• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

M.I.A. Zibanejad?

Keirik

Just saying last season one of those two breaks he had as a definite goal, if not two.

I've never seen a player go from such a sure thing to such a question mark so quickly. I have been hopeful he snaps out of it but I am not liking how long its taking.

Anyone know of anyone else in the league who has been so affected by covid?

I hear you, but I'm looking for progress right now. Last week he was unable to catch a pass or make a pass so the fact that he had some chances of his own as well as a one-timer that led to a power play goal is improvement.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear you, but I'm looking for progress right now. Last week he was unable to catch a pass or make a pass so the fact that he had some chances of his own as well as a one-timer that led to a power play goal is improvement.

Yea I guess I was expecting him to just snap back into his old self but you're probably right.

Better hope its quick though with Panarin out for god knows how long (I dont think it will be too long but who knows)

Yea I guess I was expecting him to just snap back into his old self but you're probably right.

Better hope its quick though with Panarin out for god knows how long (I dont think it will be too long but who knows)

This may sound weird, Nashty....but I actually think it's somewhat of "not so terrible thing" to be down Panarin right now. Instead of Panarin carrying the team, taking all the shots, scoring all the goals, I think sometimes the guys kinda "watch" him do all the work. Now they have a chance to step up and really pitch in.

Kreider was that guy that grabbed the bull by the balls last game...Shesty too.

I wanna see more guys bring it in the games to come. Too bad Kakko is down with Covid because I feel he was just breaking out. I swear, I think that kid's going to be a Selke winner one day! I was loving his game before he got sidelined!

I'm looking at this as an opportunity to see who else can elevate their game...especially since there's really nothing wrong with Panarin physically (thank goodness!). Then when Panarin comes back, it becomes a real shot in the arm!!

This may sound weird, Nashty....but I actually think it's somewhat of "not so terrible thing" to be down Panarin right now. Instead of Panarin carrying the team, taking all the shots, scoring all the goals, I think sometimes the guys kinda "watch" him do all the work. Now they have a chance to step up and really pitch in.

Kreider was that guy that grabbed the bull by the balls last game...Shesty too.

I wanna see more guys bring it in the games to come. Too bad Kakko is down with Covid because I feel he was just breaking out. I swear, I think that kid's going to be a Selke winner one day! I was loving his game before he got sidelined!

I'm looking at this as an opportunity to see who else can elevate their game...especially since there's really nothing wrong with Panarin physically (thank goodness!). Then when Panarin comes back, it becomes a real shot in the arm!!

Always gotta look at the silver lining. Was nice to see Kreider step up, as he should. I am sure in a game or two he will disappear again as is his M.O. but I hope I am wrong about that too.

Need Strome and Buch to step it up too

Always gotta look at the silver lining. Was nice to see Kreider step up, as he should. I am sure in a game or two he will disappear again as is his M.O. but I hope I am wrong about that too.

Need Strome and Buch to step it up too

You're probably right, and you know I've always given CK his lumps for slacking...I'm gonna have some faith in his maturation process this time, and support that. (Frank just fainted! :rofl:)

Buch for sure. He's playing for a contract now, and if you don't get it outta him this season, when will you? But absolutely man, I wanna see who's gonna take the reigns.

I've been pretty satisfied with Strome. He gets beat on up here sometimes, but he's done kinda everything that's been expected of him. Question is, "what else can ya do for us fella?" ;)

I don't think Kreider is given enough credit for the shit ton of goals scored where he's screeing the goaltender. Zibby was the main beneficiarie to Kreiders net front last year and iirc so was ADA. It never shows in stats but he definitely is a big part of their offense that's often overlooked.

I dunno, he cut have driven hard and went forehand. Maybe not ideal on that particular play, but he has to mix something else in to keep goalies honest. Even I looked good when I knew what was coming.
Pregame package broke down how Zib had no other options than going backhand.

;)

If you'd asked me at the end of last year what the chances were of Zib being on the Rangers' roster in October 2022, I would have said 90%. If you ask me now, I'd say 50%. That's a remarkable change over 18 games.

Zibby's going to be fine...just a down year...

No way you trade a guy like that. Especially in a year like this!

Zibby is exactly the type guy when you trade him, he comes back with 3 consecutive 100+ point seasons.

Zibby's going to be fine...just a down year...

No way you trade a guy like that. Especially in a year like this!

Zibby is exactly the type guy when you trade him, he comes back with 3 consecutive 100+ point seasons.

He's been almost unnaturally unlucky. Same with Lafreniere, actually.

He seems a bit slower than last year, but the real issue is that his shot isn't going in. A player like Mika is due to regress to at least the mean - he's not going to shoot 3.5% all season, and he's not going to be some 5% under flat PDO with a 93% on-ice save percentage.

I think he's got to start creeping closer to center with his shots, and maybe do a little less corner-picking and a little more "shoot for the rebound", but it really just looks like horrendous luck from the fancy-stats perspective.

He's been almost unnaturally unlucky. Same with Lafreniere, actually.

He seems a bit slower than last year, but the real issue is that his shot isn't going in. A player like Mika is due to regress to at least the mean - he's not going to shoot 3.5% all season, and he's not going to be some 5% under flat PDO with a 93% on-ice save percentage.

I think he's got to start creeping closer to center with his shots, and maybe do a little less corner-picking and a little more "shoot for the rebound", but it really just looks like horrendous luck from the fancy-stats perspective.

The whole team's puck luck has been pretty bad this year, G man! How many posts and bad bounces have we seen? It's actually kinda funny at times!

I like the idea of him shooting more from the center spot, but I also wanna see him take control more out there; He's rushing himself, making passes into guys' skates, and just not "playing" his game...kinda playing scared. I'm confident he'll figure it out. The guy's a world class player, but he's slumping. He'll shake it off soon!

It looked like he was waking up a bit last week. He'll get there again. :thumbs:

i just hope they don't give him some crazy 8 year contract. Doesn't matter if he rebounds his production, im not comfortable this guy leading the team in the playoffs and eventually for a cup run

I think we're gonna need a Zibby down the pike a bit, CC. I hear ya, right now he's not what he was last season, or the season before, but he has plenty of talent. When he gets his shit together, and he WILL....I think you'll feel a little better about his leading us.

It's just a down year. A lot of players have a shitty year tossed in their stat page...it happens. I'm glad he did it this season, instead of when we're really contending and he's no where to be found. Even so, he probably made himself even less expensive to us when his contract is up. Not a terrible thing! ;)

It's a shame too, if he were even what he was most of his career I'd be comfortable keeping him considering he probably signs for a bit less with covid cap around and takes the security. He's just been so awful though that if he ends up with a 10 goal 20 assist season it would be considered a step up from what he's doing now and then we start getting into the guessing game of which is the real Ziby.