Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Quote Originally Posted by Long live the King View Post
    There's really no other option to go to right now to cut his minutes. Gotta wait until Chytil comes back. Gimmie some Laf - Chytil - Buch as a 2nd line behind Bread - Strome - Kakko. Let Kreider and Zib grind it out on the 3rd line with Blackwell for a while. Until the rack up some dirty goals.
    At this point I think I like the idea of Zib getting less playing time until he finds his game. As bad as Strome is he has shown signs of life so maybe until Chytil gets back that second line shoudl be getting some more time.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Being that they aren't making the playoffs any way maybe they should let Zibs sit a few games and just work on his game.
    Have a coach set him up for one timers, work on his passing and receiving passes & taking face-offs.
    Let him get his timing, confidence and stamina back up.

Banned Junior Division
    or just shoot him

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻ BSBH Prospect
    The problem is our center depth. We just don’t have it to sit the guy.

Mr. Mojo Rising Midget Division
    Fuck it...let him play. I think he can play through this, and there's nothing better in my mind than on the job training. No reason to sit him for bad play. I think that would be embarrassing for the guy. I'm in favor of letting him play through it.

Keirik's right too, we don't have any depth at center to begin with, so why not play him?

Zibby at his absolute worst is still better than Howden at his best, so...

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    The problem is our center depth. We just don’t have it to sit the guy.
    They got rid of 2nd best RHD, and now Hajek, who was on the taxi squad, is filling that role.

I dont think the team will suffer much from sitting Zibanejad's ass on the bench for a few periods.

At this point, we dont have time for him to play through it. That shipped sailed 6 games ago. Now, its time for Quinn to hold the big boys to the same standards he holds the young offensive kids and the foreigners to.

Senior Member Pee-Wee Division
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Zibby at his absolute worst is still better than Howden at his best, so...
    Howden is still on the team?

It wouldn't be sitting him for bad play. It would be letting him get his shit together.

Russian Meddling BSBH Veteran
    So, Zibanejad got an assist on the first goal of the season (stole puck at center ice and Buch scored).

Since, he flubbed a shot on the PP that went in, and assisted on an EN goal.

His FO% in under 44% after the first 2 games.

Looked decidedly better but for the love of god please go forehand on at least one breakaway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keirik View Post
    Looked decidedly better but for the love of god please go forehand on at least one breakaway lol
    From your post to his ears, big K!! Good lord, even I knew he was going backhand!! LOL

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Everyone knew because he had nowhere else to go. He was getting cut off by the D. No chance to get to the forehand on either break.

Rural Supremacist BSBH Prospect
    I dunno, he cut have driven hard and went forehand. Maybe not ideal on that particular play, but he has to mix something else in to keep goalies honest. Even I looked good when I knew what was coming.

HNIC BSBH Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunny View Post
    I dunno, he cut have driven hard and went forehand. Maybe not ideal on that particular play, but he has to mix something else in to keep goalies honest. Even I looked good when I knew what was coming.
    I hear you. I just call it a good defensive play though.

Very Large Member BSBH Prospect

M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Although he played well last night, I think he’s just lacking confidence to try to make a play there, there wasn’t much space to work with
    Hidden Content

Let's Go Rangers!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Everyone knew because he had nowhere else to go. He was getting cut off by the D. No chance to get to the forehand on either break.
    you know what, you're right...probably would've gotten poked away. He looks a ton better though...Kinda skating with a "purpose". Great to see him get those shots on goal again....he and Kreider looked pretty damn good at times last night!

Yeah, I agree with Dunny here. It wasn’t exactly a clean breakaway but he did have a step ahead and could have powered in on that. Likely draws a penalty too. Just have to try something new he’ll, try 5 hole then lol

Banned Junior Division
    seems last year he was a lot faster too. in situations like last night he would've been on a clean breakaway. Last night defensement were catching up to him

Senior Member Midget Division
    Quote Originally Posted by CCCP View Post
    seems last year he was a lot faster too. in situations like last night he would've been on a clean breakaway. Last night defensement were catching up to him
    Interesting. I thought this too but wasn't sure if I was being hyper-critical. Especially the 1st one but Prokorov is fairly fast for a D-man so it might have just been that.

Banned Junior Division
    You were not hypercritical, Kevin. You were right on the money. Your 15 year old skates faster

Senior Member BSBH Prospect
    Just saying last season one of those two breaks he had as a definite goal, if not two.

I've never seen a player go from such a sure thing to such a question mark so quickly. I have been hopeful he snaps out of it but I am not liking how long its taking.

Anyone know of anyone else in the league who has been so affected by covid?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast