• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Keirik

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he's dragging the whole line down with him. Kreider is useless and Buch just looks like a communist.

i was hoping he was going to get an empty netter last night just to remember how it feels to score,

Kakko beautifully set up Buch for the winner in OT. I think he would've potted that one, CC. That's the play they took the penalty on.

I'll agree with you on Kreider...I never liked his inconsistency either, and I still wish they dealt him at the deadline last season. (That ship's sailed!)

So goes Zibby, so go the Rangers...I think he's the key to the kingdom here. He'll get better...Zibby's a World Class player in my mind. He'll get his shit together.

There's really no other option to go to right now to cut his minutes. Gotta wait until Chytil comes back. Gimmie some Laf - Chytil - Buch as a 2nd line behind Bread - Strome - Kakko. Let Kreider and Zib grind it out on the 3rd line with Blackwell for a while. Until the rack up some dirty goals.

At this point I think I like the idea of Zib getting less playing time until he finds his game. As bad as Strome is he has shown signs of life so maybe until Chytil gets back that second line shoudl be getting some more time.

Fuck it...let him play. I think he can play through this, and there's nothing better in my mind than on the job training. No reason to sit him for bad play. I think that would be embarrassing for the guy. I'm in favor of letting him play through it.

Keirik's right too, we don't have any depth at center to begin with, so why not play him?

Zibby at his absolute worst is still better than Howden at his best, so... ;)

The problem is our center depth. We just don’t have it to sit the guy.

They got rid of 2nd best RHD, and now Hajek, who was on the taxi squad, is filling that role.

I dont think the team will suffer much from sitting Zibanejad's ass on the bench for a few periods.

At this point, we dont have time for him to play through it. That shipped sailed 6 games ago. Now, its time for Quinn to hold the big boys to the same standards he holds the young offensive kids and the foreigners to.

So, Zibanejad got an assist on the first goal of the season (stole puck at center ice and Buch scored).

Since, he flubbed a shot on the PP that went in, and assisted on an EN goal.

His FO% in under 44% after the first 2 games.

I dunno, he cut have driven hard and went forehand. Maybe not ideal on that particular play, but he has to mix something else in to keep goalies honest. Even I looked good when I knew what was coming.
I hear you. I just call it a good defensive play though.

Everyone knew because he had nowhere else to go. He was getting cut off by the D. No chance to get to the forehand on either break.

you know what, you're right...probably would've gotten poked away. He looks a ton better though...Kinda skating with a "purpose". Great to see him get those shots on goal again....he and Kreider looked pretty damn good at times last night!

Everyone knew because he had nowhere else to go. He was getting cut off by the D. No chance to get to the forehand on either break.

Yeah, I agree with Dunny here. It wasn’t exactly a clean breakaway but he did have a step ahead and could have powered in on that. Likely draws a penalty too. Just have to try something new he’ll, try 5 hole then lol

seems last year he was a lot faster too. in situations like last night he would've been on a clean breakaway. Last night defensement were catching up to him

Interesting. I thought this too but wasn't sure if I was being hyper-critical. Especially the 1st one but Prokorov is fairly fast for a D-man so it might have just been that.

Just saying last season one of those two breaks he had as a definite goal, if not two.

I've never seen a player go from such a sure thing to such a question mark so quickly. I have been hopeful he snaps out of it but I am not liking how long its taking.

Anyone know of anyone else in the league who has been so affected by covid?