. Time.