• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What?

So they shopped him - no one wanted him. He then starts the season bad, gets scratched, fights a team mate, then he clears waivers.

And NOW everyone wants him? Lol???

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

What?

So they shopped him - no one wanted him. He then starts the season bad, gets scratched, fights a team mate, then he clears waivers.

And NOW everyone wants him? Lol???

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Why pay pennies on the dollar when you can make sure the Rangers themselves even have to pay those pennies also?

Why would any team want a guy who tweets opinions?
Send him to Dallas, or maybe Miami so he can be closer to Mara Lago. He can marinate in all the horseshit conspiracy theory stuff and be a local hero.

If he doesn't put hockey first, second, and third, he's going to wash out wherever he goes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

He doesn't. Tony DeActivated. ;)

But I am still genuinely surprised at the sudden spike in interest.

Even Friedman noted a trade would be difficult because of the heat.

Lol true. I'm surprised by the interest too, but I couldn't resist being sarcastic. Is saving a couple million dollars, but paying a price for him, really that much more enticing than claiming him for free at 4.5m? Seems weird.

Guessing offers are in the 3rd round pick range. The Rangers won't eat salary for nothing.

He doesn't. Tony DeActivated. ;)

But I am still genuinely surprised at the sudden spike in interest.

Even Friedman noted a trade would be difficult because of the heat.

The fact that the Rangers look like a dumpster fire might take some heat off of TDA

Send him to Dallas, or maybe Miami so he can be closer to Mara Lago. He can marinate in all the horseshit conspiracy theory stuff and be a local hero.

If he doesn't put hockey first, second, and third, he's going to wash out wherever he goes.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

But fans aren't holding his political views against him... Every other comment has these remarks in them. Hockey fans or Partisan fans?

With the supposed facts out about this kid, I think teams may be more willing to take his blown out of proportion "problem child" all star caliber offense off the Rangers hands.

Perhaps they see this in the context I do. Baby shit over reaction from management to put the proverbial foot down and have a pissing contest with the outspoken player.

What ever. Get some value please.

I mean wouldn't we rather the buy out?

But fans aren't holding his political views against him... Every other comment has these remarks in them. Hockey fans or Partisan fans?
Fans have no control over any of this, soooo #jokesgonnafly. If you ever saw his ex-Twitter account you'd see him dish it out. If you can stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I answered sarcasm with sarcasm.

The politics/social media stuff is part of the bag of chaos and distraction that he brought to the table. He had success last season when he stayed away from controversy and focused on hockey. Made everyone happy. I do think that's going to be a necessary element for him to succeed wherever he lands. Just my opinion.

Why wouldn't a team grab him on waivers and instead willfully give up assets for him?

In addition to not paying full freight, I believe there are only 6 teams with the cap space to pick him up at full salary (although Taxi Squad shenanigans might make that number totally irrelevant).

This will be either a 50% retention or bad asset for bad asset... I'm hoping the former.. No need to clog the roster with someone else's mistake, take your medicine and move along.

b/c they wouldn't want to take on his full salary if picked up through waivers.

Rangers stated they will pick up a part of his salary, probably 50% if they trade him.

A trade also allows them to move a contract out, if needed. Teams close to the 50 contract maximum wouldn't want to claim him either because it would put them over or too close for comfort to the ceiling.

The only thing positive I can see from a trade, as opposed to a buy out, is that we could actually land a decent draft pick who would be beneficial long after his retained contract expires. Other than that I can't see why they wouldn't just buy him out at the end of the year.

Hey! Any way we could land MacKinnon??? Nah, they'd never do that!!! :rofl: