• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Keirik

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate seeing Zib do that full wind up to 1 o'clock, trying to blast it to the moon and then it goes wide and often out of the zone. A 9 or 10 o'clock wind up seems like it would be more accurate and not give the goaltender that .2 seconds to get over. Just my impression of his PP for 3 seasons now.

I hate seeing Zib do that full wind up to 1 o'clock, trying to blast it to the moon and then it goes wide and often out of the zone. A 9 or 10 o'clock wind up seems like it would be more accurate and not give the goaltender that .2 seconds to get over. Just my impression of his PP for 3 seasons now.

He doesn’t even give himself a good angle for it. Such an important year for both him and the team so they know whether or not he’s truly worth the ufa money he is going to want.

I think that corner slot pp look needs a serious tweak. Great it worked 4 times last year. Doest mean its now money.

He's way too close to the wall for it. Needs to eat h more Ovi videos to see where to actually be and not just think every goalie is going cross crease slowly.

This. Stop doing the same play over and over. Between him and Panarin, this off wing onetimer from close to the boards is becoming an easy read.

Buchnevich has been the most consistently noticeable and dangerous Rangers player this season. If he had better luck (and line mates) he'd have more points than Panarin.

I have no issues with Buch at all. He has been pretty noticeable out there, and especially on the PK. He's got a very quick stick in the D Zone, and broke up a couple of passes in that Caps game. He'll get back on the score sheet soon...probably tonight. ;)

A lot better from Mika last night. I think he's turned the corner. Best game of the season I'd say...:thumbs:

Ozzy he had a good night last night and plenty of opportunities and hopefully the pucks start hitting the back of the twine. After the glove save from Rask he's goy to be asking himself when is this going to end.

Ozzy he had a good night last night and plenty of opportunities and hopefully the pucks start hitting the back of the twine. After the glove save from Rask he's goy to be asking himself when is this going to end.

That stare back at Tukka was priceless!!! I almost fell outta my seat!! He was very into it last night, Mika. He's gonna open it up now Paddy. He started shooting more in the 2nd and 3rd....after he passed up 2 good chances in the first.

It seems reasonable to assume it's Covid related imo. We've seen it from time to time in other sports. Just like in society in general, most guys come back and are fine. But some struggle for a long time and it's usually down to respiratory issues. In the NFL, Myles Garrett was wrecking shop until he caught it halfway through the season. He came back after a couple of weeks and was nowhere near the same player, and never really got back to that level the rest of the season. He was complaining about being unable to catch his wind between plays. There are a couple of instances in the Premier League as well.

With Zib the drop in performance seems more significant than just not being 100% on his game. I'm speculating of course, but it seems the most likely explanation to me.

I'm still here. His issue has been being a step behind the play, a half second off on his shot timing, a few mph off of his shot. Have not thought he wasn't engaged. Feels like he has been pressing, but without full air in the tires. COVID is different with everyone - as I said, I have been watching my son's recovery - but it seems like it can be relatively easy to get back to 75-80%. 100% can be a much longer haul. In the NHL 80% looks like somebody is dogging it, doesn't care, not engaged, lost his skills, or any of the other things leveled at Zib in the past few weeks. Last night looked like he's finally getting both his speed and reactions back and I still think it's physical. May have a regression yet, but I am not doubting the underlying ability or commitment.

I'm still here. His issue has been being a step behind the play, a half second off on his shot timing, a few mph off of his shot. Have not thought he wasn't engaged. Feels like he has been pressing, but without full air in the tires. COVID is different with everyone - as I said, I have been watching my son's recovery - but it seems like it can be relatively easy to get back to 75-80%. 100% can be a much longer haul. In the NHL 80% looks like somebody is dogging it, doesn't care, not engaged, lost his skills, or any of the other things leveled at Zib in the past few weeks. Last night looked like he's finally getting both his speed and reactions back and I still think it's physical. May have a regression yet, but I am not doubting the underlying ability or commitment.

It still doesn't answer for that Mullet, RG!!! :rofl:

Nah man, I think you guys have a valid point. I don't doubt it beat him up pretty good, and it does affect everyone differently. He looked fairly good last night, and I hope there's more on the way.