• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peloton

Patrick Bateman

Finally broke down and got one after it felt like everyone I know was getting onboard. Two weeks in and loving it so far, definitely a good investment

Anyone else have one? Who are some good instructors I should try out?

Honestly...it's really good. I'm surprised by how much I like it, and we went ahead and took an old TV, bought a Fire stick, and set it up near our bike so we can do floor workouts in the same space.

I tend to pick workouts based on playlists more than instructors. Most classes can sufficiently kick my ass. Do you have a favorite so far?

Honestly...it's really good. I'm surprised by how much I like it, and we went ahead and took an old TV, bought a Fire stick, and set it up near our bike so we can do floor workouts in the same space.

I tend to pick workouts based on playlists more than instructors. Most classes can sufficiently kick my ass. Do you have a favorite so far?

Hannah Corbin has been my favorite. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks but both rides I got like 15-20 more output then my next highest and I didn't feel anymore beat when it ended. She does a really good job of mixing the climbs with recovery

The important question no one is asking yet is, are you riding to Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor.
  • Like 1

What's the cost? Personally, if I got any more good looking it wouldn't be fair to my wife, but in her case, I fork out $200/month for her class based gym membership. Is that what we're looking at, here, when you factor in bike cost, etc?

Emma Lovewell, Kendall Toole, Cody Rigsby, Hannah Corbin are really good instructors.

I use the Peloton at work, but I have their competitor bike Echelon at home which I use about 4x a week. Love my Echelon bike b/c its a lot cheaper than Peloton, I paid about $2200 including a 2 year membership. They do have cheaper bikes if you have your own iPad.

https://echelonfit.com

• Like 1

I have the Echelon as well.. 99% positive experience..

I honestly went that direction because of the shipping/delivery times vs other brands last spring.. Got the bike- put it all together and get to the last step of putting the pedals on... no pedals in the box. They were dumbfounded.. Took me 3 more weeks to get pedals because they were all on back order.. Their CSI detectives gathered that someone needed pedals so someone swiped from my box for another order but no note was placed on the bike and it was sent out incomplete. I applauded their Cold Case squad but said that unless they doubled as pedal cobblers I didn't care.. they gave me some money back, that somewhat helped.

I have the Echelon as well.. 99% positive experience..

I honestly went that direction because of the shipping/delivery times vs other brands last spring.. Got the bike- put it all together and get to the last step of putting the pedals on... no pedals in the box. They were dumbfounded.. Took me 3 more weeks to get pedals because they were all on back order.. Their CSI detectives gathered that someone needed pedals so someone swiped from my box for another order but no note was placed on the bike and it was sent out incomplete. I applauded their Cold Case squad but said that unless they doubled as pedal cobblers I didn't care.. they gave me some money back, that somewhat helped.

[emoji106]. Had my bike for a year, got it at the perfect time before this pandemic started. They had big delays in April-June/July.

Hopping on the 45 minute Chris Tracy ride in 10 minutes.

One thing with Echelon, I wish their music, and description of rides were better.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I like Brian Hager- his musical tastes are probably closer to mine than many of the other riders..

Dallas Jones has good classes- but the music is not exactly my sweet spot.

I feel Chris Tracey makes the rides go faster. Brian Hager does have good music, but I find him boring. I usually do Nicole or Rilde rides, more energetic but I?m dead at the end.

Hannah Corbin has been my favorite. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks but both rides I got like 15-20 more output then my next highest and I didn't feel anymore beat when it ended. She does a really good job of mixing the climbs with recovery

I got the Peloton almost a year ago. Sounds weird and cliche but it honestly was life-changing. Idk if I've lost weight or not since I don't own a scale but I'm definitely visibly in better shape and my wife loves the way my legs look lol

Hannah was my first favorite instructor for sure but as I got more experience some of the tougher instructors (maybe not tougher, but their workouts are tougher) like Ben Alldis and Olivia Amato became favorites. Jess King is literally a psycho but it makes her rides interesting. Emma Lovewell is great too

DId you get it with the peloton shoes? for most of the time we've had it we had toe cages and used regular sneakers, but we recently caved and got the spin shoes that lock in and it made a world of difference.

hit a 45 min PR of 532 yesterday. Hit a 30 minute 372 PR pretty recently as well

Hannah is great. Her classes are super chill and I like her taste in music.

My favorite instructor is definitely Alex Toussaint. If I'm looking to get my ass kicked, I'll do an Olivia Amato class and regret it immediately. She's a sociopath.

I feel Chris Tracey makes the rides go faster. Brian Hager does have good music, but I find him boring. I usually do Nicole or Rilde rides, more energetic but I’m dead at the end.

No doubt- Brian sounds like an accountant reading trial balance statements out loud some times.. I really focus on the music..

I've been doing it enough where I can mentally run my own class using the scenic rides.

If you want a long one- Dallas Jones will do 75 minute rides that will whip your ass. I recall doing a 90 minute ride once, that was a bit much

I got the Peloton almost a year ago. Sounds weird and cliche but it honestly was life-changing. Idk if I've lost weight or not since I don't own a scale but I'm definitely visibly in better shape and my wife loves the way my legs look lol

Hannah was my first favorite instructor for sure but as I got more experience some of the tougher instructors (maybe not tougher, but their workouts are tougher) like Ben Alldis and Olivia Amato became favorites. Jess King is literally a psycho but it makes her rides interesting. Emma Lovewell is great too

DId you get it with the peloton shoes? for most of the time we've had it we had toe cages and used regular sneakers, but we recently caved and got the spin shoes that lock in and it made a world of difference.

hit a 45 min PR of 532 yesterday. Hit a 30 minute 372 PR pretty recently as well

For real, people say it's a cult and it's so accurate. I bought it based on how hard my friends and family were selling me on it. I really never worked out prior to this but now bought resistance bands and other stuff bc it really motivates you to get in shape

My favorite instructor is definitely Alex Toussaint. If I'm looking to get my ass kicked, I'll do an Olivia Amato class and regret it immediately. She's a sociopath.

I did a beginer class with Olivia and could tell she's prob a psycho. Looking forward to getting to the point where I can take her regular classes bc I like how much she focused on correcting and maximizing posture. Def need that

I like his rides too but the one thing that pisses me off (and some other instructors do this as well) is that they'll be pushing you to keep pushing but they are sitting still not actually doing it.

That pisses me off more with the off-the-bike strength classes though.

No doubt- Brian sounds like an accountant reading trial balance statements out loud some times.. I really focus on the music..

I've been doing it enough where I can mentally run my own class using the scenic rides.

If you want a long one- Dallas Jones will do 75 minute rides that will whip your ass. I recall doing a 90 minute ride once, that was a bit much

I'm getting sick just imagining a tough 75 minute ride haha. What kind of output do you get from those?

For real, people say it's a cult and it's so accurate. I bought it based on how hard my friends and family were selling me on it. I really never worked out prior to this but now bought resistance bands and other stuff bc it really motivates you to get in shape

I did a beginer class with Olivia and could tell she's prob a psycho. Looking forward to getting to the point where I can take her regular classes bc I like how much she focused on correcting and maximizing posture. Def need that

Olivia is psycho in a good way for me.

also, take the stretching classes, you will absolutely need it. I admittedly don't do it enough either but it helps a ton

• Like 1