• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peloton

Patrick Bateman

I haven't tried it yet since i dont own a heart rate monitor but maybe it'd be a good investment

This a.m. I hit 401 output on a 30 minute ride. Legs are jelly but it feels great. I've been trying to gun for 400 for a while now and came close a few times

Damn, nice.

I've got a friend who just turns up the resistance super high the entire time and rides out of the saddle - doesn't matter if it's a climb ride or HIIT. So basically, he's gaming the output and still getting a good workout in, but not actually doing the ride as it was meant to. I feel like he's obsessed with climbing the leaderboard.

Thanks!

I definitely don't 100% follow the prompts but mostly stick to the flow of the ride. For instance in the one i did, i think there was like 3 climbs of 30 seconds with 30 second rests in between and i just didnt take the rests and kept the climb going. I also modify a bit to fit my needs (like ill do more resistance but less speed or vice versa)

I feel pretty out of control on anything below 42-45 output so I really never go below that

I appreciate a flat road after a long climb, but I find it really hard to go below that range too. I feel like my legs just take off.

Do you all have favorite instructors?

I appreciate a flat road after a long climb, but I find it really hard to go below that range too. I feel like my legs just take off.

Do you all have favorite instructors?

Alex Toussaint or Olivia Amato if I'm trying to get my ass kicked.

Hannah Corbin, Emma Lovewell, or Denis Morton if I'm looking for good music and to chill.

BBBE what does the average output look like for a 30 min ride with a 400 total output?

I fell off for a few weeks and finally got back into it a bit last week and this week. Before then my target was always to be north of 200 average output, coming up a bit short recently but getting closer

avg output was 223.

the real trick is to just never take the resistance all the way off. the harder pushes will likely not be more above your average than the recoveries will be below the average if that makes sense. So like, in the parts where you are on a flatroad or not pushing hard, if you can still find a relatively easy speed/resistance combo that is at least in the ballpark of your average output, you can at least kind of keep pace. Ive notice for me, around a 45 resistance and a 95ish cadence helps me at least keep pace with the PR while still letting me recover a little bit.

You either get gassed super early and miss the PR by 50 points or you crush it lol

• Like 1

Its kind of amazing what a well timed song can do for your ride. One of my best rides I was gassed with 5 min left and then Everlong came on and it re-energized me

my wife set a PR yesterday because she hates Kendal Toole, but the playlist was right up her alley. Then Kendall said the wrong band on a song and it pissed her off so much she pushed and got a PR lol

I find Kendall pretty insufferable in general too though

I can't stand Kendall. No surprise most of her rides are rated 97% or 98% liked. I'm immediately suspicious when a ride is rated that low. I think out of the 200+ rides I've done, I've rated like 2 thumbs down.

She's hit or miss. Routinely has the best rock playlists though. Haven't done a Kendall ride that didn't absolutely kick my ass, too.

• 2 weeks later...
Olivia has a 30 min HIIT and Hills from friday. Tough but doable that I recommend.

I was on pace to clear 400 again until about 10 minutes left when I hit an absolute wall. 381 total, cant be mad

Oh nice, I was planning on dying this week. I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...