• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dreger: League-Wide Interest in DeAngelo; Trade Likely a Matter of Days

Scott

Problem with Bennet is that he's unhappy that he's never gotten a real chance to play top 6 minutes in Calgary. I don't know if he'd get that chance here either.

Although at this point, maybe he could slot in with Artemi and Kaapo to see what happens, and drop Strome down. With the little center depth we have right now, Strome could absolutely suck donkey balls and still retain that 2nd line status.

And then where are you putting Chytil, who was playing very well, when he comes back? I don't think Bennett is that great of a fit. I still like Dube if Calgary views him as stuck since he's still only playing 12 minutes a night. ADA for Dube and Lucic. Lucic cap hit is only 400K higher than Tony's so the first 2 years are a wash. Its that final year on Lucic's contract that would cause problems.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenway would be a boon. He's one of Quinn's actual soldiers from BU. He's one of those guys who you can deploy in a specified role in your bottom-six, which is something the Rangers largely lack at the moment (plenty of good players, but no good players, if that makes sense).

Still, it feels like a pipe dream. DeAngelo also complicates their Seattle strategy. Parise, Zuccarello, Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin all have no moves.

I watched him play last night again, Phil. Since MacKinnon was out I had to focus on a new target ;)

Seriously, the guy's tough. Reminds me of Probert's game a little bit...(not his fighting)...but I'm sure Greenway at 6' 6" almost 240 can throw 'em like no tomorrow. It's a pipe dream, but think of what a score he'd be.

Bennett might be more attainable since he's been a bit of a pain in the ass in Calgary. But you never know! /shrug

Greenway would be a boon. He's one of Quinn's actual soldiers from BU. He's one of those guys who you can deploy in a specified role in your bottom-six, which is something the Rangers largely lack at the moment (plenty of good players, but no good players, if that makes sense).

Still, it feels like a pipe dream. DeAngelo also complicates their Seattle strategy. Parise, Zuccarello, Suter, Spurgeon, and Brodin all have no moves.

I see zero chance the Wild would want to deal Greenway for ADA in any shape or form. I believe Greenway is something like 5th or so in even strenth points this year in the league and seems to have turned a corner.

I see zero chance the Wild would want to deal Greenway for ADA in any shape or form. I believe Greenway is something like 5th or so in even strenth points this year in the league and seems to have turned a corner.

Agreed. Hence, pipe dream.

I see zero chance the Wild would want to deal Greenway for ADA in any shape or form. I believe Greenway is something like 5th or so in even strength points this year in the league and seems to have turned a corner.

Agreed. Hence, pipe dream.

The only way Minnesota takes on D'Angelo is if Craig Leipold needs someone to wax his Bentley!!!!

or of course, if they need one of these: :rofl:

I guess it depends on who the team is. Part of me is really wondering if you can't work out a deal with Calgary for Bennett?

Are there any prospects holding out for other teams? I'd love Bennett, but I'd think the Rangers would have to add a prospect to get a deal done. Plus he's an RFA after this season. What would he demand salary wise?

Are there any prospects holding out for other teams? I'd love Bennett, but I'd think the Rangers would have to add a prospect to get a deal done. Plus he's an RFA after this season. What would he demand salary wise?

Bigger issue is he wants more responsibility, we have Chytil.

McKenzie just said 4-5 teams calling, CAL, 2 southern CA teams among them, issue is all teams looking for Rangers to take on a bad contract or eat salary and as many have pointed out here there's no reason for them to do it when the buyout is a cheaper option. Sounds like they're going about it the right way.

I?m more surprised they didn?t just suspend him for the season and let him sit out and not get paid. Force him and his agent to ask to be put on unconditional waivers.

PA wouldnt allow it. Rangers arent that stupid.

He got punched.

I mentioned in a previous post, they could have required him to 'seek help', but they can't treat him worse than they did Georgiev, based on that incident.

Here's the video of McKenzie from last night:

Link:

Important to note, he said "The Rangers are not prepared to retain a huge amount of salary. The Rangers are not prepared to take on a huge contract coming the other way."

That's very different from "The Rangers will not retain salary."

Kinda what we're all pretty much figuring I think, Phil. We'll see where it goes from here but I'm good with even eating his season and buying him out. At this point, I just say "fuck it" and move on. Yeah it's a loss of an asset, but it's like holding a live grenade with this guy. I think his best value to us now is to just be off the team, and outta the damn way. We'll make it up down the pike....kinda like that ping pong ball that gave us Laffy!!!

Karma will return in a good way for us...I just know it! ;)