• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Keirik

That stare back at Tukka was priceless!!! I almost fell outta my seat!! He was very into it last night, Mika. He's gonna open it up now Paddy. He started shooting more in the 2nd and 3rd....after he passed up 2 good chances in the first.

i'd pay $5 to hear what he was saying to Rask

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zib not producing is really killing this team. Their defense has found its form and the goaltending has been solid. Almost all of their games have been close. A few more goals/points from Zibanejad and you could pencil this team into a playoff spot. Hopefully he can get that ice breaker and starts to take off and everything else can continue to be steady.

who's the first overall pick this year?

Here's the Top 10 on Hockey Writers, CC

http://thehockeywriters.com/2021-nhl-draft-rankings-baracchini-top-75-january/

1. Brandt Clarke, D, Barrie Colts (OHL)

2. Carson Lambos, D, Winnipeg Ice (WHL)

3. Owen Power, D, University of Michigan (NCAA)

4. Matthew Beniers, C, University of Michigan (NCAA)

5. Simon Edvinsson, D, Fr?lunda J20 (Nationell)

6. Luke Hughes, D, USNTDP (USHL)

7. Dylan Guenther, RW, Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

8. Jesper Wallstedt, G, Lule? (SHL)

9. William Eklund, C, Djurg?rdens IF (SHL)

10. Fabian Lysell, RW, Lule? (SHL)

I like the guy I bolded....I hear the kid can stick handle in a phone booth!!! ;)

Thanks Ozzy.

We dont really need the top pick but I’ll take 4th OA.

I haven't seen very much of Beniers at all, CC...right now it's just "word on the street". I'll bet he goes higher than 4th though since he's a natural Centerman. We'll see though...A lotta time before that one goes down :thumbs:

It's so hard to know. I mean at least that is a sort of explanation. Maybe he gave it to Kreider too lol
It's been so disappointing. You'd hope that Kreider would be better trying to pick up his center a bit but it's been the opposite. Kreider's basically along for the shitty ride while Zibs works his way through this. I know people are sick of all the line shuffling but i think these two need to be separated for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

It's been so disappointing. You'd hope that Kreider would be better trying to pick up his center a bit but it's been the opposite. Kreider's basically along for the shitty ride while Zibs works his way through this. I know people are sick of all the line shuffling but i think these two need to be separated for a bit.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Kreider has always been a complimentary player. He's not a line driver. He goes as his linemates go. When Zucc was hot, Kreider was hot. When Zib is hot, Kreider is hot.

Now everyone is cold.

Kreider has always been a complimentary player. He's not a line driver. He goes as his linemates go. When Zucc was hot, Kreider was hot. When Zib is hot, Kreider is hot.

Now everyone is cold.

Yep. Kreider doesn't create offense, he capitalizes when others do - which is an important role and an important player to have in the lineup when the other players are creating. But Zibanejad hasn't created anything all year. The puck seemingly bounces over and off his stick blade every time he attempts to do something with it. I can't tell if it's bad lucky, lack of confidence, or just being a step slow because of COVID.

Really have to think it's the lingering Rona. He's just awful.

hopefully not and its just a rough streak he can't break out of.

but if it's in any way Rona related, you gotta give him some time off.

Just read what Ristolainen experienced with it and if Zibanejad even has been dealing with a fraction of that it's gotta be tough

Really have to think it's the lingering Rona. He's just awful.

What else could it be. He's putting in the physical effort but the execution and decision making is all off and it's well known by now that Rona can have some pretty severe and lingering mental/cognitive effects too.

I'm giving Zibby a pass...I know...call me crazy, but the guy was arguably one of the best players in the NHL the last couple of seasons, and it's just not feasible that he just drop from grace like this, this season.

Something's up...and we'll probably never know what it is, but I'm holding to the point that yeah, he's playing like shit, and looks like it's his first day on skates out there at times, but the guy is going to come back HUGE from whatever is going on. I'm hanging tough with my Zibby!

I think he's the most important piece in this up and coming machine. He'll get it back. He's a great talent, and guys like that have a way of finding it again....