• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

What are the cliff notes of the facts? Too tired to read through 17 pages

Multiple junior suspensions, numerous NHL trades, numerous coaching/front office spats, numerous talkings to due to his toxic social media presence, where he once literally challenged a fan of his won team to fight outside the Garden, and, according to Gorton, an ultimatum delivered that "one more thing" would get him thrown on waivers. He then fought a team mate. Ergo, he's canned.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ADA got canned for breaking the camel's back with a final straw. He's also largely blackballed by the league over his political affiliations, which were largely interpreted (rightly or wrongly) as anti-vax/pro-Covid denialist and pro-insurrectionist by the Twitter "mob" he constantly swatted at for the purpose of riling them up. Both things are true. Friedman effectively confirmed the latter talking about teams with interest who would have to be "willing to take the heat" of trading for him because of his reputation. Crying about how fans on Twitter aren't arguing in good faith about him is a joke considering who you are defending — someone who refused to argue in good faith himself, and who reveled in "triggering" liberals.

This isn't hard to understand. I fucking hate bothsidesism, but in this case, both sides seem utterly incapable of accepting facts that even mildly conflict with the strongest defense/indictment of him. He's an asshole and a dressing room distraction with questionable social media motives and suspect political justifications.

If he is blackballed over political associations, its a multimillion dollar lawsuit against the rangers and the league. His political affiliations do not effect his on-ice play. Not sure thr league and the rangers want that kind of heat.

If he is blackballed over political associations, its a multimillion dollar lawsuit against the rangers and the league. His political affiliations do not effect his on-ice play. Not sure thr league and the rangers want that kind of heat.

Sorry, I should have been more clear: he's also largely blackballed by the league because any team trading for him has to foot the bill of explaining why they are OK with the perception he's earned for being anti-vax/pro-Covid denialist and pro-insurrectionist. Blackballed might not even be the best term. The best phrase, I'd say, is "he's radioactive."

It's not that no one wants him. It's that no one wants the heat that he brings.

We used to have "all things" threads that were probably longer — Sundin, Forsberg, etc.
you probably right ,but I do remember Nash thread being super loooooong,I don't want to name names but some old , I mean old poster use to keep the Nash thread going,calling him Mr softee

Multiple junior suspensions, numerous NHL trades, numerous coaching/front office spats, numerous talkings to due to his toxic social media presence, where he once literally challenged a fan of his won team to fight outside the Garden, and, according to Gorton, an ultimatum delivered that "one more thing" would get him thrown on waivers. He then fought a team mate. Ergo, he's canned.

Hasn't Jim Dolan challenged fans to fights routinely for saying sell the team? Hard to use that as a reason to discipline a player if ownership doesn't seem to have a problem with doing it.

Hasn't Jim Dolan challenged fans to fights routinely for saying sell the team? Hard to use that as a reason to discipline a player if ownership doesn't seem to have a problem with doing it.

I don't know. I didn't know DeAngelo was pro "insurrectionist", considering I thought he got off Twitter, and went to Parler, which was taken off the internet for allowing actual free speech on what is probably the shittiest format for any kind of social media. Did DeAngelo go on there for the ten minutes it was still available and claim that he was pro "insurrection "? Or is this more guilty by association bullshit that all conservatives have to carry on their backs because liberals gonna liberal?