Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil in Absentia View Post
    I guess it depends on who the team is. Part of me is really wondering if you can't work out a deal with Calgary for Bennett?
    Hmmmm, that might be an even better option. I think Bennett asked to move to wing just recently, but he is a center....He's also an RFA after this season...(I looked!)

...Not to mention, he's looking to get the hell outta there :http://theathletic.com/2360971/2021/...-flames-trade/

Headache for a headache?? Only thing is retention of salary for us, and how much, I would think...

Center depth on this team could be looked at as a "slight need" LOL

Senior Member Bantam Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Hmmmm, that might be an even better option. I think Bennett asked to move to wing just recently, but he is a center....He's also an RFA after this season...(I looked!)

...Not to mention, he's looking to get the hell outta there :http://theathletic.com/2360971/2021/...-flames-trade/

Headache for a headache?? Only thing is retention of salary for us, and how much, I would think...

Center depth on this team could be looked at as a "slight need" LOL
    I think this makes the most sense. I think it's the perfect fit and situation for both teams.

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Problem with Bennet is that he's unhappy that he's never gotten a real chance to play top 6 minutes in Calgary. I don't know if he'd get that chance here either.

Although at this point, maybe he could slot in with Artemi and Kaapo to see what happens, and drop Strome down. With the little center depth we have right now, Strome could absolutely suck donkey balls and still retain that 2nd line status.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    There are a few fits that make a good deal of sense, imo.

Calgary for Bennett is one of them.

I'd look at Minnesota - they have one RD on the team and they're absolutely swimming in players around the level we'd hope for (MoJo comes to mind, but also someone like a Greenway who just desperately needs a change of scenery).

I'd think Vancouver too - again, real light on RDs. Not sure there's a simpatico turnaround there - Brandon Sutter, perhaps?

Wonder if Chicago for Shaw is a thing. Not in love with it, but he's cheaper and definitely fills a need.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Quote Originally Posted by G1000 View Post

I'd look at Minnesota - they have one RD on the team and they're absolutely swimming in players around the level we'd hope for (MoJo comes to mind, but also someone like a Greenway who just desperately needs a change of scenery).

I'd think Vancouver too - again, real light on RDs. Not sure there's a simpatico turnaround there - Brandon Sutter, perhaps?

Wonder if Chicago for Shaw is a thing. Not in love with it, but he's cheaper and definitely fills a need.
    G,

I watched the Wild/Avs game last night and I gotta say, Greenway is a force out there. He'd be a fantastic fit here in NY. I see him as one of those "Hard players" to play against.

If I remember correctly I think Greenway even played for Quinn back in the day, so he would kinda mesh in a little easier with that as well. He's also off to a very good start this season so it may take a little more than ADA to pry a guy like that outta there. I'm not sure Minny wants to babysit for D'Angelo either...not unless we offer sexual favors

But yeah man, I'm a big advocate of Greenway....He plays that old school "go to the net", "Play a tough 60" game.

If it means anything. Doug MacLean said he poked around and didn't seem to think there was interest in DeAngelo and that DeAngelo's agent was the one trying to create a market for him.

This was said on Kyper's show, BTW.

The prince that was promised BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by ThirtyONE View Post
    If it means anything. Doug MacLean said he poked around and didn't seem to think there was interest in DeAngelo and that DeAngelo's agent was the one trying to create a market for him.

I mean, it's plausible. DeAngelo's agent is Pat Brisson, who is close with Darren Dreger, who has been accused of being a media mouthpiece for his friends and family.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    G,

I watched the Wild/Avs game last night and I gotta say, Greenway is a force out there. He'd be a fantastic fit here in NY. I see him as one of those "Hard players" to play against.

If I remember correctly I think Greenway even played for Quinn back in the day, so he would kinda mesh in a little easier with that as well. He's also off to a very good start this season so it may take a little more than ADA to pry a guy like that outta there. I'm not sure Minny wants to babysit for D'Angelo either...not unless we offer sexual favors

But yeah man, I'm a big advocate of Greenway....He plays that old school "go to the net", "Play a tough 60" game.
    Greenway would be a boon. He's one of Quinn's actual soldiers from BU. He's one of those guys who you can deploy in a specified role in your bottom-six, which is something the Rangers largely lack at the moment (plenty of good players, but no good players, if that makes sense).

Still, it feels like a pipe dream. DeAngelo also complicates their Seattle strategy. Parise, Zuccarello, Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin all have no moves.
    "Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you're a good loser, you're a loser."
    - John Tortorella

"Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. Seek out argument and disputation for their own sake; the grave will supply plenty of time for silence."
    - Christopher Hitchens

Senior Member Junior Division
    Greenway has 10 points in 11 games and is a physical specimen. Good luck getting him for a player thats been axed by the Rangers

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Greenway has 10 points in 11 games and is a physical specimen. Good luck getting him for a player thats been axed by the Rangers
    Can't imagine they would even consider it for a second (nor should they imo).

I would bet this is way more accurate than "League-Wide Interest" as reported by Dreger yesterday. Especially if the Rangers tried to move him several times prior to this past incident as has been reported.

Senior Member Midget Division
    Problem with Bennet is that he's unhappy that he's never gotten a real chance to play top 6 minutes in Calgary. I don't know if he'd get that chance here either.

Although at this point, maybe he could slot in with Artemi and Kaapo to see what happens, and drop Strome down. With the little center depth we have right now, Strome could absolutely suck donkey balls and still retain that 2nd line status.
    And then where are you putting Chytil, who was playing very well, when he comes back? I don't think Bennett is that great of a fit. I still like Dube if Calgary views him as stuck since he's still only playing 12 minutes a night. ADA for Dube and Lucic. Lucic cap hit is only 400K higher than Tony's so the first 2 years are a wash. Its that final year on Lucic's contract that would cause problems.

ContraQuinndicated BSBH Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by rmc51 View Post
    Oh, he's finally figured it out. Great. What brilliant timing.
    Hidden Content
    Blueshirts Brotherhood. We do what we must because we can - for the good of all Rangerkind

Windmill Cancer Survivor, Super-Duper Missile CDR Midget Division
    Oh, he's finally figured it out. Great. What brilliant timing.
    That puts him one step ahead of ADA.

Greenway would be a boon. He's one of Quinn's actual soldiers from BU. He's one of those guys who you can deploy in a specified role in your bottom-six, which is something the Rangers largely lack at the moment (plenty of good players, but no good players, if that makes sense).

Still, it feels like a pipe dream. DeAngelo also complicates their Seattle strategy. Parise, Zuccarello, Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin all have no moves.
    I watched him play last night again, Phil. Since MacKinnon was out I had to focus on a new target

Seriously, the guy's tough. Reminds me of Probert's game a little bit...(not his fighting)...but I'm sure Greenway at 6' 6" almost 240 can throw 'em like no tomorrow. It's a pipe dream, but think of what a score he'd be.

Bennett might be more attainable since he's been a bit of a pain in the ass in Calgary. But you never know! /shrug

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect

I see zero chance the Wild would want to deal Greenway for ADA in any shape or form. I believe Greenway is something like 5th or so in even strenth points this year in the league and seems to have turned a corner.

Steve Dangle Podcast absolutely shredded TDA, the Rangers and the NHL when they talked about this whole thing. Really interesting take from three people who don't normally have an opinion on the Rangers.

Senior Member Bantam Division
    There's always a market if you are willing to take a big enough problem in return, and there are a few of them out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I see zero chance the Wild would want to deal Greenway for ADA in any shape or form. I believe Greenway is something like 5th or so in even strenth points this year in the league and seems to have turned a corner.
    Agreed. Hence, pipe dream.
    - John Tortorella

- Christopher Hitchens

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    I see zero chance the Wild would want to deal Greenway for ADA in any shape or form. I believe Greenway is something like 5th or so in even strength points this year in the league and seems to have turned a corner.
    Agreed. Hence, pipe dream.
    The only way Minnesota takes on D'Angelo is if Craig Leipold needs someone to wax his Bentley!!!!

or of course, if they need one of these:

Senior Member Junior Division
    I guess it depends on who the team is. Part of me is really wondering if you can't work out a deal with Calgary for Bennett?
    Are there any prospects holding out for other teams? I'd love Bennett, but I'd think the Rangers would have to add a prospect to get a deal done. Plus he's an RFA after this season. What would he demand salary wise?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast