• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bitetto Brotherhood

Phil

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been real steady.

I think people get up in arms when you start complimenting role players because "they're easily replaceable" but the truth is there is not a single successful team out there that doesn't have good role players. Look how good Blackwell, Rooney and even Diguisseppi (though he has fallen off a bit recently) have been for them this year compared to what the Rangers have had as depth players over the last 2-3 seasons.

I don't think anyone here wants to see Bitetto get top 6 minutes 82 games a year but you know what I will take him over smith, and most definitely over Johnson. Guy is steady defensively, plays physical and seems to be a good locker room guy.

That's not true. The glue guys are often players who play lower down the lineup or are extras.

Not to mention I am sure it is infectious for the rest of the team to see the fire and excitement of a guy who grew up a fan of the team now play as your team mate.

Glue guys and role players are different. They can be the same guy, but they are different labels.

A glue guy example would be a Dan Girardi - he was a lockerroom personality, veteran, did the little things on the ice.

A role player is Blair Betts. He goes, plays his defensive C role and kills penalty - not known for his leadership, off ice persona, or lockerroom presence

Glue guys and role players are different. They can be the same guy, but they are different labels.

A glue guy example would be a Dan Girardi - he was a lockerroom personality, veteran, did the little things on the ice.

A role player is Blair Betts. He goes, plays his defensive C role and kills penalty - not known for his leadership, off ice persona, or lockerroom presence

im just happy someone said the name Blair Betts and it wasnt me lol

In my opinion the tda issue was handled poorly by everybody involved but that has nothing to do with bitteto other than giving him the opportunity. If any injury was the reason for opportunity nothing would be said we would just the players game. Up to this point his game has been surprising adequate. Nothing to get excited about but I’m also not desperately looking for his replacement. He’s the furthest thing from the problems this team has experienced

welcome. good group here.

No, being the glue guy here has nothing to do with his time in Nashville or anywhere else. Its because of what it means to him to be a Ranger. Being a Ranger, for Bitetto, intensifies all of the intangibles that make a glue guy.

in other words, without Bitetto this team is last in the standings or fox and breadman wouldnt be racking up points, or Miller would still be in teh minors? i find it hard to believe. i think he's a good teammate but being the glue for the whole team is a reach.

in other words, without Bitetto this team is last in the standings? i find it hard to believe. i think he's a good teammate but being the glue for the whole team is a reach.

How many times do I have to say it? Glue guy =/= MVP, leading scorer, and/or stud Dman. The glue guy impacts the culture of the team. We're talking Players' Player award, not MVP.

• Like 1

in other words, without Bitetto this team is last in the standings or fox and breadman wouldnt be racking up points, or Miller would still be in teh minors? i find it hard to believe. i think he's a good teammate but being the glue for the whole team is a reach.

It is a reach but hey whatever gets people through the day. This team is pretty mu h in the same place with or without glue boy.

How many times do I have to say it? Glue guy =/= MVP, leading scorer, and/or stud Dman. The glue guy impacts the culture of the team. We're talking Players' Player award, not MVP.

Player's Player award? how about the most handsome ranger? so without "the glue guy" Bitetto the team falls apart? we're talking about Bitetto here, in case you want to think about it again

Player's Player award? how about the most handsome ranger? so without "the glue guy" Bitetto the team falls apart? we're talking about Bitetto here, in case you want to think about it again
Tough to say if you're serious or just trolling, you realize they do have a player's players award right? Fast won it multiple times.

According to you everyone is a troll
Multiple people have explained the concept of a glue guy multiple times in this thread. It's also apparent if you listen to any of the hockey podcasts that these players exist, yet you continue to question it.

Then you mock the players player award as if it doesn't exist... If you're not trolling, then I have no idea what else you're doing here, it's certainly not contributing to meaningful conversation.

Multiple people have explained the concept of a glue guy multiple times in this thread. It's also apparent if you listen to any of the hockey podcasts that these players exist, yet you continue to question it.

Then you mock the players player award as if it doesn't exist... If you're not trolling, then I have no idea what else you're doing here, it's certainly not contributing to meaningful conversation.

I did not question the existence of a glue guy, I questioned Bitetto as being the glue guy. Pay attention.

And right now you’re trolling me. When will you ever learn?

I did not question the existence of a glue guy, I questioned Bitetto as being the glue guy. Pay attention.

And right now you’re trolling me. When will you ever learn?

If you think that's trolling then you need to go read the definition because you have no idea what it means.

But you did manage to last like a day off the ignore list. Back you go.

G'night.

• 1 month later...